PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else increased their goal since joining the forum?

cutiepie11
April 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
When I first joined I was only looking to grow my hair to APL but I've became a bit obsessed and I've been on here everyday just looking at the forum for hours and now I've increased my goal to waist! I literally can't stop thinking about my hair now... it's driving me crazy! but I have to say that you're all very sweet and encouraging and this is probably the nicest forum I've ever been on :inlove: anyway, i'm going to watch the vampire diaries to take my mind off my hair! even though every time i watch it i just gush over nina dobrev's hair :lol:

molly_grue
April 3rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
yeah when I first joined my goal was waist, now it's hip or "however long I can grow it before it starts to drive me crazy."

Mountaingrrl
April 3rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Yep. Mine was BSL originally, then it changed to waist. Now that I'm getting close to waist, I'm thinking about hip.

kallarina
April 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
I changed my goal twice before joining... I started at shoulder, and wanted to grow to mid back. Then I wanted waist. Then I wanted lower back...
After joining, I decided I wanted tailbone, and just recently, decided I want to go for classic!
Apparently, I just can't make up my mind. :p

PixieKitten
April 3rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Yup! I've gone from waist to tailbone! I've never had it that long before so I'm really excited to see what it's like! =D I don't think I'd want it any longer than that though because I really don't want to start sitting on it :/

Tia2010
April 3rd, 2012, 12:19 PM
Yep :D

I started out thinking waist but quickly moved my goal to hip then tailbone. I can't see me going any farther than that, but never say never ;)

XcaliburGirl
April 3rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
My goal has been all over the place! I'm sticking with waist for now, just so I don't drive myself crazy. I'm secretly thinking about knee length, though.

bluebird77
April 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Pre-LHC I wanted about waist, now my goal is at least TB and I'll see how it looks, decide whether to go further if and when I get there.

Seeshami
April 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Mine was MBL then it changed to a weird place between that and Hip and now I will probably not think about maintaining till classic. I am almost to my goal of being able to put my hair in an infinity bun and not have my layers wreak havoc and the bun fall out. It can last for 10 minutes now instead of seconds!

ravenheather
April 3rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Yes. Me too. I started off wanting waist length hair. Then I thought why not tailbone, as that's as long as I could grow without having to worry about sitting on it. Now I'm thinking about terminal. Why not see how long it will grow? I don't know if I could handle kneelength hair, but I also don't know if my hair will grow to knee. It'd be nice to know what it's capable of with good care.

jeanniet
April 3rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
Lol, I think most of us have! Mine was originally waist, and now it's tailbone, although I may end up trying for classic. I doubt I'll go farther than that. What I found along the way is that my hair is too thick to do many updos unless it's longer, so I keep extending my goal length hoping that I'll eventually be able to do most of the buns.

rock007junkie
April 3rd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Oh absolutely! Before joining my ultimate goal was waist. Now I think of waist as my first goal. I'm leaning more towards classic now.

HintOfMint
April 3rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Originally hip, now tailbone and flirting with the idea of classic. Once I get to tailbone, I'm going to keep up my twice yearly small trims until it gets to a length I don't like. If I reach classic and I still like it, great, if not, no big deal.

afu
April 3rd, 2012, 01:26 PM
when i first joined my goal was simply to get my hair in better condition, and extra length was a bonus. my hair is wavy/curly so hovers just below bsl normally, now id quite like to get to waist (possibly hip) but doubt i'll go any further

millyaulait
April 3rd, 2012, 01:37 PM
At first I had my goal set to BSL.

After a few months I became besotted by WL.

Now, after even longer, I think I might change it to TBL. LOL :D

I'm not even at BSL yet & already want it longer any longer...!

blondie9912
April 3rd, 2012, 02:12 PM
My original goal was waist. and it still is. I have a relatively low waist, however, so my hair will be almost hip length when I reach it.

skaempfer
April 3rd, 2012, 02:18 PM
I refuse to increase my goal before I've actually reached it, but I'm secretly thinking of going terminal just to see how long it gets... Shhhh. Don't tell anybody... :D

Laylah
April 3rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Well I was going to stop at TBL and I did; I maintained tailbone for almost a year but now I think I want a change, so fingertip it is!

