PDA

View Full Version : One year of LHC progress!

Irish Fae
April 2nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
I am quickly approaching my one year anniversary of joining LHC!

I found this wonderful site last year after discovering how much a bout with cheap, permanent dye and constant flat ironing had damaged my hair, which used to be very strong and healthy. I was plagued with split ends and white dots, and my hair felt brittle. At that time, my goal was simply BSL with healthy hair. After I joined, I decided that I wanted waist length hair. I learned about CWC, apple cider vinegar rinses, henndigo glosses, coconut oil and many other incredible treatments that helped my hair greatly. I went from straightening my hair nearly every day with the flat iron to only straightening my fringe a few times a week, and never touching my length with heat. I gave up permanent commercial dyes and have recently only been using henna and indigo.

This is a photo of my hair from April of last year, shortly after joining LHC:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9786&pictureid=126478
It doesn't look quite as damaged here as it did in person, but it was very difficult to care for and looked horrid at this length with the various short layers from my previous salon style.

And now... this is what my hair currently looks like, ends slightly oiled (excuse the blurry mirror photo):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9786&pictureid=129732

Since I have been trimming damaged ends as my hair grows, I haven't made as much progress in a year as I would have thought, but my hair certainly looks and feels a million times better. I have just a few inches left until I reach my goal!

Thank you, LHC!!! :flower:

fridgee
April 2nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
:cheese: yay great growth even tho you've been trimming. It looks so much thicker and the hendigo colour is so rich and beautiful. :flower:

PeacenQuietGal
April 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Wow! I love your hendigo results too, and it is most certainly Thicker!

SwordWomanRiona
April 2nd, 2012, 12:50 PM
Congrats! It looks really healthy, and I love your texture!

thirstylocks
April 2nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Thats a lot of growth - just look at where your shortest layers fall on each picture!

ladyfitzgerald
April 2nd, 2012, 01:17 PM
Congrats! Great idea to trim as you gre
w, still getting some length and yet making your hair more healthy!

Springgrl
April 2nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Looks great! I love the shape of your hemline along with your hair texture... so pretty! Your hair looks so much thicker. Good job!

PrairieRose
April 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
I love your waves!:D

RapunzelKat
April 2nd, 2012, 02:05 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! :cheer: Your hair looks lovely and healthy, and you've had great growth in spite of the trims! :D

Perelka74
April 2nd, 2012, 02:06 PM
I am quickly approaching my one year anniversary of joining LHC!

I found this wonderful site last year after discovering how much a bout with cheap, permanent dye and constant flat ironing had damaged my hair, which used to be very strong and healthy. I was plagued with split ends and white dots, and my hair felt brittle. At that time, my goal was simply BSL with healthy hair. After I joined, I decided that I wanted waist length hair. I learned about CWC, apple cider vinegar rinses, henndigo glosses, coconut oil and many other incredible treatments that helped my hair greatly. I went from straightening my hair nearly every day with the flat iron to only straightening my fringe a few times a week, and never touching my length with heat. I gave up permanent commercial dyes and have recently only been using henna and indigo.

This is a photo of my hair from April of last year, shortly after joining LHC:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9786&pictureid=126478
It doesn't look quite as damaged here as it did in person, but it was very difficult to care for and looked quite horrid at this length with the various short layers form my previous salon style.

And now... this is what my hair currently looks like, ends slightly oiled (excuse the blurry mirror photo):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9786&pictureid=129732

Since I have been trimming damaged ends as my hair grows, I haven't made as much progress in a year as I would have thought, but my hair certainly looks and feels a million times better. I have just a few inches left until I reach my goal!

Thank you, LHC!!! :flower:

I think you did great in 1 Year , I can see the growth.

lapushka
April 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Congratulations. That *is* a lot of growth! :)

Amber_Maiden
April 2nd, 2012, 02:14 PM
very nice growth and progress!

