PDA

View Full Version : 3 year anniversary

WaitingSoLong
April 1st, 2012, 05:50 PM
Sorry, no pics. I just haven't taken any but at any rate I don't have any astounding 3 years worth of growth to report since I trimmed too much but I did make it from waist to "just" Classic with all those trims by October 2011 and I am almost back to Classic after cutting back to just at TBL the same October.

I just returned from a 40 day hiatus from measuring, TLHC and I wore my hair up for 40 days (a record for me), plus no pics, etc. Guess you could say it was a "hair"atus. I think I was a bit too obsessed with my (lack of) hair growth and TLHC so I am better grounded now LOL. I wore my hair down for the first time today and WOW was it annoying.

I am about 1.5-2" from Classic (again). I plan to grow past Classic and then trim back to Classic at the end of the year and start 2013 with a healthy Classic and move towards fingertip length.

I am having trouble with my ends, even after being very protective of them since my trim, they are still sort of fried looking. I am just wondering if there is such thing as "healthy Classic" on me or with my hair or if I can even go on to FTL knowing I have "hemline standards" to maintain. My hair looks the same now as it does in many of my pics so I did not feel the need to take pictures.

Sorry to disappoint but I only just remembered today that it was my anniversary and am lucky I remembered ON the day!

So...Happy Hair-A-Versary to me
Happy Hair-A-Versary to me
Happy Hair-A-Versary to WSL
Happy Hair-A-Versary to me

Da da da. :shrug:

Did anyone miss me?

Renate
April 1st, 2012, 05:56 PM
Happy 3 year anniversary :) May all your hair related wishes come true :p If your hair right now looks as healthy as in your signature, them I'm sure you won't have any problems.

jacqueline101
April 1st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Happy anniversary to you. I didn't see you on line for a while.

Falcore
April 1st, 2012, 06:07 PM
Happy Hair Anniversary!

PrairieRose
April 1st, 2012, 06:22 PM
Happy, happy hair-a-versary to you!:D

Amber_Maiden
April 1st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Happy anniversary WaitingSoLong! Your hair is just gorgeous!!! :D

DakarNick
April 1st, 2012, 07:02 PM
Miss you? Who are you?

Only kidding. I'm happy to read you're doing well and continuing to grow. Happy 3 years!

barely.there
April 1st, 2012, 08:59 PM
your hair looks super Fab and healthy! Congrats :D

Maelyssa
April 1st, 2012, 10:02 PM
Well slightly belated hair anniversary to you WaitingSoLong! Happy growing or another year. :D

Cowgirl16
April 1st, 2012, 10:11 PM
Happy Hair-A-Versay! :disco:

stew
April 1st, 2012, 10:32 PM
Happy 3 years! Your hair is inspiration to us all :)

WaitingSoLong
April 2nd, 2012, 05:55 AM
Thanks everyone! I can't believe it has been 3 years but I could not imagine my hair without TLHC!

SheaLynne
April 2nd, 2012, 07:17 AM
Yay! I'm glad to see you are still growing longer, and have a plan to keep your hemline how you like it!

You are just ahead of me here on LHC, and you have such a better hemline than I do...

Congrats on alot of progress...beautiful!!!

lapushka
April 2nd, 2012, 10:15 AM
Happy anniversary! Hope you reach your goal of FTL! :)

spidermom
April 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM
I'm having the exact same problem with my ends. They seem to trash out right about the time they reach classic length. I've embarked on a catnip tea soak experiment to see if I can bulk up those ends. haha

Happy hairiversary!

WaitingSoLong
April 2nd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Spider, let me know if it works! I did not put catnip in my herb garden but I can!

StubbornLocks
April 2nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
WaitingSoLong, your hair in the siggy pic is simply stunning. And as I have read somewhere on LHC - you may want to think of it in another way - while it might look too short/damaged/..fill in here whatever you like to you, it is probably another person's dream hair. I definitely admire yours!

moon2dove
April 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
WaitingSoLong - You have beautiful hair. I hope you find a 'cure' for your hemline.

Happy Hair-a-versary to you :flowers: and happy growing to FTL :cheese:

ladyfitzgerald
April 2nd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Wow your hair is so shiny and healthy!

RapunzelKat
April 2nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Happy three-year and welcome back! :D I was glad to see you around the Classic in 2012 thread again!

Have you given mineral oil a try for your ends? I have the same problem with ragged, damaged-looking ends. It has helped mine a lot, and I'm only a couple inches behind you ;) They seem to be holding moisture better, and just generally seem healthier and happier. I put a small amount on my ends while they're still wet after a wash. Combined with a little trimming and daily bunning, my ends are looking good again! :thumbsup:

Xandergrammy
April 2nd, 2012, 03:50 PM
Happy Anniversary! I just realized that I missed my 6 year anniversary here on 3/17! Your hair looks gorgeous. I don't see any bad ends.

WaitingSoLong
April 3rd, 2012, 05:47 AM
Have you given mineral oil a try for your ends?

No I haven't. I have tried several oils but not that one. I am currently using avacado.

Xander, that sig pic was right after a trim so the ends look great in it. And it is more a texture than a look, a dry, frizziness, as my daughter pointed out LOL.

Thanks again everyone. I love TLHC and will say what I think I said last year, that I have never stayed in one forum this long because there are always trolls or haters and this place isn't like that. Thanks to the MOD team for making it a "safe" place and for all you lovelies who are so nice and encouraging :p

FTL may be it for me, too. I am not sure I prefer the look of hair longer than that and if I make ti to FTL and it is NOT terminal on me, I will re-evaluate then. It will be really tempting to cut back to virgin hair once my roots get about MBL so who knows, I may try "short" hair again in the future. Though DH says he cannot imagine me without long hair, it has just "become me". I survived a several-year-long-urge to shave my head completely, somehow, and now have no urge to cut...yet. It would be nice to get rid of all the sun-in highlights eventually!

Joliebaby
April 3rd, 2012, 06:28 AM
WaitingSoLong, happy 3 year LHC anniversary :)
I know sometimes a little break can help if one is getting too obsessed ;)