PDA

View Full Version : Is your hair in your last wishes?

NowsTheTime
March 30th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I have told my kids that when I pass, I want my hair donated somewhere where someone living can get some use out of it.

Have you thought about it or made any plans for your hair or do you plan on taking it with you?

Darkessa
March 30th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I'm definitely going to take it with me.

I want all of me to be cremated, put into a special fertilized and seeded urn thing, then planted.
I will become a tree!

jojo
March 30th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Ive told my daughters they can have a braid each to remember me by!

white.chocolate
March 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I've never thought about it specifically till now, but my answer is quick. I'll be cremated with my hair because that's simply a part of me, too.

Bedhead
March 30th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Honestly, it hadn't even occurred to me. Something to think about....

Madora
March 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I'm taking it with me too!

Amber_Maiden
March 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM
never thought about it...

NowsTheTime
March 30th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I love the tree idea! I found a place that will bury you with just a blanket and that's what I had planned on. But wow, if I could become a tree instead of just fertilizing one! lol

Darkessa
March 30th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I love the tree idea! I found a place that will bury you with just a blanket and that's what I had planned on. But wow, if I could become a tree instead of just fertilizing one! lol

Yeah! I saw it somewhere randomly on the internet and thought it was absolutely amazing.
They put you in a biodegradable urn with fertilizer and seeds, then you just turn into a tree!!!
With the way my life is looking now, it looks like I will be able to be a tree on my Fiances family property that we will inherit.
Then our childrens childrens childrens children will be able to climb me! :cheese:

aster66
March 30th, 2012, 10:55 AM

I want all of me to be cremated, put into a special fertilized and seeded urn thing, then planted.
I will become a tree!

This is such a cool idea!

angelshair
March 30th, 2012, 12:03 PM

I will become a tree!

Ok, THIS! Wow, that's the most amazing idea! I wanna be a tree too!!

littleizz
March 30th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Huh - I hadn't thought about it! After I die I give my family full permission to use whatever parts of me they need to help other people. I'd actually request it. I guess I always thought of that as orgrans, but I guess they can have my hair, too. I'm gonna get a new body one day anyway :)

melusine963
March 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM
My family/friends can do what they want with it. I won't be around to care.

Aveyronnaise
March 30th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Ive told my daughters they can have a braid each to remember me by!

I have my mother's braid , her hair was so beautiful to me for my whole life and we always said for me to take it when she died . So I did, she had gorgeous honey blonde ringlets.

Long_hair_bear
March 30th, 2012, 01:04 PM

I will become a tree!

Omg, the wood elf in me just had a nerdagasm! I so want that done too! :D

As for my hair though, I want parts of it cut off and given to my father and hubby.

Freckled.Thing
March 30th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I had never thought about that but I think it's a great idea. I'm willing to donate all my organs once I don't need them anymore, so why not my hair? I have no sentimental attachment to any part of my body after I'm dead so I'm just donating the whole thing to science.

littleizz
March 30th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I had never thought about that but I think it's a great idea. I'm willing to donate all my organs once I don't need them anymore, so why not my hair? I have no sentimental attachment to any part of my body after I'm dead so I'm just donating the whole thing to science.I've got no problem with letting people use my hair and organs, but I've got a husband in med school and know what bored 20-something gross anatomy students do to cadavers. I'd really like to say that I'm not at all concerned to what happens with my vehicle once I'm gone, but science can't have me!!! Plus, knowing that they could see my face somehow really bothers me. Yeesh.

PixxieStix
March 30th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I'm an organ donor with my body set aside to be donate to science, unless my SO or children feel strongly about having me cremated instead, then I'd totally do the biodegradable urn thing! As for the hair, you better believe it'll be coming with me!