IndigoOptimist
April 3rd, 2012, 02:28 PM
I always just wanted 'long hair'.... I guess that was about BSL and I never thought about anything longer. Now my goal is just as long as I can get it before I get bored and chop it all off into a pixie. Which will probably be in a gooood few years time, I want hair like I had as a kid. When I could sit on it xD

kitschy
April 3rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
I thought I wanted WL, but now I want TBL or beyond...we shall see. ;)

melusine963
April 3rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure. My goal is still tailbone length, but I'm not ruling anything out. Maybe I'll hit TL and just keep going until it's impractical (whatever length that may end up being).

PixxieStix
April 3rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
My goal moved from waist to hip in less than a day of being here, and now it is firmly at tailbone! I won't know until I reach that if I want my hair any longer, because at the moment the idea of hair long enough to sit on just doesn't make me happy, but hair brushing my tailbone when sitting down does. I secretly fear reaching a point where "just a little longer" will always be what I want!

Pinkster8
April 3rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
I did! When I first joined I didn't think I'd want to go any longer than waist. However, hip or tailbone look pretty tempting... Who knows, maybe I'll end up wanting to go to terminal!

rocket_surgeon
April 3rd, 2012, 03:17 PM
I've increased mine from waist length to hip length, but I could see myself increasing it further once I get to hip. I'm pretty sure that increasing your goal length is one of the consequences of posting on the forum. :P

jaquelines
April 3rd, 2012, 03:27 PM
yes, because I discovered scalp massaging, indian oils and supplements.

Mommyof4
April 3rd, 2012, 03:31 PM
Yep :) Mine was Waist length.. but after seeing all the glorious hair around here, I want thigh... at least ;) I found out the other day that my G G Grandma had hair so long that when she was 96, her hair had to be braided and held up in her arms, because it was so long that people stepped on it :D It gave me hope for a long terminal length! (her hair was too heavy for an updo.. she told her children.. too bad she didnt have LHC to learn some that would have worked!)

arcane
April 3rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
Mine is still waist however I've toyed with letting it closer to hip but I don't want it right at hip length (that was the length I had as a child and it was a bit to hard to keep nice looking).

Amber_Maiden
April 3rd, 2012, 03:40 PM
Yep. I think mine was originally hip, and now it's classic... or fingertip!

ladylowtide
April 3rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
When I first joined I was so excited I thought I should aim for Classic length. But that was when I didn't even think that was even possible. I started APL and now four months later at BSL, realizing I can actually grow my hair long, I know for sure I am not cutting or trimming until tailbone, and I don't think I'll ever want it shorter than that once I get there.
Now if I can become proficient at updos, and a variety of hairstyles, and I can keep doing once weekly washes. I can definitely see the possibility of classic. Though there is a part of me that still dreams of knee!

alexandros22
April 3rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
My starting goal was WL but for a while now I've been thinking of changing it to Hip. The only thing that kept me from changing it is that I want my goal to be realistic. Now I think I'm sure! From today my new goal is hip lenght when stretched!

Miss Catrina
April 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
I was thinking classic but now I'm eyeing knee.

joesgirl2011
April 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM
Yes i was hoping for bra strap..now I want waist.

