PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite things to buy for your hair?

kidari
April 6th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Some of us may love to buy hair toys. Others love buying shampoos or conditioners. Maybe oils and other natural ingredients to make our own products? For me, it's any form of non-damaging and heat-free methods to curl the hair. Last month I was happiest when I bought those foam bendy rods to create spiral curls. Today I was so excited to purchase a set of magnetic rollers. A close second would be shampoos and conditioners and leave-in conditioners. I am addicted to buying those and trying out new products. What are your favorite things to purchase for your hair?

Venefica
April 6th, 2012, 02:12 AM
I love buying new hairsticks. Yes I buy hair products but that is just what I need to keep my hair healthy, yes they are important, but it is the hair sticks which are fun to buy.

Loreley
April 6th, 2012, 02:47 AM
I love buying hair care products. Shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, leave-ins, anything. :D

Jesabel
April 6th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Conditioners! and hair oils and butters to mix my own hair potions :D also love my pretty hair clips..

DaniVerde
April 6th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Toys, mostly...and Nightblooming's Panacea :D

Mina17
April 6th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Right now it's hair toys. I went through a phase where I liked to buy hair care products and I probably have a year's supply to use up now.

Mayflower
April 6th, 2012, 05:46 AM
I don't like hairtoys -I don't use them- but I do like to buy accesories like little clips to decorate a simple braid or ponytail.
I used to love buying shampoos and conditioners, but now I've found a brand that's absolutely perfect for me so I don't get to buy as much anymore:p. I do love to buy hairmasks though!

Amber_Maiden
April 6th, 2012, 06:11 AM
I love buying hair toys. Hair oils are a close second.

Lipbalmbabe
April 6th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Buying hair masks

Renate
April 6th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I love to buy everything, but recently it has been seamless combs.

Littlewing13
April 6th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Some of us may love to buy hair toys. Others love buying shampoos or conditioners. Maybe oils and other natural ingredients to make our own products? For me, it's any form of non-damaging and heat-free methods to curl the hair. Last month I was happiest when I bought those foam bendy rods to create spiral curls. Today I was so excited to purchase a set of magnetic rollers. A close second would be shampoos and conditioners and leave-in conditioners. I am addicted to buying those and trying out new products. What are your favorite things to purchase for your hair?

Oooh which rollers do you find to be the best?

Im a poor student at the moment so I cant buy too much, but I like experimenting with different concoctions of oils & junk I find in my fridge/cupboard.

I did just buy some satin covered foam rollers but havent recieved them yet.

Next on my list is a heatcap or a ficcare or a turbie towel type thing. Eventually.

jacqueline101
April 6th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Shampoo conditioners hair toys and detangler and oils.

curlsgalore
April 6th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Anything hair related!!!! :p

PixxieStix
April 6th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Toys are something I enjoy purchasing, but I'm so picky it takes me forever to decide on one (or find one that fits my criteria!), but I adore all the oils I've purchased for mixing up my own hair care potions. I don't know what I'd do without my coconut and extra virgin olive oils!

PianoPlaye
April 6th, 2012, 09:30 AM
These last few months, conditioners. :)
Supermarket own brand, washy coloured, cheap but cone-free. I now have a colourful stripe of bottles in the shower & my menfolk have been trained to identify the shampoo by bottle shape. :o
When I had a bit more money, I got a silk shirt on a carboot stall - it won't fit me, but it'll make at least one night cap. :magic:
Not quite the way we planned to spend Easter, but hey... :knitfrog:

spidermom
April 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I only buy what I need when I need it, and I can't say I particularly enjoy buying any of it.

HintOfMint
April 6th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Conditioner, it's always a treat, and I've taken to experimenting more.

Vallena
April 6th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I don't like buying a lot of things, and prefer to have an emptier shower (we only have a standing stall type anyways). But I do like buying toys, combs and brushes. But I don't do it very often, because I don' enjoy the cost!

christiner
April 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
what IS a hair toy?

dwell_in_safety
April 6th, 2012, 10:48 AM
I like buying new hair toys best. I allow myself to purchase one every other month, in the best interests of my wallet (I keep a budget, and toys aren't allowed to exceed $40 unless my birthday; they tend to be around $20) and so that I know that I will never purchase one that I don't KNOW I've compared to others available and would prefer it over other options that purchase and use it often.

I also like buying new scents of conditioners, but since I do CO washing and stick to the same brand (Suave Naturals), it's not quite the same as buying a new hair toy. :P

Roscata
April 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM
I love buying all of the things! *lol* But I tend to buy more products for hair care than hair toys. I have a lot of oils, shampoos, conditioners and hair treatment stuff. Once I settle into a routine I will probably start focusing more on hair toys though.

ETA:
what IS a hair toy?
A hair toy (to me) is anything you can use to decorate your hair. This can mean: hair sticks, pins, clip-in flowers, head dresses, ficcare, flexi8, etc.

BrightEyes
April 6th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I like buying deep treatments and oils (namely Nightblooming's triple moon oil and panacea). Also hair clips and toys I can wear now while my hair is short, but also some that I am saving for when my hair is longer.

Sillage
April 6th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Errrrything :rolling:

I've satiated myself with hairtoys and oils and gone on a buying ban for shampoos and conditioners (until I winnow down my stash) so the only things left for me are leave ins and treatments.

irishlady
April 6th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Hair toys definitely, I love buying beautiful pieces for my hair, especially those with a nature, elven or Celtic theme.

afu
April 6th, 2012, 05:40 PM
im not really into hairtoys, for me it has to be conditioners!

