PDA

View Full Version : when I start to mourn my "short" hair....

Long_hair_bear
April 3rd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Hey all!

So my hair is not short compared to society's standards, but its short in LHC terms. Its MBL. However, when I look at my 25" and feel short, I think to myself, "Torrin Paige, Madora, Diamond Eyes, and a few more of my hair idols have been at 25" at one point. Theirs grew and so will yours." It makes me feel better to know they've been at my stage and theirs grew long and lovely, so mine will eventually too. Unfortunately, patience is not one of my great virtues. :D

How do you make yourself feel better when your hair feels "short"?

Avital88
April 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
like you, having hairidols will make me hold on and just let it grow..

pink.sara
April 3rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
I go and look at the pictures in my albums from the past 3 years and remember how far I've come :)

It is frustrating that after 3 solid years of growing it is still only just 25 inches and not even BSL, but at least it is healthy and long to most people now!

Pictures really help to motivate me as a slow grower.

XcaliburGirl
April 3rd, 2012, 09:04 AM
I remember that there are some trade-offs to having long hair and try to enjoy the benefits of shorter hair while I have it.

rock007junkie
April 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM
I was having one of days yesterday whn my hair for some reason appeared "shorter" to me. What I did was that I started looking at some old pictures and was actually able to see that my hair has in fact been growing, made me hopeful that in 6 more months it'll be even longer.

racrane
April 3rd, 2012, 09:51 AM
I take progress pictures every month so I realize while it's still short, it IS growing. Plus, I can teach myself styles without having a lot of hair to deal with. Last time I had waist length hair, I didn't know how to braid and I got overwhelmed with all my hair. This time, I figured out how to do simple styles by APL so I can adjust as my hair gets longer. So, anyway, while I'm sad I'm not *long* yet, I enjoy where I'm at. Take care. :)

Amber_Maiden
April 3rd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Yep, I go look at pictures of my hair idols and know they were once at the same point I am.

XcaliburGirl
April 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
For fun, sometimes I go to page 1 of the super shorties thread and look at signature and avatar pictures of the people who first posted there. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405
For example, the OP, Pixna is at Waist now.

Madora
April 3rd, 2012, 11:24 AM
Aww, long hair bear, thanks!

Believe me, I've been there and it's a bore. BUT I knew that time was on my side and that I only needed to be patient and take care of what I had..and eventually my hair would reach my goal. And yes, the waiting can drive you nuts! But hang in there! Try learning new styles if at all possible. Or put up inspirational long hair pics on the fridge, bathroom..anywhere to help in your long hair journey. I know I had 3 postcards of Elizabeth of Austria that I looked at often. Such glorious hair she had!

jacqueline101
April 3rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
I have the same thoughts as you. My hair feels short at its length and I find myself wanting it to grow faster. I want my glory crowing hair to come faster then it ever has. I think to myself it was not quiet a year ago it barley touched my shoulders.

jeanniet
April 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
I remember when I was waiting to get to APL and it seemed to be taking so dang long--I just couldn't imagine getting to waist, ever! And yet here I am at hip. You think it will never happen, and yet it does. :) So now I just remember where I was a couple of years ago, and see how far I've come, and try to relax.

zombi
April 3rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
For fun, sometimes I go to page 1 of the super shorties thread and look at signature and avatar pictures of the people who first posted there. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405
For example, the OP, Pixna is at Waist now.
This is a great idea. I'll keep it in mind ^_^

Hyacinth
April 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
What has helped me a lot, and what I plan to do is to look through some of the LHCers photo albums of hair progress. But yes, I get very impatient sometimes. :rolleyes:

kallarina
April 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
When I start getting impatient, I drown my hair with love! I give myself scalp massages, try new hairstyles, wear it loose (as long as I'm inside and not out in the wind), and just let myself pay attention to it. If I try to tell myself not to think about it, it just makes it worse. So, I give in, and let myself have a little fun, and I remember that everything that I do for my hair has made it so healthy, and in reality, healthy hair trumps long hair every time.

ravenheather
April 3rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
If you're feeling frustrated, just think of my piddly little 18 inches. LOL. I'd like to have 25 inches right now.

Torrin Paige
April 3rd, 2012, 10:53 PM
Here ya go, long hair bear. I wasn't always a long hair - I also apparently didn't know when to put down the make-up brushes, but that's neither here nor there. :) Your hair will grow, never fear.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/torrinpaige/shorthair-1.jpg

turtlelover
April 3rd, 2012, 11:01 PM
If I am REALLY unhappy about it, I put it up and forget about it! There are days when ignoring it is the best policy, though I generally am getting more satisfied w/ my hair recently.

Ma'am
April 20th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Here ya go, long hair bear. I wasn't always a long hair - I also apparently didn't know when to put down the make-up brushes, but that's neither here nor there. :) Your hair will grow, never fear.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/torrinpaige/shorthair-1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/ShortcakePictures/waaa.gif

Wow! For some reason, I assumed your hair had always been long!

lapushka
April 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y289/ShortcakePictures/waaa.gif

Wow! For some reason, I assumed your hair had always been long!

That's what I thought too!

That *is* a cute picture, though. I like the wave to your hair, Torrin!

PixxieStix
April 20th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I go through bouts like this quite frequently. I remember my long hair and can't stand how short it is currently, but then I try to remember that it is growing, that I WILL reach my goal, and if I'm feeling *really* down, go through and find pictures of my hair when it was shorter.Pictures don't lie about growth. It grows at a perfectly average rate, but yeah, I feel you on wanting it to grow FASTER! We can always hope for a summer growth spurt.