PDA

View Full Version : Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition now has cones? So now what?

my2cats1
April 3rd, 2012, 05:49 PM
I was just getting into an effective cone-free regime -- thanks to my new friend mineral oil -- when I discovered that the new formula of the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition conditioner has cones. Hmmmm. So now what? Has anybody found a substitute in that same price range?

Ashenputtel
April 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
You can try ordering it from amazone and ask the seller if they stillhave the old version in stock...

Maelyssa
April 3rd, 2012, 09:11 PM
I just checked the local stores today and absolutely none of them have the formula containing cones.

Anywhere
April 3rd, 2012, 09:47 PM
I believe it now has amodimethicone in it, according to naturally curly. My bottle I bought in Feb. is cone-free. I'll miss it once I use it up. Maybe us GFTN lovers should all complain about the change. :p

turtlelover
April 3rd, 2012, 09:53 PM
The last bottle I bought didn't have cones. I believe that was in early March. Hmmm.....

XcaliburGirl
April 4th, 2012, 06:24 AM
My current bottle does not have 'cones, but when I went to buy more, the bottles at the store had amodimethicone.

They have a new line called "Pure Clean" that is silicone-free. I guess that is worth a try.

I'm going to try the conditioner that matches my shampoo first, though. I'd been meaning to try it, but I didn't want to give up my GFTN.

XcaliburGirl
April 4th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Here's the contact link. They want your address and date of birth, which seems a little much to me. I'm not sure if I care enough about it to put myself on their advertising list.

http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/services/contacts.aspx

Silver Strands
April 4th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Wal-Mart only had the new version and so I checked out a Rite Aid.
They had 8 large bottles of the old formula on the shelf with what I thought
was a sign saying 50% off.
So, I of course grabbed all 8 bottles.
Well, it was buy 1 at the regular price of $7.49 and get the second bottle half off.

Anyway, DH laughed at me spending over $47.00 on conditioner.
He said, "What's your wife's addiction- alcohol, drugs? No, she spends all her money
on shampoo & conditioner. hahaha! I luvs him so.

There is a code on the back bottom of the bottle and apparently I got 1 that
was made in 2009! It even had NEW on the front label so I better use it first.
(Isn't that sickening-it was new in 2009 and they're already going cheap on the
formula).
The others were: 3 of them made in 2010 and 4 of them made in 2011.
They have the codes on their site.
They said they stay good for at least 3 years.

Check out those drug stores. They may still have some on the shelves.
Oh, and when I told the cashier that they changed the formula, she said, "Don't you hate that?!"
Yes, I do.
I am so sick of companies changing perfectly good items.

Sparkette
April 4th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Ran into the new formula two days ago when I was hoping to get conditioner on sale. I saw the new style bottle and checked. There it was :blueeek: amodimethicone !!! I quickly went to another store and stocked up on the old stuff.
I also got Garnier's new pure clean conditioner. Beware of this one. It's 'cone free but left my hair feeling dry and slightly coated, not to mention it had a really strong scent to it which did not go away until I washed my hair again. It may be alright for some, but it is nothing like the old Triple Nutrition. I think I might get better results from Suave with some oil added.

PS: I wrote Garnier an email asking them to go back to their old formula. I am hoping that they will, but I think that it will take an awful a lot of us complaining (and buying other brands products) to get them to change their minds.

XcaliburGirl
April 4th, 2012, 03:37 PM
That's too bad about Pure Clean. I would forgive them the change in ingredients if they had a good new product to replace it.

Silver Strands
April 4th, 2012, 04:10 PM
I tried the pure clean right after it came out.
Maybe it's my water but my hair smelled like a dirty dog after using it.
Plus, it felt very dry and coated at the same time.
I returned it.

lastnite
April 4th, 2012, 04:21 PM
noooooooooooo I didn't use it that much but it was nice when I wanted a richer, thicker cone free conditioner. usually used it for henna glosses.

Silver Strands
April 4th, 2012, 04:23 PM
The only other line I liked was the Long and Strong.
It had a cone in the conditioner but further down the list of ingredients.
I'm sure they're changing that as we speak if they haven't already. :rolleyes:

Anywhere
April 4th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I sent them an email about it. I sent Suave one when I got a solid chunk of conditioner once, they also wanted my DOB and address. I never got bombarded with things from them, so I would imagine Garnier would be the same.

