PDA

View Full Version : Gentle clarifier

atlantaz3
July 24th, 2008, 07:23 PM
I'm headed for a trim in about two weeks so in the mean time I am doing a few extra smt etc. I want to do a clarifying treatment this weekend and am looking for suggestions.
But not baking soda please - the one time I tried it, I totally dried out my hair- I probably didn't follow the directions correctly!
Will a good vinegar rinse clarify? I don't think I have too much build up - not a product user at all - no goop, no hairspray. And if so what percentage vinegar to water?
And as a last note I do have the aveda clarifying shampoo, but I'm not to partial to the pine tar smell not to mention it takes forever to get all the suds out with that stuff! (is that how it clarifies?)
Thanks in advance for the suggestions

Kirin
July 24th, 2008, 07:39 PM
vinegar itself won't clarify, it just closes the hair shaft down smoothing the hair.

I would try a clarifying shampoo, such as you already have or something more pleasant smelling (and cheap) like v05 or suave. You can water down and dillute the shampoo, 50/50 with water or even more depending on how sudsy it is. It will still clean very well, and be much easier to rinse out.