BrightEyes
April 2nd, 2012, 02:17 PM
Congrats! You've made awesome progress, your hair looks so thick and healthy. I love the texture and color:)

Anywhere
April 2nd, 2012, 02:21 PM
Your hair looks so thick and healthy. I see the progress, congratulations. :cheese:

pixiestar
April 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
Gorgeous hair, looks healthy and shiny and definitely longer:D

Mrsbaybeegurl
April 2nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Awesome progress. I can see the change of the health in your hair and the color is wonderful and there is def nice growth as well!!! Congrats!!:cheese:

buttercupmcgee
April 2nd, 2012, 03:45 PM
Gorgeous! I love the waves. Also the hemline looks nice with your torso shape, too! (Hair to body shape= often overlooked, but a nice benefit:-))

jacqueline101
April 2nd, 2012, 04:11 PM
Your hair is pretty the growth is great and congrats on your progress.

PixxieStix
April 2nd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Your hair looks wonderfully shiny and healthy, congratulations on such great improvement in only a year! :)

blondie9912
April 2nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Beautiful hemline! Looks like you got some good growth :)

Allychan
April 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
quote=Irish Fae
"I am quickly approaching my one year anniversary of joining LHC!

I found this wonderful site last year after discovering how much a bout with cheap, permanent dye and constant flat ironing had damaged my hair, which used to be very strong and healthy. I was plagued with split ends and white dots, and my hair felt brittle. At that time, my goal was simply BSL with healthy hair. After I joined, I decided that I wanted waist length hair. I learned about CWC, apple cider vinegar rinses, henndigo glosses, coconut oil and many other incredible treatments that helped my hair greatly. I went from straightening my hair nearly every day with the flat iron to only straightening my fringe a few times a week, and never touching my length with heat. I gave up permanent commercial dyes and have recently only been using henna and indigo."

Wow you just described exactly what I was doing and exactly what I am now doing, except I have only just started doing the trims.

Irish Fae
April 2nd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Thank you for all of the kind replies, everyone! You have made my day! :flower:

princessp
April 2nd, 2012, 10:09 PM
Congratulations on your progress! :)

Falcore
April 2nd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Love your hemline! Congratulations on your progress :)

Safira
April 2nd, 2012, 11:18 PM
Your hair looks beautiful, itīs thicker and looks healthier.

joflakes
April 3rd, 2012, 12:49 AM
Such a difference. That's the kind of hair I want! Well done :)

Totte
April 3rd, 2012, 01:01 AM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous :)

Mayflower
April 3rd, 2012, 06:16 AM
It looks alot thicker and softer, congratulations!

Joliebaby
April 3rd, 2012, 06:19 AM
It looks wonderful, and I think it's really good amount of growth as you had trims also!

Maelyssa
April 3rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
Nice growth...looks thicker and healthier. Keep it up!

auroraclio
April 3rd, 2012, 07:51 AM
It looks wonderful in the 'now' pics, the condition of your hair looks so much healthier, great job!!!

Taliara
April 3rd, 2012, 08:00 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous. I love the colour, what do you use?

Irish Fae
April 3rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Thank you! I use a one-step henna and indigo gloss with about 70% indigo to 30% henna. Sometimes I follow up with a bit more indigo on the roots the day after colouring with the gloss.

Your hair looks gorgeous. I love the colour, what do you use?

hellucy
April 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Wow your hair looks gorgeous! All the time & effort has paid off your hair looks really healthy. :cheese:

Irish Fae
April 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Thank you very much! :-)

lovinglocks
April 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Your hair is beautiful and full.

jojo
April 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM
you have so pretty hair and I too love the texture, waist is not that far off either!

okiesarah
April 4th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Hey, we are anniversary buddies! Congrats on your growth :) :)

Littlewing13
April 4th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Beautiful hair :) Keep at it

BrownEyedBeauty
July 22nd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Your hair is growing beautifully and looking healthy. Congratulations on your steady positive progress.

blondie9912
July 22nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
It certainly looks longer, great job!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Your hair looks wonderful, long, thick glossy, and it has grown such a lot in a year, well done! You will reach your goal soon.

tinti
July 22nd, 2012, 07:22 PM
You have made great progress, Irish Fae, and your hair looks stunning! Congrats, and happy hairniversary!