WaterMusic
April 4th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I have a bottle of GFTN (cone free formula) and one of the Pure Clean as well. I'm not super thrilled with either, although the Pure Clean is worse because it always leaves my hair feeling waxy. I'm just trying to use both of them up.

my2cats1
April 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Here's the contact link. They want your address and date of birth, which seems a little much to me. I'm not sure if I care enough about it to put myself on their advertising list.

http://www.garnierusa.com/_en/_us/services/contacts.aspx

Thanks -- I just used the contact form to complain about the new formula. Why mess with a good thing?

I wonder how many customers have to complain before the company notices?

lastnite
April 5th, 2012, 12:18 AM
I emailed them too. I'm still surprised they changed it, I thought this conditioner was popular enough that the company knew to leave it alone.

I'm looking for an alternative and remember Tressme naturals is cone free, so I may try that. Are there any other Tresseme conditioners that are cone free?

Mina17
April 5th, 2012, 04:11 AM
I am just as appalled at this as everyone else is:mad:! I don't understand why they would want to do this. I have bought their Sleek and Shine conditioner and unless they've messed with that one too (which wouldn't surprise me!) I found it to be a pretty good substitute for Triple Nutrition.

HintOfMint
April 5th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I'm pretty bummed about this. A protein free and cone free conditioner that actually was more amazing than any other conditioner I've tried!

Tresemme Naturals has a protein and cone-free conditioner. I've only tried one of them with aloe in it and it wasn't THAT great (my hair hates aloe) but it wasn't bad, and not nearly as bad as Pure Clean (what a joke of a name). Apparently now they have a whole line of silicone free (and as far as I can tell, protein free) conditioners. Maybe that's worth checking out as a substitute.

Ashenputtel
April 5th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I just bought 3 regular and one big bottle extra, I should be ok for about 6 months, where I live there' still plenty of the old formula. I feel crazy buying so many back ups.

katsrevenge
April 5th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I sent the buggers an email a while back...

They responded with one line, no 'dear customer' or anything and said that the formula hadn't changed.

Liars. At the time I had the old bottle and a new bottle to compare.

Aveyronnaise
April 6th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I haven't noticed that it has changed over here -hm
Grrrr I am so irritated . We don't have a ton of conefree choices over here that are affordable.
I would have likely bought this stuff forever if they will keep the formula the same.

virgo75
April 6th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I used to use Garnier, but stopped using it faithfully when I noticed that they change their formulas just about every year. They're always "tweaking" something - namely changing ingredients and adding or discontinuing lines/products. :rolleyes:

I don't think they listen to the emails because I'm sure they've received numerous emails and phone calls over the years about their changes but they keep on doing it. :shake:

lippleyluv
April 6th, 2012, 08:51 AM
I used to use Garnier, but stopped using it faithfully when I noticed that they change their formulas just about every year. They're always "tweaking" something - namely changing ingredients and adding or discontinuing lines/products. :rolleyes:

I don't think they listen to the emails because I'm sure they've received numerous emails and phone calls over the years about their changes but they keep on doing it. :shake:

Well one thing is for sure, their tweaking has lost them one loyal customer. Me.

pepperminttea
April 6th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Well one thing is for sure, their tweaking has lost them one loyal customer. Me.

And me. The new version apparently has isopropyl alcohol in, too? Whose idea was that, exactly? :mad:

lapushka
April 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Meh. If they're going to go the cone-route, I might as well use *any* other, cheaper, cone conditioner. There goes another loyal customer.

Kosmos
April 6th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I sent an email complaint about the formula change as well. (And has anybody else noticed the scent on the new conditioner has changed?!)

I put a false street address: 1234 not a real st.
So that I wouldn't get mailings and also requested in the commentary box not to send me emails or mailings.

(Then again they'd be hard pressed to find me on 1234 not a real st.)

xoxophelia
April 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM
You guys could try Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa Conditioner... if you have a Trader Joe's around. It is in the $2 range. It is cone free and gives pretty good slip (actually I think more slip than GFTN to be honest) with a light natural scent that dissipates. It is very refreshing smelling and perhaps slightly less strong than GFTN. The shampoo is also sulfate free and I am pleased with it. There are reviews of both in the articles section but for some reason I can't get them to load.

I think if you added two drops of olive oil to it you could probably get a similar effect to GFTN at least in my hair.

cheetahfast
April 6th, 2012, 02:13 PM
I checked the ones at work today and they're cone-free. :shrug: Maybe we didn't get the new ones in yet since ours are sent from our warehouse, not directly from garnier.

gossamer
April 6th, 2012, 02:34 PM
It's on sale this week at Walgreens, so I picked up 4 bottles of the old formula. That ought to last me a while.

xoxophelia, I've been meaning to try the Nourishing Spa conditioner for a while - and then had it recommended to me twice today! Thanks, I'll make sure to pick up a bottle next time I'm there.

