PDA

View Full Version : Help with massive tangles

Safira
March 31st, 2012, 01:39 AM
I need some help now. Yesterday I went to party, so I used blow-dry. At party my hair was smooth and shiny but now, itīs huge tangle-nest. Iīm not talking about few tangles, my hair is like nest, all tangled. I tried to fingercomb it and used leave-in, no it didnīt work. I couldnīt get my fingers throw. My hair feels so dry and it made snaps, I think some hair broke when I tried to detangle it.

I was afraid to use comb so I mixed avocado-oil and conditioner and put it in damp hair. Maybe this will help, Iīll try to finger-comb my hair after a while.

What do you do when your hair gets this wild? Whatīs your secret weapon with tangle-nest?

Thank you for help =)

Ishje
March 31st, 2012, 01:50 AM
I usually get in the shower, throw in a massive amount of conditioner and start to comb it out.
first with my fingers and then with a tangle teezer.
I rinse out the conditioner and then start over again, until my hair is smooth.

but, most people are against combing their hair when wet, so I am not sure if this would work for you.

malin_798
March 31st, 2012, 02:00 AM
Take a shower and do a deep treatment, before the conditioner. Then, use lots and lots of conditioner. Let the hair air-dry and see if it gets easier to detangle. Don't forget to use some leave in on your hair too! :) I think your hair is just dry from the blow-drying. Good luck!

Nera
March 31st, 2012, 02:12 AM
I would also step in the shower and use a lot of conditioner and (almond) oil. Start at the ends, as far as you can find any.

I'm about to do the same, since I've been wearing my hair down for four days now.

caiti42
March 31st, 2012, 03:00 AM
Conditioner is the shower and comb through. Loads of conditioner!

afu
March 31st, 2012, 03:08 AM
What i would do is apply a mixture of oil (coconut/amla mix in my case) and deep conditioner to damp hair. leave it for an hour or so (or as long as you can), rinse in the shower then condition again whilst very gently finger-combing. If my hair gets really tangled i do this, i don't even consider attempting to do anything to it in its current dry state. Good luck :)

Safira
March 31st, 2012, 04:01 AM
Thank you!! I followed your advice, I went to shower and used tons of Pantene Ice Shine and combed. It worked, now my hair is air-drying without tangles.
Thank you ladies :toast:

afu
March 31st, 2012, 04:10 AM
Thank you!! I followed your advice, I went to shower and used tons of Pantene Ice Shine and combed. It worked, now my hair is air-drying without tangles.
Thank you ladies :toast:

yay :) glad you're all sorted. I used to totally panic if my hair got mega tangled thinking id have to cut the whole lot off, its amazing what some conditioner, oil and gentle handling can do

Madora
March 31st, 2012, 08:30 AM
Now that you have experienced how awful massive tangling can be, I sincerely hope you understand that you need to be proactive with your hair and wear it in a way that will keep the tangling to a minimum.

If you wear it down, then check it every few hours to make sure the tangles are not getting the upper hand. This is especially true if you have hair that tangles easily.

lillikins
March 31st, 2012, 09:11 AM
I usually get in the shower, throw in a massive amount of conditioner and start to comb it out.
first with my fingers and then with a tangle teezer.
I rinse out the conditioner and then start over again, until my hair is smooth.

but, most people are against combing their hair when wet, so I am not sure if this would work for you.

This. ^^ Probably the best thing to do in your situation. :3

Quetiepi
March 31st, 2012, 09:27 AM
Now that you have experienced how awful massive tangling can be, I sincerely hope you understand that you need to be proactive with your hair and wear it in a way that will keep the tangling to a minimum.

If you wear it down, then check it every few hours to make sure the tangles are not getting the upper hand. This is especially true if you have hair that tangles easily.

This is very good advise! Don't let it get tangled in the first place.