PDA

View Full Version : No heat, no trim mission

FireFlies55
April 4th, 2012, 08:49 PM
So, I thought about joining one of the no trim/no heat groups that lists like a year as the goal, and then I realized:

Just a 7 months back, I was heat styling everyday, and trimming every two to three months (what a short crop-cut trains you to do). I am also the kind of person who doesn't like white chocolate, but when someone says, "That's it! You cannot have white chocolate," I instantaneously crave white chocolate -- if that makes sense. I was thinking, maybe start out slow, and do a no-heat, no-trim challenge for five months (remainder of April through the end of the summer).

Is 5 months a stupid amount of time for this kind of challenge, even when trying to start slow? Is anyone with me for the next five months (maybe more if I can stand it)? :)

Littlewing13
April 4th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Yeah I totally hear ya. It gets easier though. I havent trimmed since xmas & havent used heat more than once a month since october. Huge improvement in growth (obviously).

You think of alternative ways to wear your hair other than straight. & straight after heat styling every day your hair will feel like straw. Experiment with oils & conditioners. Try an smt. Treat you hair like antique lace, then put it up & forget about it. In a few months it will bounce back & be silky again & you'll realise you didnt even need to cut it.