PDA

View Full Version : Short Bangs / Fringe

kellinaturalmom
March 31st, 2012, 10:39 PM
Anyone out there have short bangs or fringe with long hair? My hair is around BSL and I just cut my bangs pretty short. Like this...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j356/kellinaturalmommy/01-10audrey4.jpg

I'll post a picture when my camera battery is charged if anyone cares to see. I would love to see pictures of anyone who would like to share their short bangs!

sycamoreboutiqu
March 31st, 2012, 11:54 PM
Hmm, yes I also have shortish bangs - not heavy like Audrey's but short nonetheless. I just don't care for the look of my forehead totally bare for some reason. It just seems to need a bit of fringe - why I don't know. Don't have a high forehead or anything.

I think it may help if the bangs aren't cut back real far into the hair, ie: not a good chunk of the front part of your head. it seems less of a line of demarcation between the long and short sections.

I don't have a pic showing my bangs - I don't think. Most pics are taken from the back. I keep the bangs texturized by razoring off small sections just about weekly. This keeps them light and not laying down flat. Rest of hair is hip / tailbone.

TheMechaGinger
March 31st, 2012, 11:55 PM
A friend of mine in high school did this and they looked beautiful on her! She was actually inspired by Audrey Hepburn to try it

C_Bookworm
April 1st, 2012, 08:07 PM
I have fairly thick, blunt bangs and TBL length hair. I sort of rotate between sideswept and blunt. Every time I decide to grow them out, it never lasts more than a couple months. My head just feels a little too naked and plain without them.

barely.there
April 1st, 2012, 08:33 PM
think of the hairstyle Kiera Knightly wore in Pride and Predjudice. I loved her fringe!!!!!

turtlelover
April 1st, 2012, 09:01 PM
I loved Kiera Knightly's bangs in that movie, too. Mine are cut further back than that now (recent mistake) but I plan to grow them out to look pretty much like hers.

jessa
April 1st, 2012, 09:05 PM
Just last week I had short side bangs cut. I had been growing them out for 2 years and once they got past chin length, I decided I looked better with them. I am currently at BSL

stew
April 1st, 2012, 10:49 PM
I want to try having no bangs until it's long, and then I'll decide whether I want bangs or not. I feel like I look better with bangs, but we'll see! The plan right now is to eventually cut bangs.

DragonFlyPie
April 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
I have short, kind of blunt cut bangs, that sit just above my eyebrows (when I can keep up with the trims! LOL) and the rest of my hair is very long layers, reaching my waist/hips.

This is one of the pictures that inspired me to cut my bangs short.
link (http://www.sessionmagazine.com/img/music/nelly-furtado/nelly-furtado04.jpg)

And this:
link (http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/30577075/Nelly+Furtado+Say+It+Right.png)

I used to have no bangs, just long layers, with shortest layer between shoulder & chin length maybe. The bangs are a lot cuter i think.

I think, for me, have no bangs just made my hair seem way too blah & overpowering. Like it would just hang there lifeless. LOL The bangs seem to give it more spunk & attitude. I can let the length grow out without feeling like i'm drowning in too much hair.

kellinaturalmom
April 2nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
I wear my hair up so often... I think bangs make it look more soft, and not as plain.

GlennaGirl
April 2nd, 2012, 10:55 AM
I love a nice Audrey Hepburn-esque fringe. :inlove:

jacqueline101
April 2nd, 2012, 12:06 PM
Mine are pixie style bangs with the side trellis deals on the side they're just below my brow. They're sort of thick but not real thick.

BrightEyes
April 2nd, 2012, 12:17 PM
I love bangs:crush: I have longer side-swept bangs, but blunt thicker bangs are adorable too.

kellinaturalmom
April 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Ok so I hate my stupid short bangs.

healormor
April 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
Ok so I hate my stupid short bangs.

Aww, that's sort of a bummer. Hopefully after getting used to dealing with them for a week or two, you'll get past the learning curve and enjoy how they look on you.

afu
April 3rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
oh dear, i hope you learn to love your fringe. I've always had a fringe (except for a few years in primary school where i grew it out then had it re-cut). I like it because it frames by face a bit and when i have my hair up i like to still have some hair on show (if you know what i mean). I can't stand what i look like without it now. It is annoying trying to stop it going wind with the weather though!!

Auni
May 21st, 2015, 06:39 AM
Just reviving the thread! Recently I cut my bangs after growing them for a couple months. They were at the tip of my nose and now they're just above my eyebrows. I've had bangs since I was about 10? They've become part of who I am and I just love them!

arr
May 21st, 2015, 08:45 AM
I love my bangs too, but they're not exactly short though. If you look up Francoise Hardy, those are my bangs. I absolutely love what they do for updos. I dont know if i could go no bangs with long hair that is always up. If i ever cut my hair short enough to wear down then i may grow out my bangs. But then on the other hand, bangs look great with shorter hair too! Im probably bangs for life.

radiofreejenn
May 21st, 2015, 08:53 AM
I was just about to make a thread about bangs and who has them. I want to cut mine back in but I'm not sure how to do it with my side growing back in shorter. I love blunt bangs. Maybe I could do side swept until the side grows longer.

Auni
May 21st, 2015, 08:53 AM
I love my bangs too, but they're not exactly short though. If you look up Francoise Hardy, those are my bangs. I absolutely love what they do for updos. I dont know if i could go no bangs with long hair that is always up. If i ever cut my hair short enough to wear down then i may grow out my bangs. But then on the other hand, bangs look great with shorter hair too! Im probably bangs for life.

Yep! Bangs for life! I always cut mine on the short side, I like them shorter. I also let them grow a little so I get some variation, but I can't stand them when they get past my eyebrows! There's nothing worse then hair in my eyes, to me.:o I do love the look you rock though!

arr
May 21st, 2015, 09:02 AM
Thank you Auni! Honestly ive just grown used to it. To me the most annoying part is that to keep them at the perfect eyelash skimming length i have to trim them no less than every two weeks. I do it myself though and its fast; through trial and error over the years I've perfected my technique.

Betazed
May 21st, 2015, 11:20 AM
I absolutely love the short, blunt, "Betty Paige"-type bangs. I love they way they look, but not on me. I've had mine cut that way many times, trying to make myself like them on my face. However, I never think they look good .I have a very round face and blunt bangs make me look like a chubby 8 yr old. I usually rock the side swept bangs. Except in the warmer months, I let them grow long so they're easier to tie up and keep off my face. I overheat very easily and I don't like the look or feel of sweaty hair stuck to my forehead. I'll get them cut again once summer is over. Like others have said, bangs 4 life!