Long_hair_bear
April 6th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I love hair stick shopping, with hair fork shopping coming in close behind. I have a very hard time keeping myself off etsy, coveting all the lovely handmade toys.

MissAlyssa
April 6th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Hair masks and conditioners :)

Bagginslover
April 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Product wise-conditioners! Rinse outs, leave ins, deep treatments, the lot! I'm getting quite a collection!

Toys-nice simple pieces. I have some lovely plain wooden sticks, a pretty metal fork, and a snake stick coming, plus a bundle of French twist combs I plan to decorate myself.

PixieKitten
April 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM
As someone who is getting very little money along with rather large vet bills at the moment, I haven't been buying anything for my hair recently. I lovee my lorel elvive shine shampoo and conditioner(the pink bottle) because it smells amazingly fruity, and I'll be needing more of that soon! I'm also a slave to john freida's frizzease stuff. I've currently got the straightening potion from when I used to straighten my hair, but at over £5 I'm waiting until it's all gone before buying the curly stuff!

I'd love to buy toys for it as well though, but it's just not necessary for my shoulder length hair! When it's longer and I've saved up some spending money I'm sure I'll be buying lots of slicks, clips and sparkly things! :D

moralita
April 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Definitely conditioners and oils!

jesis
April 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Right now: headbands and clips!

jojo
April 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I love buying hair sticks and I am on the look out for a nice hair fork! but my all time favorite purchases for my hair is trying different masks, I get such a buzz getting a new one and seeing what it does for my hair!!!!

MoonlightShadow
April 7th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I love buying hair clips!!!!! :D.......but they keep breaking :(

Covet
April 7th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I used to love buying silly hair clips for my hair but I've stopped thankfully! They were probably damaging and not suitable for my hair type. Recently I've just been buying seamless hair ties and lots of conditioner and oil :)

turtlelover
April 7th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I am a shampoo and conditioner junkie and really need to use up my collection before I buy ANYTHING more!

The-Young-Maid
April 7th, 2012, 01:15 PM
conditioners, leave-ins, and oils :inlove:

Ishje
April 7th, 2012, 01:21 PM
hmmm everything, I guess.
I like to buy pretty hairtoy's, and the excitement of waiting for them to arrive.
I love to buy new products, to try out.
and I enjoy buying products that I know my hair will love :)

Kinkycurlygurl
April 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Since I went water only I've been buying more hair toys. I used to buy a lot of products. This winter I bought hats.:cheese:

PrincessIdril
April 7th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hair toys, to be specific, alice/head-bands. I am developing a fondness for hairsticks too but since I'm not very good at using hairsticks yet I try and avoid buying them!

Buddaphlyy
April 7th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Conditioner and wigs/extensions. My hair has really thickened up and maintained health since I started co washing daily and then putting on a wig.

kidari
April 7th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Oooh which rollers do you find to be the best?

Im a poor student at the moment so I cant buy too much, but I like experimenting with different concoctions of oils & junk I find in my fridge/cupboard.

I did just buy some satin covered foam rollers but havent recieved them yet.

Next on my list is a heatcap or a ficcare or a turbie towel type thing. Eventually.

Sorry, I just checked back right now. Honestly the best heat-free curls I get are from simple socks and pins. I do pin curls on the top of my head and then sock/rag curls on the bottom like two pigtail buns and those are the fastest to do, the most comfortable to sleep in, and give me the best results. On dry hair, I spray a tiny bit of distilled water evenly and rolls them in those foam bendy rods for an hour and I get beautiful spiral curls that stay better on straight hair. Hope this helps! The foam rollers leave awful dents in my hair and the magnetic rollers work best with simple long bobby pins, because the clamps leave dents too.

zombi
April 7th, 2012, 11:51 PM
I love to buy....... conditioners & curly styling products!

ClassicalBlonde
April 7th, 2012, 11:59 PM
I can't stop buying hairsticks, even though my hair isn't even that long yet :)

luxepiggy
April 8th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Shine sprays! I can never pass up trying a new one (^(oo)^)

drquartz1970
April 8th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Al'chemy organic Shampoo and Conditioner with some Moroccan hair oil

Othala
April 8th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Oils. Can't have too many oils.

cooklaezo13
April 8th, 2012, 11:52 AM
My favorite things to buy so far have been new combs and brushes. I may be strange, but I love detangling, combing and brushing my hair (which is partly why I want to grow it long). The seamless combs and bbb make this task even more of a pleasure for me.

TiffanieJean
April 8th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I want Caruso Rollers, so that would make me very happy :D
Oil's are always great too.

swearnsue
April 8th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I love to buy hennas, headbands, pretty clips, shampoos and conditioners. I guess just about everything!

icallitbliss
April 8th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Headbands and bobby pins! (or any other variety of sparkly clips). Since my hair is so short, that's all I can get away with. Oh, and maybe some poly bands to hold back my tiny little ponystubs.

And then of course there's shampoo's and conditioners, but I'm trying to use up what I have right now...

HappyHair87
April 8th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I LOVE a good conditioner!!! Love!! If i could i would buy 5 liter sized bottles of Oyin Honey hemp and a heap of Curl Junkie conditioners!!!

Maelyssa
April 8th, 2012, 07:40 PM
My favs are conditioners, leave in prices including oils and hair forks & sticks. My least favorite is shampoo....has become the bane of my existence these days.