PDA

View Full Version : My first bun! (In my sister's hair)

Saryn Jumail
July 24th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Well, I tried to do a bun on my hair, but it was not long enough, so I tried it on my sister's hair!
I love her color..her hair is amazing, and already she hates it, and she's only 8! Ah, oh well... hopefully she doesn't try to dye it when she gets older.

I used an orange colored pencil (It clashes horribly with her hair, but it's the only pencil I was patient enough to find) because I have not yet bought hair sticks, seeing as my hair is not long enough yet.

Anyways, just thought I'd share the results!
The third picture is just a picture of her hair, because it really shows the color, so I think.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2qntuv4.jpg

Islandgrrl
July 24th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Looks like she has lovely red curls! Very well done, the bun is pretty! Imagine what you could do with proper hair sticks!

renarok
July 24th, 2008, 05:15 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE your sisters hair. You did a great job with that bun. How did you do it? Her hair is so shiny. Please tell her that her hair color and curl is really one in a million. I really love your curl too by the way.

Saryn Jumail
July 24th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Looks like she has lovely red curls! Very well done, the bun is pretty! Imagine what you could do with proper hair sticks!

Thanks!
Yes, I know! Her hair is so pretty I've always been envious of her color... but she doesn't like it.

Saryn Jumail
July 24th, 2008, 06:03 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE your sisters hair. You did a great job with that bun. How did you do it? Her hair is so shiny. Please tell her that her hair color and curl is really one in a million. I really love your curl too by the way.

1. Arrange your hair in a ponytail. You can place the ponytail high or low, this makes no big difference. It's just to your preferences.

2. Put a hairstick horizontally in the root of the tail.

3. The next step is to divide hair into two equal parts. Put each part up, over and behind the hairstick.

4. Wrap the hair parts in opposite directions around the ponytail holder and loop around the hairstick.

5. Add hair pins, scrunchie, or other holders that will secure the bun on top or underneath.
http://hair-long.blogspot.com/2007/12/chinese-bun.html
Those are the instructions I followed...and I tell her about her hair every time I do it, almost every day before school.

Thanks for the compliment!

DecafJane
July 24th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I LOVE your work on the bun - and I adore your sister's hair. :)

Lixie
July 24th, 2008, 11:19 PM
That's a neat bun, thanks for sharing the instructions too. Gorgeous hair must run in your family. 8)

katiana
July 24th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Ahhh..your sister is just beautiful! And what a lovely bun!! Great job!

Arctic
July 25th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Her hair is fabulous, and great work on the bun! :cheer:

Patrycja
July 25th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Chinese bun? That looks wonderful!!!!!! She has got some great shine going on too :)

Saryn Jumail
July 25th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks to all!

DecafJane: Yes, her hair is gorgeous... and I liked the bun too, which surprised me, because it was my first try, and I was successful. My mom loved it too.

Lixie: Thanks! And yes, everybody in my family has very pretty hair...except for the color, which is all the same as mine...a very bland brown. Except for the little one! She got the vibrant red that we're all jealous of.

katiana: Thanks! It didn't take too long, only a few minutes (It was more of a chore to detangle her hair; after a long day of playing outside, it was pretty bad). She didn't keep it in for very long, she said she didn't like the stick sticking out of her head :).

Arctic: Thanks! I love the cheerleader smiley face!

Patrycja: Yes, it was a Chinese bun, very simple to do as well, it held with just the pencil and two elastics.

jojo
July 28th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Aww she is so cute and her hair is gorgeous.