PDA

View Full Version : Adele is a Water Only!

MeowScat
March 29th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I just read that Adele is a no-poo / WO girl. During an interview she said that she hadn't washed her hair with shampoo for two months.

Then I read the comments under the story and a few people were grossed out. I was so tempted to direct them here. It was nice to also see a few comments saying that they did it too because of sulfates.

I wish I could WO. Oil slick! Even stretching washes hasn't worked for me. Fooey!

Just thought I'd share since her hair is so gorgeous and full. It also mentions that Jessica Simpson does the same.

Maybe they're secret LHCers! Wouldn't that be cool?
:cheese:

kitschy
March 29th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I haven't washed my hair in three years with shampoo. BUT I CO wash. Did Adele say she was WO?

PinkyCat
March 29th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Hmmmmm. I wonder just how many celebs are lurking on this site......

Amber_Maiden
March 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM
That's pretty cool!

Carolyn
March 29th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Now that I know who Adele is, I think that's really a cool thing. I had no idea who this Adele person was until just recently :D It would be great to find out some celebs were hanging out here.

PrairieRose
March 29th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Awesome!!!

Hollyfire3
March 29th, 2012, 02:32 PM
That is SO cool! i wonder if we can make a thread of different celberties and their hair care methods, wish i had the info to dot his for Holly Marie Combs!

xoxophelia
March 29th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Between all the smoking and hair products I think water only could maybe be a little... mmmmm I don't know.

blondie9912
March 29th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Wow, that's awesome! I also wonder how many of my classmates are secret LHC-ers ;)

One girl in a class of mine has the most BEAUTIFUL light brown waist length hair. I remember she dyed it a reddish shade (had to have been semi or demi permanent) last year, and now it appears to be back to her original colour. I suspect honey lightening... :)

einna
March 29th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Really cool, thanks for sharing! :)

rock007junkie
March 29th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Between all the smoking and hair products I think water only could maybe be a little... mmmmm I don't know.

Lol, that was my first thought

caadam
March 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM
It's on Sodahead, too. People are whining left and right about how gross it is. lol

But I put in my two cents, reminding people that we didn't evolve/weren't created with a bottle of shampoo or bar of soap in our hands.

Woods Nymph
March 29th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Since I just looked up who Adele is...that's pretty cool! And from the pictures I've seen, her hair looks great!

It's on Sodahead, too. People are whining left and right about how gross it is. lol

But I put in my two cents, reminding people that we didn't evolve/weren't created with a bottle of shampoo or bar of soap in our hands.

ETA: I tell people that all the time when they cringe at my lack of daily hair washing!

Diamond.Eyes
March 29th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Are you sure she is WO? Her hair always seems to be quite teased and full if hair spray. Maybe she meant she used a cleansing conditioner? I don't think just water could get the tease or the presumably strong hair spray out of her hair...Not to sound rude but in fact I know it wouldn't. :hmm:

holothuroidea
March 29th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Good for her for saying something about it. :)

Ravenwind
March 29th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I kinda find it hard to believe that a celebrity as big as she is doesn't use shampoo o.o but who knows.

caadam
March 29th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Are you sure she is WO? Her hair always seems to be quite teased and full if hair spray. Maybe she meant she used a cleansing conditioner? I don't think just water could get the tease or the presumably strong hair spray out of her hair...Not to sound rude but in fact I know it wouldn't. :hmm:

From what I understand, she washes her hair sometimes with a body gel? But she uses just water every other time. lol I don't know. The information is weird.

holothuroidea
March 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM

If she has thick hair to begin with it is very possible to get that amount of volume on WO without products or teasing. My hair looked about 3x more voluminous on WO.

I did a quick google image search and only two hair styles were suspect. There was one beehive and one seriously teased thing that may or may not have needed some hair spray. But even if you are WO, you can shampoo out some product if you want to have a special hairstyle for one event.

Diamond.Eyes
March 29th, 2012, 06:20 PM
If she has thick hair to begin with it is very possible to get that amount of volume on WO without products or teasing. My hair looked about 3x more voluminous on WO.

I did a quick google image search and only two hair styles were suspect. There was one beehive and one seriously teased thing that may or may not have needed some hair spray. But even if you are WO, you can shampoo out some product if you want to have a special hairstyle for one event.

