PDA

View Full Version : Guess its back to silicones for me!

Long_hair_bear
March 31st, 2012, 07:48 PM
I don't know if some of you remember, but I posted a thread about a month back about having knots only around my earline and not at my ends. I tried going cone free for months, but it looks like it'll be an uphill battle to get my hair to accept it. Finally, I gave in thursday and bought some HE long term relationship as recommended by Torrin Paige and many others. Wow! No more earline tangles (or any at all for that matter) and very soft, smell good hair! Looks like its back to cones or this gal!

AnqeIicDemise
March 31st, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hey, whatever works for you.. that's my motto! I like the slippiness of cones but I *hate, hate* how oily and heavy my hair gets. 9-9 Oh well..

Yay for giving your hair the TLC it needs!

MissHair
March 31st, 2012, 07:51 PM
I went back to cones too. I tried conefree/sulfate free shampoo and my hair was an absolute mess. I tend to get knots at the back of my neck, nape. I dont know why but I think it's because the hair at the back is alot thinner and more sensitive to friction. Im glad cones work for you. They work for me aswell so I don't see a reason why I should quit. I just got the idea if was bad for you because many have stopped using them.

Maelyssa
March 31st, 2012, 08:14 PM
Glad you're enjoying the LTR. It's definitely a coney product worth using. Good luck!

Long_hair_bear
April 1st, 2012, 06:54 AM
I went back to cones too. I tried conefree/sulfate free shampoo and my hair was an absolute mess. I tend to get knots at the back of my neck, nape. I dont know why but I think it's because the hair at the back is alot thinner and more sensitive to friction. Im glad cones work for you. They work for me aswell so I don't see a reason why I should quit. I just got the idea if was bad for you because many have stopped using them.

Ya I used to get the nots all around my earline and nowhere else... :confused:

I quit cones to help minimize build up, but since my straight hair loves to tangle, there's naught for it.

naturally yours
April 1st, 2012, 08:45 AM
Going cone free isnt for every one just like cones arent for evereyone. Everyone hair is different. we have to do whats works best for our hair. Glad you found what work

PixxieStix
April 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Figuring out what works for your hair is definitely a journey, but once you find that perfect routine, to me anyway it felt like the heavens opening and angels singing, lol! Good for you to know to do what your hair likes! No products or routine are worth it if they don't give you the results you want for your hair.

luxepiggy
April 1st, 2012, 10:55 AM
Welcome back to the 'cone side - 'cones FTW, woo! \(^(oo)^)/

Long_hair_bear
April 1st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Welcome back to the 'cone side - 'cones FTW, woo! \(^(oo)^)/

Lol ya, you and Torrin, who have hair types similar to mine, have convinced me that cones aren't the devil incarnate for my hair type. :cheer:

Shermie Girl
April 1st, 2012, 11:21 AM
Cones rule. Welcome back to conheading. :D

sashinka22
April 1st, 2012, 12:25 PM
i think i am a cone head too. only these shampoo make my hair silky smooth and less tangled. cones rulz! :)
anyone can't avoid these cone serums? i just can't live without them. my hair LOVES em.