PDA

View Full Version : Confusing hair measurements...

BlackfootHair
July 24th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Well, I'm a bit beyond confused. I was trying to figure out my hair growth rate based on my old posts. I marked down these events in my calendar, and will try to very simply explain them. (I'm not very good at "simple". :rolleyes: )

March 30th: Bleached hair. :scared:
March 31st: Colored hair brown, permanently.
June 2nd: Reported one inch natural color showing. (this would
indicate 1/2 inch a month; "normal")
June 30th: Hennaed at night, went to bed with it on.
July 1st: Rinsed henna out.
July 24th: Measured 3/8 inch virgin color. (three weeks since
henna, 1/8 inch a week apparently-"normal")

July 24th: Also measured from roots to start of black hair (where I
missed with bleach.) Measured 2-5/8inches.

Up to June 2nd I had "normal 1/2 in. per month" growth. From July 1st to now, July 24, I apparently have "normal 1/2 in. per month" growth.

But somewhere between June 2nd, and June 30th....I gained 6/8ths inch. :confused: I'm not complaining by any means...but I'm highly confused...Is it because I worked out? I should be at 1-7/8ths in., but am at 2-5/8ths inch. Um...any ideas??

Shanarana
July 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I vote for the cheese.....lol.....thought that was a funny choice. :)

rockkcor
July 24th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I voted - 'I measured wrong'.
:)
I have no idea - it grows best when one is patient...
I am trying some vitamines now and some oil with AD vitamines in it and so on...
But really I think that it is patience after all
:)

jojo
July 24th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I get 3 different figures when I measure, so obviously:whistle: i go with the longest!

Love your new siggi by the way!:)

BlackfootHair
July 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah...at least it's getting 1/2inch a month! I would be sad if it was less!

vidgrl007
July 24th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I never measure because i always get a different measurment and get the urge to cut so i choose cheese:cheese:.

paper
July 25th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I voted for summer spurt. I got my hair trimmed earlier this month, an inch. And, my hair feels longer then it did before trim. :hmm:

Curlsgirl
July 25th, 2008, 12:42 PM
I voted cheese cuz I can never measure right :D

But congratulations!!! :cheese:

dor3girl
July 25th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Am I the only one here who had more growth because of exercise!? Maybe I used to eat more junkfood...?

PseudoScot
July 25th, 2008, 01:47 PM
It's likely because growth is never a static measurement, hair doesn't grow a half inch and then just decide to quit for the month. Variance is normal and there could be any number of reasons for it [including human error]. I wouldn't worry too much about the 'why' and just go with it. :-)

Adrienne
July 25th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I put that I measured wrong.

I WISH my hair would grow faster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackfootHair
July 25th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah...I'm going to keep up with the vitamins, water, and try to exercise more. I can already feel it getting longer. When I'm in the shower and lean my head over sometimes I feel my hair on my shoulders...something that hasn't happened in a while! :D

Nevermore
July 25th, 2008, 10:29 PM
You might have had a growth spurt or measured wrong, but I'm commenting primarily to say that you are really, really pretty! Your sig pic smile is gorgeous :)

BlackfootHair
July 29th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Ah thanks! :)

zen_oven
July 29th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I voted for cheese. :cheese:

Okay, I'll clarify--I find the measurements kind of confusing and not terribly useful. My hair is mostly wavy, but with curls that turn up at the ends and quite a few spirals. I just don't feel like the measurements give me an accurate picture. So I've decided to just get hubby to take a photo of me once a month and see if there's a noticeable different. Your hair looks less curly than mine in your sig photo, so you may have a bit better luck, but photos may help too.

zen_oven
July 29th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Oops! I apologize, I thought the second poster's photo was yours! It's been a long day. . .

lolar
January 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I measured wrong