Diesel Tech
April 3rd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Yep, when I joined I didn't really have a goal, then I changed to just below my shoulder blades, which I've reached, now waist maybe?

muppetcrayz
April 3rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
lol when i joined my goal was waist and then suddenly it was hip and now suddenly it's classic
what is going on here

chrissy-b
April 3rd, 2012, 08:39 PM
Mine was originally BSL, then waist, then hip. When I got to hip I didn't like it and it wasn't healthy, so I slowly cut it all off. Now I'm only shooting for APL because that was the length that I think my hair was the easiest to take care of and the healthiest.

annamoonfairy
April 3rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Yes - from classic to knee lol

Maelyssa
April 3rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
Absolutely! My original goal used to be hip and since joining LHC its become classic.

auroraclio
April 3rd, 2012, 08:50 PM
Yup when I first joined I was aiming for BSL, now i'm really hoping for waist....

darklyndsea
April 3rd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Sort of? I initially joined to learn how to do hairstyles for when my hair passes classic and gets to the stage where I want to kill it every time I have to go to the bathroom, with no thought to how long I wanted to grow it. Now? Terminal or slightly above floor in the shower, whichever comes first.

turtlelover
April 3rd, 2012, 10:55 PM
I started out thinking I would be THRILLED to get my hair back to shoulder length. Then, my official goal was APL. Now, I've changed it to BSL, but a part of me would LOVE to go for waist length again, though with gray coming in, I'm not entirely sure how well that would go, and I don't want to be overwhelmed by trying to keep it healthy.

Silverbrumby
April 3rd, 2012, 11:15 PM
I was BSL. I'm still BSL, at least until I reach it with healthy, good looking hair.

Debra83
April 3rd, 2012, 11:34 PM
Mine was waist....I'm still aiming for waist, but toying with the idea of hip. We'll see. I'm finding it very difficult to get to waist!!!

bubblyredhead
April 3rd, 2012, 11:55 PM
My goal was waist and I am at it but I have decided to get rid of my layers and have been trimming off bit by bit but my goal is between hip and bcl.

auburntressed
April 4th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Sort of yes, and sort of no.

I didn't have any length goal in mind when joining. I just wanted to read about different hair stuff to give me ideas to try on the hair I've already got - which is quite long by ordinary standards but not by LHC standards. It's pretty much in the hip to tailbone range consistently, depending on trims or over-trims. Occasionally as short as waist, if a stylist REALLY messes up (have since quit getting help trimming my hair period - doing it all myself now). And I wanted to see if there were tips I could pick up to help thicken my taper, which is the one thing about my hair that has consistently upset me throughout my life.

Now, I think I would really like to grow my hair to classic if I can coax it that long. I still feel that thickening my taper is the more important of the two, but I like the terminology "classic." I want to be able to say, "I have classic length hair!" Or just, "I have classic hair!" And I like the look of classic length hair. Also, I think Classic is what I will need to have in order to achieve the following things - which have been my "goals" in the back of my mind for most of my life:

Be able to do a single English braid down the back and then wrap that same braid all the way around my head until the tassel meets the base of it.

Have my braid tassel touch or lay in my lap when I am sitting at my desk.

When sitting on the floor with my legs tucked up under me, have the tips of my hair brush my toes.

It's been frustrating to me over the years to not be able to do these things! It's only after being around here that I figure classic length is about what I'll need to pull these off. So now it's my goal.

joflakes
April 4th, 2012, 01:07 AM
I originally joined to try and get tips on how to make my pixie cut grow out faster. I was always kinda hoping for SL again, but now I'd love BSL. =)

Masara
April 4th, 2012, 01:15 AM
My first goal was shoulder length. I just wanted hair that would move, after more than 10 years with a pixie. Having got to shoulder, my goal moved to waist as the longest my hair had been before. Now my goal is classic with an even hemline. Classic is a couple of months away, the even hemline will take a couple of years...

Jing
April 4th, 2012, 01:53 AM
I didn't really have a goal before I joined. I was just letting my hair grow aimlessly. :p Hip length is looking more and more appealing as time goes by, though. I might decide to keep going when I reach waist after all.

Guenever
April 4th, 2012, 02:02 AM
Not really :)
I'm a big fan of medieval fairs and always wanted finger-tip length hair to fit my green linnen dress.. so my 50" goal hasn't changed..

But after a long break, January 2012 marks the beginning of my second time around trying to get there.......... Grow, hair. Grow!

