PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin E Oil - Would you use?

swearnsue
March 30th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I found a small bottle of Vitamin E oil in the bathroom cabinet and I was wondering if it would be good to add to my hair oil that I use before shampooing. It smells OK. What do you guys think? I don't know how old it is, I don't even remember buying it but it has a sale price sticker of $1.00. Yep, that's how I roll!:cheese:

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I don't know if vitamin e has a shelf life? If its alright, why not try it? just, its very sticky so mix it with a slippery conditioner.

Miss Catrina
March 30th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I'd be worried about how thick and sticky it is. I'd save it for skin.

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I'd be worried about how thick and sticky it is. I'd save it for skin.

I have read that mixed with conditioner, it is great for hair? Maybe instead of pre shampoo oiling try mixing it with your conditioner?

PixxieStix
March 30th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Vitamin E is used as an anti-oxidant in many products, I would assume it has a long shelf life. Give it a whirl!

AnqeIicDemise
March 30th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Vitamin E is used as an anti-oxidant in many products, I would assume it has a long shelf life. Give it a whirl!

Smell it first. If it smells stale... and you'll know if its stale... don't use it anymore. :D

midsummernight
March 30th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I have it mixed with my coconut oil. Its ok for hair, I havent noticed anything great in terms of growth. But my skin loves it. I use it on my scars to fade them.

Nedertane
March 30th, 2012, 11:35 PM
I use it on both my skin and hair, and I've liked it on both places. It can be a bit thick, similar to the consistency of olive oil. Because of this, I prefer to use it as a deep treatment when on it's own, and since you have fine hair like I do, that may work better for you. I haven't tried mixing it with my regular conditioner or shampoo, but I have it mixed in with my own homemade light and sprayable moisture treatment, and the mixture has felt great (even if it is technically a work in progress)!

Hope I've helped! :D

janeytilllie
March 30th, 2012, 11:50 PM
I've tried Vit E on my hair. You need only half a capsule. It is a very thick oil and alittle goes along way. It is very simular to olive oil heaviness.

I believe Vit E has a long long self life.

I'v noticed alot of natural conditoners add this
ingredient to add longer shelf life :) Aubrey Organics does
http://www.aubreyorganicsuk.co.uk/ingredient/48767/403/tocopheryl-acetate/

So if it doesn't stink. I think it will be safe to use :D

It made my hair shiny but alittle oiliy, you need alittle bit.

Good luck

Amber_Maiden
March 31st, 2012, 08:47 AM
No, I wouldn't use it on my hair.

swearnsue
March 31st, 2012, 03:03 PM
Thank you everyone for your advice!

Carolyn
March 31st, 2012, 03:10 PM
As others have said, as long as it smell OK, it's OK to use. I use it in my OCM mix.

ratgirldjh
March 31st, 2012, 03:34 PM
You could try it on your ends! I find that a thicker oil makes it easier for me to take a tiny drop and concentrate on the ends!