PDA

View Full Version : Eating oily fish for hair growth

stew
March 31st, 2012, 05:03 PM
I have recently added fish to my regular diet. I eat sardines or kippers on toast 3 to 4 times a week, and I have noticed remarkable growth and a change in the fullness and shine of my hair. Has anyone else tried this, and what results did you see (if any)?

Viscountess
March 31st, 2012, 05:36 PM
I eat salmon once a week, but I like your idea of adding sardines on toast too!

My hair is doing very well but I think its a combination of all the good things I'm doing plus the fish!

longhairedleah
March 31st, 2012, 06:25 PM
well, a lot of people seem to take fish oil as a supplements. maybe the boost in omega 3s and 6s helped your body out in general, and now your hair can get some extra attention? :)

caadam
March 31st, 2012, 07:46 PM
Anchovies are also a great way to get those awesome fish oils! I know they're salty, and some people can't handle it, but if you can, then go for it. What I usually do is make a burrito with lentils/homemade refried beans, Greek plain yogurt (sour cream alternative), hummus, the anchovies, arugula leaves, lemon, and olive oil. Kinda messy, but soooo good. Can barely taste the anchovies that way. :D

Kaelee
March 31st, 2012, 09:08 PM
My mom eats a ton of fish and her hair growth is INCREDIBLE. I don't know for sure but at one point, it had to be close to two inches a month. Her hair went from about APL or maybe BSL to WAIST in 6 months...and told me she'd cut off several inches! (I don't see my mom a lot so I was completely shocked...and jealous!)

I'm not making this up, that's the scary part. I don't think everyone would get those sorts of results, but hers are impressive!