I don't think so. I don't think she could get as much volume in the hairstyles that she sports without teasing and a little product. There is literally no way to get hair spray our of your hair with just water. She has to use something to clean her hair after such heavy styling or her hair would be very stiff, heavy, flat, and prone to breakage. I don't think hair standing 2-3 inches from the scalp would just be from using the WO method unless she had some heavy layerng in her crown, which she doesn't.

holothuroidea
March 29th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I don't think so. I don't think she could get as much volume in the hairstyles that she sports without teasing and a little product. There is literally no way to get hair spray our of your hair with just water. She has for to use something to clean her hair after such heavy styling or her hair would be very stiff, heavy, flat, and prone to breakage. I don't think hair standing 2-3 inches from the scalp would just be from using the WO method unless she had some heavy layerng in her crown, which she doesn't.

Can you link to a picture of the styles you are referring to? Like I said, when I did the google search I only found two.

ETA: My hair when I was WO stood up at least an inch from the scalp. If my hair was long enough to get it in a top-knot or a pony tail on the top of my head to leave over night, I'm sure I could have gotten 2 inches.

Diamond.Eyes
March 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM
http://0.tqn.com/d/womenshair/1/0/X/E/-/-/Adele.JasonMerritt.jpg
http://www.stylejunkee.com/wp-content/adele%20grammy.jpg (http://www.stylejunkee.com/wp-content/adele%20grammy.jpg)
http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/0829-adele-side-ponytail-2010-vmas_bd.jpg
http://www.themaxonline.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/adele.jpg

I'm on my phone so my options are limited but here is what I mean. :flower:

Hollyfire3
March 29th, 2012, 06:37 PM
http://0.tqn.com/d/womenshair/1/0/X/E/-/-/Adele.JasonMerritt.jpg
http://www.stylejunkee.com/wp-content/adele%20grammy.jpg
http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/0829-adele-side-ponytail-2010-vmas_bd.jpg
http://www.themaxonline.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/adele.jpg

I'm on my phone so my options are limited but here is what I mean. :flower:

Maybe she did just shampoo after those rare days? Also, does WO really give hair volume (considers it)?

holothuroidea
March 29th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Of those I think only the first one would need product. The second one (the grammy photo) could be done on WO without teasing, but the last two wouldn't.

You can back comb and then comb it out without using any shampoo or conditioner. Although, I wouldn't recommend it to a longhair.

Of course this is all just speculation, but she says she's been WO and I want to take her word for it. :)

holothuroidea
March 29th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Maybe she did just shampoo after those rare days? Also, does WO really give hair volume (considers it)?

It did for me. My hair was AWESOME on WO. The only reason I stopped was bad scalp acne, but if I find a solution for that I'm going to give WO another go.

A caveat, it works better for shorter hair. The most common reason that people stop WO is because their ends get dry. ETA: Also it's not for people who like a "sleek" look.

Diamond.Eyes
March 29th, 2012, 06:41 PM

That is true :p! I wish the article would go through her entire hair routine, but of course it does not. And WO is a really great option for anyone who's scalp doesn't produce an excessive amount of sebum. I tried it once for a month and highly disliked it lol.

Hollyfire3
March 29th, 2012, 06:43 PM
That is true :p! I wish the article would go through her entire hair routine, but of course it does not. And WO is a really great option for anyone who's scalp doesn't produce an excessive amount of sebum. I tried it once for a month and highly disliked it lol.

Does WO mean NO hair products (not even mousse.....) at all, either way, i am now considering trying for a month or so.....sounds great!

Diamond.Eyes
March 29th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Does WO mean NO hair products (not even mousse.....) at all, either way, i am now considering trying for a month or so.....sounds great!

I really wouldn't recommend any products like that. It isn't really good to use things that you would need shampoo to wash out. You will get some very bad build-up. Oils are completely fine to use though :p. I hope it works out amazingly for you! :flower:

holothuroidea
March 29th, 2012, 07:08 PM

WO means that you primarily use water to wash your hair. Some people on WO will clarify intermittently with baking soda. Some people use oil and aloe as moisturizers. Others rinse with tea and do soy sauce protein treatments. I don't think there are really any "rules." Basically, if it can be washed out with water, it is fair game.

Mousse would not be a good idea, because you'd definitely need detergent or soap of some kind to get that out.

Hollyfire3
March 29th, 2012, 07:12 PM
WO means that you primarily use water to wash your hair. Some people on WO will clarify intermittently with baking soda. Some people use oil and aloe as moisturizers. Others rinse with tea and do soy sauce protein treatments. I don't think there are really any "rules." Basically, if it can be washed out with water, it is fair game.

Mousse would not be a good idea, because you'd definitely need detergent or soap of some kind to get that out.

