PDA

View Full Version : Thinning on top?

FamBam
April 3rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry if there has been a similar post, but I was just curious to know, since we're all growing our hair and as it gets longer, it usually gets heavier, do you find that this excess weight tends to 'pull' on your roots and make your scalp more visible from the top etc. as it thins out? Also if anyone knows any updo's that put the least stress on scalps, I would be tres grateful :)
thanks!

Madora
April 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry if there has been a similar post, but I was just curious to know, since we're all growing our hair and as it gets longer, it usually gets heavier, do you find that this excess weight tends to 'pull' on your roots and make your scalp more visible from the top etc. as it thins out? Also if anyone knows any updo's that put the least stress on scalps, I would be tres grateful :)
thanks!

No, I never found that longer hair exerted more "pull" on my roots nor made my scalp more visible from the top.

For less stress on the scalp, I'd suggest that you section your hair when doing updos.

Sectioning can be done several ways, but I find the following the easiest to use:

1) detangle hair gently

2) make a horizontal part from the top of one ear and continue around the back of the head to the top of the other ear.

3) Take all the hair above the part, comb it out gently, then braid it loosely and secure with a hair friendly band.

4) Coil the braid in a bun, pinning with crimped hairpins as you go. Tuck in the tassle under the bun

5) Take remaining hair, comb it out, then make a loose braid.

6) Take the braid and wind it around the bun already made. Tuck in the tassle.

Depending on hair length, this sectioning idea can be done with cinnabuns, rope braids, or twisted strands

You can also use the sectioned method to create the Cameo Bun.

I've always felt my hair benefited from using the section method, rather than putting everything in one ginormous bun (or what have you). It certainly was a LOT more comfortable to wear.

kahuna
April 3rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
i would try rubbing on some castor oil