PDA

View Full Version : Treseme Split End condiitioner

kmoc123
March 29th, 2012, 06:42 PM
WoW!!! VERY slippery...my hair loves this stuff!!! Have you tried it?

Anje
March 29th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Ingredients:
Water , Cetyl Alcohol , Amodimethicone , Cyclopentasiloxane , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Tocopheryl Acetate , Panthenol , Ascorbic Acid , Niacinamide , Biotin , Polyquaternium-28 , Polyquaternium-37 , Cyclohexasiloxane , Glycerin , Dimethicone , Aspartic Acid , Distearoylethyl Dimonium Chloride , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride , Acrylamide Copolymer , PVM , MA Copolymer , PPG-1 Trideceth-6 , Disodium EDTA , Polysorbate 20 , DMDM Hydantoin , Fragrance

Lots of silicones, polyquats. Yeah, that would be slippery!
(I'll pass, since both proteins and silicones tend to be undesirable for my hair. YMMV, of course!)

ancilla
March 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM
from the tresemme website:
Formulated with Innovative Reconstructing Complex, it actually repairs up to 80% of split ends in just three uses and keeps working to fix damage and bind splits as they occur. With continued use, the salon-quality formula continues to bind split ends for a smooth look that lasts. *

I don't get how this is possible. I understood that a split end's only remedy was to be snipped off. How can they be 'repaired' ?

Hypnotica
March 30th, 2012, 06:50 AM
from the tresemme website:
Formulated with Innovative Reconstructing Complex, it actually repairs up to 80% of split ends in just three uses and keeps working to fix damage and bind splits as they occur. With continued use, the salon-quality formula continues to bind split ends for a smooth look that lasts. *

I don't get how this is possible. I understood that a split end's only remedy was to be snipped off. How can they be 'repaired' ?

http://thebeautybrains.com/2012/02/01/hair-repair-new-technology-really-works/

rock007junkie
March 30th, 2012, 07:08 AM
http://thebeautybrains.com/2012/02/01/hair-repair-new-technology-really-works/

Oh wow! Interesting artice. I thought mending split ends was scientifically impossible.

Hypnotica
March 30th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Oh wow! Interesting artice. I thought mending split ends was scientifically impossible.

I don't think the effect is permanent but it should prevent splits from travelling between trims anyway.

jojo
March 30th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Ive been wanting to try this, no only scissors can get rid of split ends but some products can seal the split to make it look and feel better. It sounds a lovely product!

Mithgarthsormr
March 31st, 2012, 01:50 PM
Repairing split ends with tons of silicone is neither innovative nor really working.
It's just glueing your split ends until the stuff is washed out.

If your hair likes it, it could help protecting your ends but it could also damage your hair by not letting in nutrition.
Maybe you should use it sometimes but not everytime?

Tia2010
March 31st, 2012, 02:16 PM
If your hair likes it, it could help protecting your ends but it could also damage your hair by not letting in nutrition.

That's what I was thinking...It may be good for sealing the splits temporarily between trims, and making your hair look better...but wouldn't it also seal out moisture from getting in the hair? That seems worse for your hair in the long run. :shrug:

julliams
April 2nd, 2012, 12:29 AM
The article mentions that the hair was blowdried to achieve the "gluing" of the hair. Would this mean that each split end needs to receive a certain amount of heat in order for the process to actually work. And also I would think that the next time I wash it, it comes apart and gets reglued again??? Worth a try I guess as I do like Tresemme but I'm not completely convinced.

hanne jensen
April 2nd, 2012, 03:53 AM
Tresomme isn't available in Denmark yet. I use Joico Split Mender. The stuff works. I watched a Y shaped split start to close as it dried. (I know, get a life!). It doesn't repair permanently, nothing will. But, it does prevent further splitting up the hair shaft so the hair can grow down to the hemline and get trimmed. It does prevent the splits tangling and matting as they're glued together. ltogether, I'm very pleased with my Joico conditioner and serum and will continue to use these products. Just remember, the products are a bit coney and your hair will have to be clarified a bit more often.

julliams
April 2nd, 2012, 03:57 AM
I watched a Y shaped split start to close as it dried.

Did you air dry or were you using a blow drier? I'm just wondering what would prevent one hair from "gluing" itself to another hair? I can't get my head around it...

hanne jensen
April 2nd, 2012, 04:03 AM
Tresomme split repair isn't available in Denmark yet. I have been able to buy the Joico Split Mender. It works. I watched a Y shaped split close as it was drying. I don't blow-fry my hair. I also use Joico K pack repair conditioner. Together, they are a miracle.

I know that nothing can repair a split permanently. These products can however stretch trims, resulting in more growth. They do prevent the split from travelling further up the hairshaft.

I use the conditioner and the serum 2 times a week. More isn't necessary. The serum won't glue the split permanently, nor does it claim to.

All in all, I'm very happy with these products and will continue to use them. As soon as the Tresomme is available here in Denmark I'll use that instead as Joico is quite pricey.

Sorry about the double post. When I posted the first time, I got that Sorry you must wait 30 seconds bla, bla, bla. So I just rewrote the post. I don't want to get thrown out of here for deleting an entire post. Apologies.

Julliams, I always air dry. My hairs weren't glued together. It's something about positive and negative ions being attracted to one anothe and the split hair bonding. My hair isn't like a helmet where all the hairs are glued together.

ktani
April 2nd, 2012, 05:49 AM
Tresomme split repair isn't available in Denmark yet. I have been able to buy the Joico Split Mender. It works. I watched a Y shaped split close as it was drying. I don't blow-fry my hair. I also use Joico K pack repair conditioner. Together, they are a miracle.

I know that nothing can repair a split permanently. These products can however stretch trims, resulting in more growth. They do prevent the split from travelling further up the hairshaft.

I use the conditioner and the serum 2 times a week. More isn't necessary. The serum won't glue the split permanently, nor does it claim to.

All in all, I'm very happy with these products and will continue to use them. As soon as the Tresomme is available here in Denmark I'll use that instead as Joico is quite pricey.

Sorry about the double post. When I posted the first time, I got that Sorry you must wait 30 seconds bla, bla, bla. So I just rewrote the post. I don't want to get thrown out of here for deleting an entire post. Apologies.

Julliams, I always air dry. My hairs weren't glued together. It's something about positive and negative ions being attracted to one anothe and the split hair bonding. My hair isn't like a helmet where all the hairs are glued together.

You have the right idea with products like these. From the reviews at makeupalley on all of this type of product, the more they are used the more they build-up and cause more problems.

By using less you are limiting that. The technology is fascinating but the product coats all of the hair, and some of the products can be sticky if heat is not used and cause more tangling and stress. After a while, without clarifying, the hair already weighed down for some people, becomes much harder to manage over time and drier than before, with even more splits and breakage.

ETA: If the products are helping you manage your hair, that is great! Good luck!

pixiestar
April 2nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
My daughter tried it. SHampoo and conditioner it did not work for her:( Her hair did not look any different. She did use up both bottles as well, gave it a decent trial:(

hanne jensen
April 4th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Irony of ironies! Yesterday I was in town and saw Tresomme split repair conditioner, Dove split repair conditioner and Gliss split repair leave in conditioner. 10 days after I bought the expensive Joico. Oh well, I'll try the cheaper products this winter.

tiarefleur
April 14th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I was reading through the comments and someone asked that question. They replied saying that the PEC complex only sticks to the damaged parts of hair inside the split and not to the outside...still a bit skeptical though, lol