PDA

View Full Version : 1 year pixie-growing anniversary!

Kwongdzu
March 29th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I can't believe it's been a year! I haven't had my hair this long in about 10 years--maybe longer?--and I never could have made it this far without you guys, and especially the Super-Shorties :)

I've had about 3 trims along the way and hope to make it to Dec before having to trim again.

I have no idea how to insert pics here, but there's some in my album - thanks again LHC!

oktobergoud
March 29th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Congrats! We're in the same boat, have been growing out a pixie for a year now as well! ;) It was definitely a pain.. but you have had some amazing progress!! Great growth! Did you trim the mullet?

PixxieStix
March 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Oooo, what nice progress, and your hair is looking great. :) Just think of how much longer it'll feel this time next year!

caadam
March 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM
CONGRATS! :D Your hair is very pretty!

Kwongdzu
March 29th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Thank you so much everyone! It was / is a pain, but definitely gets better with time. I didn't trim the mullet until maybe 7 months or so? I just twisted strands up with claw clips and pins while it grew...

jacqueline101
March 29th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Your hair has grown a lot. Its very pretty.

jojo
March 30th, 2012, 08:41 AM
you have come a long way, your hair looks very healthy and well on the way to being long. Well done!

KrystalPixie
April 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
Congrats I am on that mission now :)

Kwongdzu
April 24th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Thanks! Good luck on your journey - I'm proof it can be done!

BrightEyes
April 24th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Congrats! Your hair is looking great, your hemline is so thick:)

KittyBird
April 24th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Great growth, congrats! Your hair looks so pretty :D

Honeyfall
April 24th, 2012, 03:37 PM
How exciting! It really looks healthy, and you've had some great growth! :D

Hyacinth
April 24th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Congratulations - it looks wonderful & I love your color!

Kwongdzu
April 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Thank you all so much!! LHC has been my hair therapy (:

It really does get easier the longer it gets, and being able to put it up in braids, buns etc. And I used to always dye my hair, but I went virgin after the last pixie cut. The no-dye seems to have helped the condition of my hair--I can see baby hairs sprouting on top!

Thanks again everyone, for all the congrats-

Floryda
April 24th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Yaaay! Highfives!
I'm also growing out from a pixie :)

Maelyssa
April 24th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Congratulations and happy growing for another year.

Qadupae
April 24th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Congrats on your anniversary and awesome growth! I can only hope my hair is that long in 1 year ^_^

Cyndeigh
April 24th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Congrats!! I am 7 months into growing out a pixie. I feel right now like it will never get to chin, much less my shoulder. You mentioned "super-shorties". Is there a thread out there for us pixie-growers?? Could use the support.
Congrats again. You look GREAT!

Kwongdzu
April 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Congrats!! I am 7 months into growing out a pixie. I feel right now like it will never get to chin, much less my shoulder. You mentioned "super-shorties". Is there a thread out there for us pixie-growers?? Could use the support.
Congrats again. You look GREAT!

Thank you :)
Hang in there, you can do it too!

And yep, there's a whole thread devoted to pixie (and shorter!) growers. This is the link:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405&highlight=super+shorties

If it doesn't work you can do a google search for super shorties lhc

Good luck in your journey!

ozzy
April 30th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Congrats!!