PDA

View Full Version : Any mainstream brand sulfate free shampoos?

khrystyne572
March 30th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I'm thinking on trying some sulfate free products because I think sulfates in my hair products may be the cause of some of my skin problems ( slight acne)

I looked at the list here at sulfate free shampoos and was dismayed to see that most are online only or only available at expensive shops like Ulta. I'm used to just picking up suave or something at Wal-mart. - easy and cheap you know?
Do any of the mainstream companies ( like Suave, Dove, ect) have sulfate free products?

Miss Catrina
March 30th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Aveeno, Loreal, Burt's Bees, and I believe Garnier all have sulfate-free shampoos.

khrystyne572
March 30th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Hmm ok. Loreal isn't too expensive I guess.

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Hmm ok. Loreal isn't too expensive I guess.

Just be careful, some of the naturals line has lots of heavy waxy products in them, i used the naturals line ONCE and got bad nasty build up, some others on here have too. Maybe try their smooth line that is silicone free? it might be light? I think john frieda has a SLS free line? I even saw one by marc anthony for curls, it is a bit pricier and avaliable at CVS, i like their curl enhancing products a lot.

AnqeIicDemise
March 30th, 2012, 10:02 PM
vidal sasoon is also sls free.

Darkessa
March 30th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I highly recommend Pureology.
It is a bit pricey... But I can buy it from my local Bi-Mart, and I dont use shampoo too often. I find it to be worth it.

AnqeIicDemise
March 30th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Just be careful, some of the naturals line has lots of heavy waxy products in them, i used the naturals line ONCE and got bad nasty build up, some others on here have too. Maybe try their smooth line that is silicone free? it might be light? I think john frieda has a SLS free line? I even saw one by marc anthony for curls, it is a bit pricier and avaliable at CVS, i like their curl enhancing products a lot.

I never tried their conditioner but the shampoo that smelled like myhrr was fantastic. And since I CWC and have conditioners that I know already work with me, the combo was amazing. Too bad I'm broke and can't afford anything more expensive than wo or three bucks. >.<

zombi
March 30th, 2012, 10:16 PM
At least in my town, you can find Burt's Bees products in stores like Walmart. Burt's Bees Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo is SLS free. L'Oreal EverPure line is also. Alba Botanica Plumeria Replenishing Hair Wash is SLS free, I have seen this in Targets. I think Target also carries "Kiss My Face" brand, and Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo is SLS free for sure.... I think that Suave Coconut one is, too?

Buddaphlyy
March 30th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I think all of the L'Oreal Ever_____ shampoos are sulfate free. I've never tried them, but I heard Burt's Bee shampoos are sulfate free as well. I also think the Tressemme Naturals don't have sulfates either. The only sulfate free shampoo I've tried that I like is called Shea Moisture Moisture Retention shampoo.

All the products I mentioned can be purchased at Target or Walgreens.

ETA: I think the Yes to _____ shampoos are sulfate free too

Amethyste
March 30th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Giovanni is sulfate free... Awesome Shampoo and conditioner. THat's all I use on my hair.

Maelyssa
March 31st, 2012, 03:27 PM
Tresem me Naturals is low sulfate but not totally sulfate free. You can definitely find Burt's Bee's just about everywhere these days as well as Giovanni which I'm finishing up the Giovanni right now but not thrilled with the results so I'm looking for a new sulfate free shampoo myself. I think it may be Burt's Bees or Alba Botanical both of which are in Walmart. I don't think Suave has any sulfate free shampoos but I'll check it out and if they have one I'll report back.

swearnsue
March 31st, 2012, 03:34 PM
There are two different kinds of sulfates. The second word of the ingredient is Laurel or Laureth and the laureth is milder than the laurel. Also, whichever you use be sure to dilute it and then rinse out really well. That should help with breakouts while you find a shampoo you like.

door72067
March 31st, 2012, 03:51 PM
Renpure Organics is in Walgreen's, Rite-Aid and CVS

justgreen
March 31st, 2012, 03:54 PM
I lovelovelove L'oreal Everpure products. Been using both the shampoo and conditioner (Moisture) for over a year.

Kristin
March 31st, 2012, 04:27 PM
I really love Giovanni 50/50 shampoo. It is sold at WalMart with the natural products.

Talula
March 31st, 2012, 05:04 PM
I think Organix is sulfate-free... I find it at CVS, & I think Rite Aid & Walgreens. And a lot of grocery stores.

http://www.drugstore.com/organix-shampoo-smoothing-shea-butter/qxp193414?catid=47490&fromsrch=organix

turtlelover
March 31st, 2012, 05:08 PM
I just started using Loreal Evercreme not long ago, and I LOOOOOVE it so far. It lathers well, a little goes a long way, and the smell is wonderful.

Aliped
March 31st, 2012, 05:42 PM
I love Tresseme naturals low sulfate shampoo. It does have something in it, but its my favorite and its good enough for me. I also dilute it by 50&#37;, so it lasts a long time (is cheap) and I can buy it almost everywhere.

JellyBene
March 31st, 2012, 07:44 PM
I tried the Renpure Organics sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, it smells amazing and works well too! I do CO now and the conditioner works for that too

XcaliburGirl
March 31st, 2012, 07:47 PM
I use the L'Oreal EverSleek Intense Smoothing shampoo. I liked the EverStrong, too, but the EverSleek is better for my thick hair.

TiffanieJean
April 21st, 2012, 01:59 PM
I really love Giovanni. I did a blog post (on my LHC blog) about the Root 66 Max Volume version. They have a couple differnt versions sold at Walmart, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Giovanni is by far the best SLS free shampoo I have found. Both the conditioner and shampoo also have NO phthalates, artificial fragrance, dyes or parabens and are 100% organic. :inlove:

earthnut
April 24th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Nature's Gate shampoos are sulfate free and were the cheapest sulfate free 'poo at my supermarket.

NaiadOreiad
April 24th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Desert Essences!!! I was using ghassoul and then swtiched to desert essences (the apple and ginger shampoo, coconut conditioner) and now it has becone the only thing DH and GF will use on their hair!