PDA

View Full Version : WEN Hair Products?

LadyinWaiting
April 1st, 2012, 04:08 PM
Hello Ladies,

Has anyone tried the WEN hair product line? I'm tempted to give it a try as I have read that it has some good reviews!

http://www.wenhaircare.com/?mboxSession=1333317684941-944156

Tia2010
April 1st, 2012, 05:52 PM
I think it's a good product if you don't mind the price. You have to use so much of it that it can get expensive quickly! I bought mine form QVC (or HSN, I can't remember) and while I did like it, I didn't think it was any better than Suave or VO5 for CO washing.

Darkessa
April 1st, 2012, 05:53 PM
I absolutely ADORED the cleansing conditioner. It was absolutely amazing.

I did NOT adore the price though.
If I won the lottery, I would use this every darn day.
Sadly, like most of the world right now, I cant hardly afford to live.

I highly recommend it if you can afford it.

Miss Catrina
April 1st, 2012, 06:07 PM
There's really nothing in the ingredients that sets it apart from similar products, and I hear it builds up terribly after a bit of time. Sally's has a knock off version for much cheaper, though.

Maelyssa
April 1st, 2012, 10:10 PM
My mother and sister both loved it for about a month, after that they've said it's made their hair very limp and lifeless. Perhaps you should try out the new Cleansing Conditioner by L'Oreal Evercreme. Much cheaper and Wen has cones which is why I believe their hair is starting to go limp...cone build up. Evercreme is conefree.

Freckled.Thing
April 1st, 2012, 10:30 PM
I've heard it's only meh and the price is a rip off. I have never tried it though, so I can't speak for much. Unfortunately even if it was the best thing ever I doubt I'd be able to afford it. Good luck whatever you try. :)

DragonFlyPie
April 1st, 2012, 11:01 PM
I've used Wen in the past (Fig, Pomegranate, Tea Tree, Lavender, Sweet Almond Mint, & Cucumber Aloe) & absolutely loved all of them. The price, however, is insane & there's no way to justify spending like $30 on a bottle of conditioner that's only going to last a couple of weeks (I have super long, thick hair.) Wen did leave my hair feeling glorious & I personally loved the herbal/medicinal fragrances. If QVC had a special deal, I may be tempted to buy some more just for the heck of it - for a splurge. But honestly, you can get the same results with cheap conditioners.

I have also used the Hair One (Tea Tree, Jojoba, Olive Oil, Cucumber Aloe, & Argan Oil) from Sally's & I hated all of them. They all left my hair extremely rough & snarly. And I strongly disliked the fragrances of them all.

Now, I just use very cheap ($1 or less for 16oz usually) conditioners from VO5, Suave & White Rain. I rotate between them all. The VO5 generally are silicone free, but have protein (my hair does perfectly fine with both silicone & protein, so I'm not concerned about that.) The Suave & White Rain that I use, generally have silicones. I will occasionally shampoo (maybe 1x every 2-3 weeks now, CO-washing every other day.) using CIBU Geishalishious (old formula with sulfates.)