Ashenputtel
April 6th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I still ok here, I bought five big bottle of 750ml they were on sale at 5$ each, but I checked the sleek and shine and it is already changed.

They've also changed for the better their sleek and shine coney serum wich is awesome.But I guess that most people in this thread don't use cone. I do but only in leave in to avoid buildup.

styric
April 6th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I saw both bottles.

The one for 'dry' hair, is cone free. The one for 'VERY dry hair' has cones..

They were sat side by side at the drugstore :)

ladycaladium
April 6th, 2012, 09:21 PM
The bottle I have (recently purchase in the last 3 weeks or so) is cone free. Also, I have the pure clean conditioner and tried it tonight. Seems fine so far. Not super moisturizing but not drying and not waxy feeling...I've only used that one once though.

lippleyluv
April 6th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I didn't have time to mention it this morning but I sent them a polite complaint email today. I figure that if we don't tell them why we are jumping ship then they may not be able to figure out what the problem is. Who knows, maybe if enough people complain... miracles....

AcornMystic
April 7th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Well that is pretty darn disappointing... Here I had this regimen all planned out how I was going to use baby shampoo and argan oil leave-in as my conditioner and then when my hair gets long enough that I am burning through oil too quickly I was going to use the GFTN for the length and continue using the argan on my ends. Finally took the leap to buy the stuff in the last month because of people on here and procrastination in getting my Alba Botanicals from the health food store and now it's changed. Well, I'm going to have that bottle for a long while (won't start using it until my hair is about APL I think) so I guess I have time to look for a replacement, but dang... that was the only condish that was cone free that wasn't 8 bucks at a department store... I may as well have been looking at salon products or just go back to my Alba Botanicals which was about the cost of the cheaper salon brands they just contained no SLS or cones... Another let down... *sigh*

lastnite
April 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I saw both bottles.

The one for 'dry' hair, is cone free. The one for 'VERY dry hair' has cones..

They were sat side by side at the drugstore :)

I took a quick look while in the grocery store and seen the 2 different kinds... they just had the shampoo for the very dry hair, but I didn't see cones on the dry hair conditioner (I was looking quickly though). Maybe there are 2 formulas now?

Silver Strands
April 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I sent an e-mail and got a cookie cutter response:
Thank-you for contacting us...we are always looking for ways to improve our products...we will share your concerns.... blah, blah, blah.

They just change things whenever and whatever way they want.
They figure even if they lose a few thousand there are tens of thousands still
using their products so boo hoo for us.

Copasetic
April 8th, 2012, 11:50 AM
This is disappointing news. I don't think the new coney version has arrived where I live yet. I just bought a bottle two days ago, and it is cone free. I guess I better buy a few more before they are no longer available.

The Garnier pure clean line is good, but it's not the same at Triple Nutrition, IMO.

mrs_coffee
April 8th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Urgh. The last time I was at Target I checked and there were no cones. I should have bought every bottle they had because last night I went to buy some and there was amodimethicone on the ingredients list. Boo! I sent them an email but I doubt they care very much.

I bought some Loreal EverPure and like it well enough, but it's kind of pricey for a drug store product.

julya
April 10th, 2012, 04:13 PM
I have been meaning to try this stuff for months, and this thread prompted me to go out looking for some of the old version. I was able to track down two bottles of the old version at walgreens, and a bunch at rite-aid. Not in my hometown, but luckily I went on a road trip last week so I was able to stop at the stores I saw along the freeway. :)

I tried it at one of the hotels I stayed at and it seems great for CO washing. I predict I will be able to use up the bottles easily!

MagicAndMayhem
April 16th, 2012, 05:44 PM
This SUCKS. Revlon Flex worked amazingly but now that's gone. I was fine with using V05 for a while but then found out it had DMDM hydantoin in it. So I got a bottle of cone-free GFTN at Walgreens. Walmart only has the stuff with cones. Sigh. Every time I find something I love, it never lasts.

mrs_coffee
April 17th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Sigh. Every time I find something I love, it never lasts.

Me too. Anytime I find a product that I really love Brent says, "You'd better stock up 'cause you know that they're going to discontinue it now." http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/tackyblueeyeshadow/Smileys/giggle.gif

Corrina777
April 17th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Renpure Organics recently came out with two new formulas- Brazilin Kreatin and Argan Oil (the Argan Oil formula is protein free if that's a concern). Both have great slip. They do contain one water-soluble cone.

lastnite
April 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Renpure Organics recently came out with two new formulas- Brazilin Kreatin and Argan Oil (the Argan Oil formula is protein free if that's a concern). Both have great slip. They do contain one water-soluble cone.

