PDA

View Full Version : Going to Color

TwilightBloom
April 4th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone, I have decided to color my hair. I did do henna(from hennahut), but my grays have come back and the henna has faded. I have toy'd with the idea of going gray and just leaving it, but after all this time, i have decided that i want to be all brunette for as long as i can. At the stylist here, they have an ammonia free hair color, and I am gonna let her color my hair.. I am going to try to stay as close to my true hair color as possible. I have struggled with this, and had there not been an alternative to the harsh ammonia based colors I probably would have put the henna back in, but it takes more time and effort than i want to give to do the henna. I am only 34 and not ready for the looks that i get with the grays. I know a lot of ladies/men on here are younger and are embracing there grays, but i just cannot. I guess im just looking for a little support, Thanks for listening:cheese:

afu
April 4th, 2012, 05:24 PM
im the opposite of you, i can't wait to go grey - i love it! unfortunatly by parents are both in their late 40's with no grey so i prob have a while to wait.

I hope you are happy with the result, when are you going to go for it? my advice would just be to be extra intensive with your hair care and deep treatments before and straight after colouring. When i have my highlights done i use a deep treatment the day before, apply coconut oil on the day so its on the hair when its being coloured and then i don't let the stylist dry my hair after washing off the bleach (in your case, the colour), i go straight home, stick another intensive treatment mixed with more coconut oil on my hair and leave for at least a few hours :) good luck