EmmaAlex
April 4th, 2012, 02:15 AM
I've only been here for a couple of weeks and already changed it. I was aiming for BSL, but I can't get over the amount of gorgeous waist-hip lengthers there are.
Kinda hoping I won't change it again or I'll forever be hoping for more length, and never actually reach a goal.

Mannaz
April 4th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Waist was my original goal, just because I'd never had hair that long and didn't even know if I'd make it that far... Well, I did and without even blinking I changed my goal to hip, or maybe lower back would be correct term.

What I didn't realize are all the other goals I've semi-secretely posed on my hair! Thicken the hemline! Get those curly underlayer hairs to grow! Get my dread fatter!

So yeah, I'm not running out of goals for a while...

Bagginslover
April 4th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Sort of. I origionally assumed waist length was longer, so I'm actually shutting for hip length, but my immediate goal is still waist (actual waist, not my made up one!). I like smaller milestones, so it works better for me this way.

I'm thinking of growing to tailbone eventually, but I'll be trimming out layers between waist and hip, so it'll take a while ;)

Nedertane
April 4th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Guilty. Sort of. I originally wanted to get to waist, but I'm about an inch away, and it doesn't feel that long, so I want a few inches past, or perhaps even to hip. We shall see, I suppose.

aggie_deirde
April 4th, 2012, 06:39 AM
All of us,after seeing some great heads of hair,are inspired to grow as long as we can

Venefica
April 4th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Well not so much due to the forum I think, but yes my length goal have increased as my hair got longer. When I first started out I was thinking that mid back length that would be nice, and when I do that I wanted tail bone, and when I got to tail bone I decided I wanted classic and now that I am at classic I want to grow my hair to mid thigh or perhaps even knee.

Ishje
April 4th, 2012, 06:46 AM
no, I wanted to be knee length before I joined the LHC, but, because I am not sure if I will be able to get there my goal is now Classic, so I won't be disappointed :)
once my hair is at classic with healthy thick ends I might reconsider growing longer.

MonaLisa
April 4th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Me too! But I changed my goals quite a few times.. First I wanted hip, then longer, then I decided I prefer it between waist and hip, then wanted TBL, now that I have it, I'm considering classic...80% I want classic, but I'm pretty sure it will stop there...haha but I was sure I'd stop at TBL too...sigh :)

lunalocks
April 4th, 2012, 07:24 AM
10 years ago my goal was waist. However, I kept damaging my hair repeatedly so that the ends broke off and I could not get beyond mid back. I was convinced this was my terminal. Then, 2 years ago, I was shocked to find I was at waist. 1/4 inch only trims did it, as well as stopping what I was doing to damage my hair. Then I found this forum and found out TB, classic, fingertip and knee are all possible. So I would say my next goal is TB and keep my hair healthy and looking good at that length and then moving on to classic. Since I am a slow grower (with trims, I grow about 1 inch every 3 to 4 months, at least in winter) this might take another 2 to 3 years. But it is POSSIBLE. Thank you, LHC.

metricfuture
April 4th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Yep, started out with waist, quickly changed it to hip. At BSL, I'm already in uncharted territory for my hair, so I don't have clue one how long it can actually get (but I imagine if I get to hip and it keeps going, I'll probably just let it grow until I can't easily put it up anymore).

mzBANGBANG
April 4th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I think if it weren't for this forum I would have cut my BSL+ hair months ago because it felt too long, but now that I can see the hair accomplishments of other members, I know I'll continue growing. The first month my goal went from Waist to Hip to Tailbone, then eventually I realized how much upkeep it is to keep hair beautiful so I made a goal of 30 inches. Like most posters here, I will decided what I am doing once I reach that milestone. I'm guessing maintenance and zapping away the pesky layers.

