PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried these hair ties?

buttercupmcgee
April 5th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I'm intrigued---especially the part about holding up heavy hair effortlessly. I must admit I do like to wear the occasional pony tail. (forgive me, LHC!;))

http://jezebel.com/5898958/elastics-for-when-youre-finally-resigned-to-ponytails

lapushka
April 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Aren't these like the tiny braid elastics, only they seem bigger?

Bunnysaur
April 5th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I have the clear ones. I'm just past SL so I can't attest to them holding up heavy hair, but they don't snag, they don't pull or anything and they're not uncomfortable. Yes, they look incredibly tiny when you first get them out of the box (I thought about returning them, they don't look capable of holding up anyone's hair) but I'm so glad I didn't! They are fantastic, and for $3, you can't beat 'em.

sfgirl
April 5th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Huh. For some reason the little clear ones actually pull out more hair. :/ AT least on me. I only use them for when I need a small braid or something.

XcaliburGirl
April 5th, 2012, 01:46 PM
They look similar to Blax elastics. I like the Blax. They only take 2 loops around and actually pull less than a scrunchie that goes 3 loops around.

Carolyn
April 5th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Interesting. I might have to give them a try. I need something extra for when I want to wear a ponytail using Flexi 8. Any size Flexi slides right out of my hair unless I am using it to secure a bun.

melusine963
April 5th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I got some similar elastics (different brand, but they look the same) a week or so ago, and I'm not sure if I like them or not. They're very handy for securing hair discreetly while creating updos, but the elastics seem to get tighter and tighter the longer they are left in. I haven't noticed any actual damage (although it's early days yet), but I'm not sure it's good for my hair to drag the elastics out, no matter how carefully I do it. So far I'm only using them to secure the very ends of braids if I can help it. That way if there is damage, at least it won't be too hard to trim off.

joflakes
April 5th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I have similar and love them!