PDA

View Full Version : Favourite half-ups?

Laululintu
July 24th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I'm going to take part in an assessment for a job I've applied for this coming Tuesday. I'll be interview-appropriate clothes, so I thought I'd have a little fun with my hair and instead of wearing it all up, I'll wear it in a half-up instead provided that my hair feels cooperative on Tuesday :p

Are there any half-ups that work with hairsticks, as I'd love to wear my turquoise topped ones.

Thanks in advance :D

Silver & Gold
July 24th, 2008, 03:52 PM
My hair isn't nearly as long as yours but two that I like that I think you can adapt are to do a half-up rope braid without using any elastics and when you get to the bottom just twist the hair around as in a bun or cinnibun for your length I imagine. Tuck the ends underneath and secure with a hairstick.

Or another thing I like is to take the hair I'm going to use for the half-up and let it hang like an ponytail, then take a small section from underneath and wrap the ponytail a couple of times, use a topsy-tail to pull the remainder through the wrapped portion so that the end hangs in with the ponytail and then use a small hairstick to hold the wrapped part to the scalp. What you have is a wrapped half-pony with no elastics, just a hairstick.

dorothea-brooke
July 24th, 2008, 04:04 PM
My hair isn't nearly as long as yours but two that I like that I think you can adapt are to do a half-up rope braid without using any elastics and when you get to the bottom just twist the hair around as in a bun or cinnibun for your length I imagine. Tuck the ends underneath and secure with a hairstick.

Or another thing I like is to take the hair I'm going to use for the half-up and let it hang like an ponytail, then take a small section from underneath and wrap the ponytail a couple of times, use a topsy-tail to pull the remainder through the wrapped portion so that the end hangs in with the ponytail and then use a small hairstick to hold the wrapped part to the scalp. What you have is a wrapped half-pony with no elastics, just a hairstick.

Great suggestions! I have nothing to add, alas, but I will be watching this thread with interest as I want ideas for half-ups, too. :cool:

dorothea

Euphony
July 24th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I get loads of compliments when I have a half-up infinite. I also enjoy a half-up cinnamon, a half-up knot with the end hanging down like a ponytail. I know there's more half-up styles I do, I love half-ups I just can't think of any right now.

Silver & Gold
July 24th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I get loads of compliments when I have a half-up infinite. I also enjoy a half-up cinnamon, a half-up knot with the end hanging down like a ponytail. I know there's more half-up styles I do, I love half-ups I just can't think of any right now.

I agree about the half-up knot with the end hanging . . . it's a little less complicated to execute than the wrapped pony (especially if you don't have a topsy-tail tool) and I do love the look of the hair in the half up hanging down.

Patrycja
July 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM
I loved to do a half up with a cinnabun.I held it with a pretty fork,but I'm sure your sticks would look fantastic.

Kelpie
July 25th, 2008, 01:57 AM
I like doing a braided bun with the top half of my hair. I used one of my shorter sticks and it held well all day.

Periwinkle
July 25th, 2008, 05:52 AM
My hair's not long enough for an infinity, but I do it as a half-up, and it works really well.

LadyMoon11
July 25th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I wear a half-up knot or braided bun often. Usually I leave the end of the hair loose. It is probably one of my favorite styles, and I can use either hair forks or hair sticks to do it.
This is a blurry pic, and I did not spend much time trying to make this look good (I was just trying to show the hair fork), but this is what I wear often:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1335&pictureid=17183 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1335&pictureid=17184

Good luck at your interview! :flower:

Shanarana
July 25th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I wish I could do half ups, but I wear bangs and doing a half up means looking like I have a mulet........no thank you. :)