DarkSky
April 4th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I just posted about this in the waist to tailbone thread. I just officially upped my goal from waist to just above or near hip. I can't guarantee that I won't want tailbone either once I get to near hip length. I find the longer my hair gets the easier it is to deal with. I'm sure there is a point where that will completely change though.

vintage88
April 4th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Yes, I originally wanted waist length hair but now my goal has changed to hip, I wouldn't be suprised if it changed again lol :)

RitaPG
April 4th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Definitely! :D Before joining LHC, I wanted to grow my hair to Hip. But a while after joining I decided Classic is the perfect length.
And yet, I still feel the challenge to grow knee length hair if terminal doesn't get to it first

Ligeia_13
April 4th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Not yet but I have a feeling that when I reach waist, I'm going to want hip :D I saw a girl with long hair the other day and thought to myself "That's exactly the hair I want". And then I realized it was hip length. Yeeeaaah...

door72067
April 4th, 2012, 12:17 PM
not so far...I'm aiming for waist and right now, that's still my goal

anything longer and I think I would find it overwhelming

stew
April 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Yeah.. I've considered going from waist to tailbone instead.. it seems more and more doable since I've been on here.. and it would feel so lovely to have it brushing on your lower back :)

Earth Angel
April 4th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Not so far ;) my goal is tailbone but I haven't even reached waist yet. However, since I've been on this forum, I've seen so many fantastic long haired rapunzels and they look amazing.......so maybe i'll re-assess my hair when I reach tailbone ;p (if ... I reach tailbone :roll:)

nobeltonya
April 4th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Yes! *raises hand* When I joined, my hair was about at waist, and I didn't realize it. My original goal was waist, and has since moved to classic. So once I reach that in another 4" or so, it'll probably change to knee. We'll see; that may be a bit much.. it'd probably get on my nerves too much. IDK yet. :) But I want to keep growing as long as it looks good and I can manage it.

Kinkycurlygurl
April 4th, 2012, 02:49 PM
My original goal was midback, I'm headed toward bra-strap and I already have my sights set on hip length.

Then, last week I saw a video of a woman with calf-lenght kinky 4 hair. Now I'm thinking, yeah shrinkage wouldn't be a problem if it was calf lenght.:eyebrows:

AnqeIicDemise
April 4th, 2012, 04:55 PM
lhc is full of enablers. so . torah. I totally did.

Monkey962
April 4th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I've changed my goals several times. I can't remember exactly what length I was when I joined, but I'm pretty sure it was just shy of waist. And at that point my goal was of course, waist length. But then when I got there, I thought, "This is it?" So I set another goal for hip, about 36 inches. When I was getting close to that goal, I thought the same thing, and set my goal for 39 inches, which sounded good in my mind since it's 3 feet 3 inches. But then I figured, wouldn't it be cool to be able to say you had more than 40 inches of hair? So right now my goal is 42", mostly for the Douglas Adams reference. I truly do think I'm not gonna grow it much more than that, because if it's long enough to sit on, I WILL sit on it. And I don't wanna deal with that kind of damage. But I'd be lying if I hadn't thought of the idea of classic length or even knee.

I think that a lot of us enjoy the journey, and not the destination. I like being excited about reaching my goal.

morrigan*
April 5th, 2012, 06:59 AM
I'm still undecided, i only know that i want to grow it to classic just to see if i can :D

Dragon Faery
April 5th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Yes and no. My secret goal since I was little has always been to see how long it would grow. But when I joined the forum, my realistic goal was Waist with full, healthy ends. I knew I wanted at least Tailbone, if possible; I just wasn't sure if I could do it. So my current *stated* goal is still Waist, but as soon as I reach it I will update my goal to Hip, and so on, for as long as it will keep growing. And once it won't grow evenly anymore, I will let it fairytale out for a few years, to see what true Terminal is before cutting back to the longest length at which I can have a decent hemline. At least, that's the current plan. :)

Vasilissa
April 5th, 2012, 04:57 PM
All these years HL to TBL were the two most attractive lengths for me. Somehow those lengths beautifully accentuates all feminine aspects of a woman's body from behind. Probably that's because you can still see the curves and the bum. :eyebrows: :laugh:

