PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please!

beautifulending
March 31st, 2012, 07:01 PM
Okay so in June I will be going to help build houses that were destroyed by tornadoes last year. I want to protect my hair from the heat ,tools etc. But I have to wear a hardhat so I will not be able to put it up in a bun, So how do I protect it from damage?? :confused:

Laylah
March 31st, 2012, 07:04 PM
Single or double braids would be great for that.

Miss Catrina
March 31st, 2012, 07:24 PM
Flatter buns might work. You could maybe try a french twist, cover it in a scarf, and then wear the hard hat.

barely.there
March 31st, 2012, 07:25 PM
to protect your hair from the hardhat, wear a handkerchief overtop. that should keep your roots covered. :)

jacqueline101
March 31st, 2012, 07:42 PM
I would say a flat bun or a braid there are hard hat liners. You can buy at the local farm stores.

Rilig
March 31st, 2012, 08:29 PM
Elizabethan Hair taping?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbAdvL8kME

Melanie Marie
March 31st, 2012, 10:23 PM
Heidi braids? I've never worn a hard hat before, so I don't know if there would be anything to prevent you from doing those...:confused:

Emy Sue
March 31st, 2012, 11:23 PM
Two french braids, wrapped into a pair of buns at the nape of the neck. You can spray some heat protectant spray on it, and there are some that have SPF for your hair. Don't recall the name off hand, though. Good luck, and I am proud of you for helping victims of natural disasters. I wish more people could be like you!

luckyshot
March 31st, 2012, 11:44 PM
I wear a hardhat every day for work, and I usually do a dutch braid, or sometimes a low bun at the nape of my neck. I don't think heidi braids or the hair taping would end up being very comfortable, since the suspension part of the hardhat is meant to be tight to your head.

fridgee
April 1st, 2012, 04:04 AM
How about the oval bun? It sits nice and flat against the back of your head/nape of your neck and would keep your ends protected.

Amanah
April 1st, 2012, 04:47 AM
sounds like braids are a good way to go. if any hair is still showing would it be a good idea to put some sort or oil or sunscreen on it?

CitznMag
April 1st, 2012, 07:58 AM
I wear a hardhat and a bun at the nape works just fine.

heidi w.
April 1st, 2012, 10:08 AM
You can form a regular ole bun low on the back of the head and wear a bandana over your hair before you put on the hard hat. I used to bun all of my hair and wrap all my hair up in a bandana so that its all wrapped up and covered.

You can also braid and cover with a bandana.

Good Luck. I hope you have fun. You will surely be exposed to a lot of different things, such as how government systems work and how truly poor a person can really be, and how hard it is to be poor.

It's bad enough to be poor without all the judgment the world likes to dish out, and some of it is warranted in some circumstances, sadly. I rather doubt that it is in the case of a family that lost its home in a tornado.

heidi w.