PDA

View Full Version : The Coarse Hair Thread

nobeltonya
April 5th, 2012, 05:04 PM
My apologies in advance if there already is one.. I tried searching, and didn't find one. What do you do with your coarse hair? I only recently realized just how coarse my hair is.. I always assumed it was medium, just dry and frizzy. But now that I've finally figured out what it likes, it cooperates much more. :) My hair likes relatively hot [not boiling hot] water, it takes forever to rinse out shampoo and conditioner [even though I've seen it recommended to not rinse for more than like 60 seconds?]. My hair loves to be oiled nightly, washed daily, combed wet [really the only way I dare comb it], if I play with it too much or put it up in too many updos, it becomes flat and limp..

Amber_Maiden
April 6th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I have coarse hair. It like hot water as well. It also gets dry very easily, so I use tons of conditioner- and I mean TONS. I also use TONS of oil... about 2 tablespoons after a wash, and then about a tablespoon a day, each day, until my next wash. I use a Tangle Teezer when it's dry or slightly still damp.

brave
April 6th, 2012, 07:53 AM
How can you tell if your hair is coarse or not? I have the hardest time figuring out if my hair is thick or if the strands are coarse or somewhere in the middle. Since it's red hair I suspect coarse. Sometimes I feel like the strains are very "wirey" -- I take out a ponytail or bun and the hair will NOT fall down completely, even though I have enough weight. Hairdressers described my hair as "very heavy" but that's not really helpful.

So how did you know you had coarse hair, and what do you do to make it happy?