Alright, i will read up on it some more, since nothing is really working right now so i think i might just jump ship and try WO

Hollyfire3
March 29th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I really wouldn't recommend any products like that. It isn't really good to use things that you would need shampoo to wash out. You will get some very bad build-up. Oils are completely fine to use though :p. I hope it works out amazingly for you! :flower:

Maybe I could find a water soubable mousse? Just an idea....or i could look into oils, this could be good! I doubt it will even work out, nothing has, i think i just have now practically straight, boring, nondescript flat hair that will never be my beautiful poofy, curly, amazing self....(wollows in self pity some more) sorry about that, this issues seems to seep itself into EVERY faucet of my life, its unfixable and really depresing.....

holothuroidea
March 29th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Alright, i will read up on it some more, since nothing is really working right now so i think i might just jump ship and try WO

It's worth a shot :) Good luck!

Hollyfire3
March 29th, 2012, 07:19 PM
It's worth a shot :) Good luck!

Everything is worth a shot, sadly, the method and energy is not worth the results.....
But i will try anyway.

holothuroidea
March 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Maybe I could find a water soubable mousse? Just an idea....or i could look into oils, this could be good! I doubt it will even work out, nothing has, i think i just have now practically straight, boring, nondescript flat hair that will never be my beautiful poofy, curly, amazing self....(wollows in self pity some more) sorry about that, this issues seems to seep itself into EVERY faucet of my life, its unfixable and really depresing.....

Oh no :(

Have you tried any no-heat curling methods? Caruso rollers work really well for me, you can see a picture in my album.

I always wanted poofy curly hair, too, but my hair is very limp and flat. I realize a lot of people admire that, though, and give it nice adjectives like "sleek."

My hair had a lot of root volume on WO, and was a lot fluffier. I did loose softness and shine but the texture was worth the trade off for me. Then, about 2-3 weeks in, I developed the scalp acne- which I could have dealt with if my scalp didn't start ejecting hairs like crazy. My hair is on the thin side and I can't afford to shed like that.

I tried a beer rinse on a whim, and it didn't do much for my hair but it got on my face and the acne on my face was 10X better the next morning. So I've been using a beer/ACV wash for my face and now my acne is almost 100% healed. So I'm going to try it on my scalp. :)

You will find something that works for you, just keep trying! :flower: :cheer:

FireFlies55
March 29th, 2012, 07:26 PM
That is so cool that Adele not only does it, but admits to it. I often find reactions to my CO methods to ranged from "uhm, why?" to "ew, gross," so for a celeb to come out and say that is awesome (:

I don't WO all the time, but I have done it before (ran out of conditioner, haha), but it really did make my hair a little more voluminous at the roots. Not a miracle, but pretty impressive. One problem I see: If you're like me and shower in warm-hot water, always doing WO can dry at the ends. I want to try WO-CO in alternation at some point.

Hollyfire3
March 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Oh no :(

Have you tried any no-heat curling methods? Caruso rollers work really well for me, you can see a picture in my album.

I always wanted poofy curly hair, too, but my hair is very limp and flat. I realize a lot of people admire that, though, and give it nice adjectives like "sleek."

My hair had a lot of root volume on WO, and was a lot fluffier. I did loose softness and shine but the texture was worth the trade off for me. Then, about 2-3 weeks in, I developed the scalp acne- which I could have dealt with if my scalp didn't start ejecting hairs like crazy. My hair is on the thin side and I can't afford to shed like that.

I tried a beer rinse on a whim, and it didn't do much for my hair but it got on my face and the acne on my face was 10X better the next morning. So I've been using a beer/ACV wash for my face and now my acne is almost 100% healed. So I'm going to try it on my scalp. :)

You will find something that works for you, just keep trying! :flower: :cheer:

My hair is naturally poofy, curly, thick and full, well, it WAS, then i had a 4 year long affair with a flat iron daily, and then a BAD run in with protein overload over the summer, so, now i think my hair has been damaged beyond belief, it no longer curls and is flatter i HATE it and will do nealy ANYTHING to get my actual hair back, this stupid mess is just not it. No heat curls take to long to dry (my hair still has all its strands, no shedding has occured because of the damage, so my hair still takes ages to dry.) Sorry WO didn't work for you, i will let you know if i even try it, thank you:)

Hollyfire3
March 29th, 2012, 07:33 PM
That is so cool that Adele not only does it, but admits to it. I often find reactions to my CO methods to ranged from "uhm, why?" to "ew, gross," so for a celeb to come out and say that is awesome (:

I don't WO all the time, but I have done it before (ran out of conditioner, haha), but it really did make my hair a little more voluminous at the roots. Not a miracle, but pretty impressive. One problem I see: If you're like me and shower in warm-hot water, always doing WO can dry at the ends. I want to try WO-CO in alternation at some point.

