This color is silver.
This color is pink.
This color is wheat.
This color is lemon chiffon.
This color is pale green.
This color is pale turquoise.
This color is light blue.
This color is plum.

If you make a bookmark with this code as the "link" information, you can click the bookmark, and any changed colors and fonts will be returned to the LHC standard:

javascript:(function(){var%20H=["bgcolor","bgColor","background","color","text","alink","vlink"],Y={FONT:1,CENTER:1},d=[],p;%20function%20R(N){var%20a,x,i,t;%20if(t=N.tagN ame){%20t=t.toUpperCase();%20for%20(i=0;a=H[i];++i)if(N.getAttribute(a))N.removeAttribute(a);%20 for(i=0;x=N.childNodes[i];++i)R(x);%20if%20(Y[t])d.push(N);%20}%20}%20R(document.documentElement); %20for%20(i=0;N=d[i];++i)%20{%20p=N.parentNode;%20while(N.firstChild)p .insertBefore(N.firstChild,N);%20p.removeChild(N); %20}%20})()

WritingPrincess
April 16th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Thank you, Flaxen. So many pretty colors! Now I need to pick one to use all the time? :D

CurlyNinja
April 17th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I am really dumb and did not mean to reply to this!!!! Ack.

Anje
April 17th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Very nice, very pretty.

On my LCD monitor, I can read everything but yellow (well, maybe if I strain my eyes) and lemon chiffon (needed to be highlighted to see what it said). How's it show up on a CRT?

Miss Murphy
April 18th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Very nice, very pretty.

On my LCD monitor, I can read everything but yellow (well, maybe if I strain my eyes) and lemon chiffon (needed to be highlighted to see what it said). How's it show up on a CRT?

Everything orange and above is fine, as well as deep sky blue and dark orchid.

The other colours are either very hard to read or I have to highlight them (like lemon chiffon, yellow and also pale green).

jera
October 10th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Thank you, Flaxen. So many pretty colors! Now I need to pick one to use all the time? :D

WritingPrincess, you don't have to choose one color to use forever. You can change the color of your sig if you want to.

Sonya Campbell
November 1st, 2008, 06:49 PM
test test to see if my pix comes up

redneckprincess
August 7th, 2009, 10:36 AM
is there a way to set it so that it automaticly types one color every time you post?

eadwine
August 7th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Yep.. simply type your post and it chooses black ;)

There has actually been a post about this somewhere to please use the default colors and formatting since some are so hard on the eyes.

edensapples
January 19th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Sienna... nice color.

Ursula
January 19th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Flaxen,

Could you add this information for turning unreadable colors off to the bottom of your post? That way, both changing colors and dealing with the change if it gives you problems are in one, easy to find place:

If you make a bookmark with this code as the "link" information, you can click the bookmark, and any changed colors and fonts will be returned to the LHC standard:

javascript:(function(){var%20H=["bgcolor","bgColor","background","color","text","alink","vlink"],Y={FONT:1,CENTER:1},d=[],p;%20function%20R(N){var%20a,x,i,t;%20if(t=N.tagN ame){%20t=t.toUpperCase();%20for%20(i=0;a=H[i];++i)if(N.getAttribute(a))N.removeAttribute(a);%20 for(i=0;x=N.childNodes[i];++i)R(x);%20if%20(Y[t])d.push(N);%20}%20}%20R(document.documentElement); %20for%20(i=0;N=d[i];++i)%20{%20p=N.parentNode;%20while(N.firstChild)p .insertBefore(N.firstChild,N);%20p.removeChild(N); %20}%20})()

Zaane
January 19th, 2010, 07:38 PM
love the sky blue one :)

Flaxen
March 28th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Flaxen,

Could you add this information for turning unreadable colors off to the bottom of your post?
Ursula,
I am so sorry to be so late in adding it, but it's done now. Thank you for suggesting it. :flower:

Gypsy
March 28th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Yep.. simply type your post and it chooses black ;)

There has actually been a post about this somewhere to please use the default colors and formatting since some are so hard on the eyes.

Hmm.
I think she meant if you want it to be a certain color that is not the standard black, is there a way to set your account to that, because we know it automatically picks black as the default, there is no other color the program tosses out at random.
I'd like to know the answer to that , too. I hate default, common black font but I get tired of manually inputting my preferred fonts and color.:o

Carolyn
March 29th, 2010, 06:55 AM
Flaxen,

Could you add this information for turning unreadable colors off to the bottom of your post? That way, both changing colors and dealing with the change if it gives you problems are in one, easy to find place:

javascript:(function(){var%20H=["bgcolor","bgColor","background","color","text","alink","vlink"],Y={FONT:1,CENTER:1},d=[],p;%20function%20R(N){var%20a,x,i,t;%20if(t=N.tagN ame){%20t=t.toUpperCase();%20for%20(i=0;a=H[i];++i)if(N.getAttribute(a))N.removeAttribute(a);%20 for(i=0;x=N.childNodes[i];++i)R(x);%20if%20(Y[t])d.push(N);%20}%20}%20R(document.documentElement); %20for%20(i=0;N=d[i];++i)%20{%20p=N.parentNode;%20while(N.firstChild)p .insertBefore(N.firstChild,N);%20p.removeChild(N); %20}%20})()OK I'm not understanding this. Make a bookmark where? Will this make everything go to black and the standard font or just text in posts? I don't mind off colors and fonts in siggies. I just want to be able to read posts in black and the standard font. My eyes are so exhausted and strained by the end of the day and some nights I can barely read posts that aren't standard before I go to bed. Actually I had to skip several posts that I wanted to read last night due to this. Interesting colors and fonts do not make my reading easier. They often make it impossible.

Tabitha
March 29th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Hmm.
I think she meant if you want it to be a certain color that is not the standard black, is there a way to set your account to that, because we know it automatically picks black as the default, there is no other color the program tosses out at random.
I'd like to know the answer to that , too. I hate default, common black font but I get tired of manually inputting my preferred fonts and color.:o

Eadwine knew very well what she meant - she was just pointing out that many of us find alternative fonts and colours difficult to read and dropping a very heavy hint that black/standard font is easiest to read and most considerate towards other members.

OK I'm not understanding this. Make a bookmark where? Will this make everything go to black and the standard font or just text in posts? I don't mind off colors and fonts in siggies. I just want to be able to read posts in black and the standard font. My eyes are so exhausted and strained by the end of the day and some nights I can barely read posts that aren't standard before I go to bed. Actually I had to skip several posts that I wanted to read last night due to this. Interesting colors and fonts do not make my reading easier. They often make it impossible.

Carolyn - Gumball managed to explain how to do this this in another thread in a way that even I could understand :p
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=918091&postcount=28

Once you have the bookmark set up, you just click on it and it turns all text to standard black :cheer:

In answer to your question, it does remove colour/font formatting from signatures as well that has been formatted using BB code . (Your own signature has obviously been done using an image editing package and saved as an entire image, because I can see your purple script font even after applying the bookmark).

You seem to have to do it for each new viewing of a page though (unless I'm doing it wrong?)

Carolyn
March 29th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Thanks Tabs! I'll check that thread out this afternoon when I have a bit more time.

I did my siggy in a picture editing program I had on my old laptop. I didn't know how to deal with the "3 line" thing other than to make the whole siggy on my computer and save it to photobucket.

Minahs
June 7th, 2017, 02:05 AM
test test test

potsie
September 3rd, 2017, 04:55 PM
today im feeling slate gray :o