..Well that's how I thought before, now I am not sure about anything...! I've seen here so many beautiful heads of hair with lengths past classic and knee that it has completely changed my perception of "what is beautiful hair". I like all lengths and shapes! The longer hair - the better! :yumm: :D

So I think, I probably did increase my goal. Or will, but first I need to reach it and then I'll see how it goes.

long&blonde
April 5th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Yes, me too.
I started with a goal of Waist.
Now at "mid butt crack" going for classic.
Why? To see what it's like.
I don't think I'll like being able to sit on my hair,but I've never had hair this long before.
Thought it'd be a shame not to try it.

carolinaberry
April 5th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I'm waffling on my goal. I guess I didn't really have a set goal, other than BSL or longer...but after seeing all of the pictures on here of healthy super-long hair, I'm rethinking it.

julliams
April 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I'm the same - wanted waist, grew to hip and now I'm thinking about tailbone. I'm wondering if it has more to do with wanting what we don't have...

MinderMutsig
April 6th, 2012, 04:23 AM
When I joined I just wanted long hair which for me meant longer than BSL where I would just let it grow and when I felt my hair needed it, chop back a couple of inches to mid-back or at least not shorter than BSL.

Last year I changed my hair goal to longer than waist and I'll probably grow to tailbone.

I'm still thinking about longer lengths but the thing is, while I love knee length, I really really dislike classic and thigh length on most people and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be very flattering on my body either.

Tailbone to knee is a long stretch and I'm tall and have long legs. I would be in that area for four years, and that is if everything goes well. If I need a big trim in between, or something happens during that time that makes my hemline scraggly or uneven (something else I'm @nal about) and I'd have to maintain there to let the rest catch up, it will take even longer. If I have the genes to grow to there at all that is.

So I'm still not sure about that one.

Qadupae
April 6th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Yep, originally wanted waist, but now I am eyeballing tailbone ^_^ Dang enablers

bunzfan
April 6th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Totally, when i joined i just wanted it longer than APL and then i wanted waist length as my final goal and now i want classic as my final goal which should be doable because i'm so short :D:

Jesabel
April 6th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Yep! :) I started wanting waist length, now I want hip. I also want to totally grow all my layers out now, instead of just growing them out so they're a bit longer.

Springpaw
April 8th, 2012, 04:40 AM
I actually haven't increased my goal :p

I joined quite recently, and I'm still only at shoulder. I'm aiming for waist, but who knows what I'll be thinking about when I get closer to my goal ;)

DancingQueen
April 8th, 2012, 04:55 AM
I actually found the opposite - mine decreased! For starters, my goal was hip, and at the beginning, I thought I might go to TB go Classic. But after a while, It started changing. First waist, and now I am considering MBL or BSL. Oh well, I guess I will see, I am nowhere close to any of it right now. I might as well just let it grow until I go crazy and cut it again ;)

drquartz1970
April 8th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Yes when first joined this forum my original goal was simply to grow to armpit length. After achieving this it became mid-back. Now at lower back only a few inches short of waist and now my goal is to grow it down to the hips or belt line.

Manzanilla
April 8th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Mine has! I thought I wanted to have hip or classic length, but I have been looking at photos of knee legth hair and I'm in love :p I never knew I loved long hair that much. So I dream to get to knee length but I don't know where I will get in real life, we shall see.

pepperminttea
April 8th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Definitely! :) When I joined my goal was originally tailbone, which I'm not far off now (an inch or two to go!), but then it moved to classic, and then to mid-thigh/fingertip which is my current goal. My biggest goal is to be able to do a fake crown braid with a single braid, which I'll need at least classic for (if not more).

cooklaezo13
April 8th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I came here intending to grow my hair back to waist (the longest its ever been). Now I am considering growing until tailbone or even more! Of course my hair is still only at shoulder so we will see . . .
What made me change my mind is seeing all the amazing buns and braids that can be done with longer hair, that I never even knew about before coming to the LHC. Because my hair is thick and slippery, I need to have a lot of length before attempting most styles.