I'll have to try them.. I tried their moisturizing line once and it was pretty good.

just curious... is this the same company as Organix? they came out similar lines.

WickedWurlys
April 21st, 2012, 12:41 AM
I wrote them an email and actually posted it on their facebook page (too funny), and of course it was removed within the hour. Hee hee

Well worth it though. I know a ton of others on nc.com have as well, so maybe they will do an old and a new, hopefully.

Kosmos
May 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I wrote them an email and actually posted it on their facebook page (too funny), and of course it was removed within the hour. Hee hee

Well worth it though. I know a ton of others on nc.com have as well, so maybe they will do an old and a new, hopefully.

I wrote them an email complaint about a month ago and they still haven't replied. It doesn't surprise me that they deleted it off their facebook page.

WickedWurlys
May 10th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I wrote them an email complaint about a month ago and they still haven't replied. It doesn't surprise me that they deleted it off their facebook page.

Good for you writing them :). I know tons of others that have as well, so I think due to the volume of complaints, they will either change it back, or add the old one back into their line. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It's just so hard to find a heavier, cheap & cone free condish out there!

lastnite
September 21st, 2012, 11:20 PM
has the formula changed back? I'm looking at the ingredients online and I don't see cones listed in it anymore... or is this old news?

bunnylake
September 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
I'll have to try them.. I tried their moisturizing line once and it was pretty good.

just curious... is this the same company as Organix? they came out similar lines.

I don't think it is the same company as Organix. I tried the Renpure Argan and it smells so good. I didn't try it for co-washing though, maybe I will now!
I wasn't crazy about the shampoo though, seems my hair does better without shampoo at all really. So I've been using the shampoo as a body wash and I actually wanna buy it again because it smells so good and makes my skin super soft, teehee

gthlvrmx
September 23rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
yeah, have they changed it back? i checked online, its a new look for the bottle, but the ingredients are the same as the original. i need to check at the store

CurlyCap
September 23rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Ew.

The store didn't have ANY of my normal conditioners so I tried the new formula figuring it couldn't be that different.

The silicones in the new formulation were so thick I ended up shampooing my hair to get the feeling out (co-washing wouldn't do it). Now I have a bottle that I don't know what I'm going to do with.

11eleven
September 23rd, 2012, 09:17 PM
If you won't use the bottle you bought then donate it to a homeless shelter. They could use it there!

Robot Ninja
August 25th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Either they changed it back at some point then changed it again or the new formula has finally come to Canada but the bottle I just bought has amodimethicone in it. My hair is all flat now, the new formula is too thick, and I hate hate hate how it smells, and the new smell lingers. The old formula wasn't 100% perfect but it was the best conditioner I've used. I'm not super-anti-cones, but the flat hair just doesn't look good, and I don't want stinky hair. Now I get to go looking for a new conditioner, yay. (I've tried two of the Tresseme Naturals formulas, with terrible results. Although I hear they have changed the formulas...maybe the new ones will be okay?) I don't want to go looking for a new conditioner, I liked my old conditioner, CURSE YOU GARNIER!!! :rant:

Ashenputtel
August 25th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I have about 10 bottles of the old formula. I went a bit crazy when I heard about the reformulation

Firefox7275
August 25th, 2013, 01:15 PM
It's not the silicones in the new formula that is the problem, it is the cetyl esters - a wax. I had a nightmare with it, horrible build up.

young&reckless
August 25th, 2013, 05:18 PM
My newest bottle has dimericone in it! Boo! No wonder my hair dried out.

massivecnqstdr
August 25th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I never used Triple Nutrition, but I want to pop in and add to the existing warnings against Pure Clean. It is crap. I was so excited to try it, but it was a fail. I disagree that it left my hair smelly, but it looked more dull than I've ever seen it. I think it might be all the corn starch? My hair felt dirtier after using it than it did before.

MeganE
August 26th, 2013, 05:26 AM
I have about 10 bottles of the old formula. I went a bit crazy when I heard about the reformulation

Have you checked them lately? I did the same, and my bottles started to turn. :( Once the scent becomes rancid, I found it dried my hair out.

Ashenputtel
August 26th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Have you checked them lately? I did the same, and my bottles started to turn. :( Once the scent becomes rancid, I found it dried my hair out.

I brought two big one in Belgium with me, the rest are still in Canada, they might be rancid by the time I go visit my family. Especially that I now only use conditioner wen I travel. If anybody who lives around Antwerp wants one of them I can give it to you.