I might try CO also at some point, WO seems maybe unreasonable and am nervous about using no products AT ALL, maybe i can try no conditioner?

mzBANGBANG
March 29th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Everything is worth a shot, sadly, the method and energy is not worth the results.....
But i will try anyway.

I'm approaching week 3 of WO and when I use product (hairspray or gel) I clarify with ACV and do some kind of oil leave in at the ends overnight. Honestly, the ACV strips my hair clean. I had a natural waxy build up during week 2 and it took care of it after one wash. I saw give it a shot! I'm not sure I'm going to stick with it but like you said, everything is worth a shot :)

holothuroidea
March 29th, 2012, 07:38 PM
My hair is naturally poofy, curly, thick and full, well, it WAS, then i had a 4 year long affair with a flat iron daily, and then a BAD run in with protein overload over the summer, so, now i think my hair has been damaged beyond belief, it no longer curls and is flatter i HATE it and will do nealy ANYTHING to get my actual hair back, this stupid mess is just not it. No heat curls take to long to dry (my hair still has all its strands, no shedding has occured because of the damage, so my hair still takes ages to dry.) Sorry WO didn't work for you, i will let you know if i even try it, thank you:)

Oh, sorry, I misinterpreted, I thought you felt like you wanted poofy curly hair but naturally had different hair (like me).

I'm so sorry all the damage has left you with little to work with. :( Don't you wish hair could heal itself like other body parts? That would be grand.

It couldn't have changed your hair texture for good, though, and brand new undamaged hair will eventually take its place. Still it must be so hard to deal with.

I'm just going to be over here :cheer:ing for you. You will get your hair back!

FireFlies55
March 29th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I might try CO also at some point, WO seems maybe unreasonable and am nervous about using no products AT ALL, maybe i can try no conditioner?

I understand the fear of no product. I will admit to "being bad" in that sometimes I cave and use John Frieda no frizz stuff which I am pretty sure is full of cones and ruins my hairs natural wave just to take the frizz -- which leads me to my next point about the no conditioner. I am so not brave enough to even try it. You may be able to cut bottle conditioner and only used naturals? But I fear the hair would get really dry without any conditioner. Then again, not everyone has my oil slick roots and crazy frizzy wanna-be curls.

Catladyintown
March 29th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Adele could use natural styling products.:) Like Flax seed gel or cornstarch to get her hair so voluminousness. Hollyfire3 I would use Flax seed gel to help your hair, it also gives it a little conditioning when you rinse it out.HTH

lippleyluv
March 29th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hollyfire3, I would give the WO a try. When I want B I G H A I R I will WO. It makes my hair dense and heavy and yet strangely huge. I can mold it into full half-ups with curls and swirls. I love my conditioner smells so I don't WO exclusively, but it makes for some nice volume for me once in a while. You might like it.

barely.there
March 29th, 2012, 10:18 PM
For the back of her hair, she can also use a "bumpit", and stars have unlimited acess to all sorts of mini clip in extensions to make their hair fuller.

WO sounds possible - with professionals.

MeowScat
March 30th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Wow! This thread took off! :)

Adele said she shampooed her hair for the first time in 2 months. That left me to assume she shampoos after award shows when she has big hairsprayed hair?

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention where I read. I'm so glad I put this thread in the right forum.

Funny how no one mentioned Jessica again, just Adele!

Hey lurking celebs....come out, come out, where ever you are!

:cheese:

bratz81
March 30th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Adele wears wigs and hairpieces a lot though, so this could give her volume and different hairstyles without needing a lot of teasing or products - which would mean she could be WO without needing to shampoo a lot.

sfgirl
March 30th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Ugh, I can't stand Adele. :/

summergreen
March 30th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Hairpieces and bumpits yes Im sure most of the celebs do! Can remember seeing the late great Amy W at Glasto (was only watching on TV sadly) a bit the worse for wear and her hair piece slipped, there was a bumpit the size of a small dog underneath.

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Hollyfire3, I would give the WO a try. When I want B I G H A I R I will WO. It makes my hair dense and heavy and yet strangely huge. I can mold it into full half-ups with curls and swirls. I love my conditioner smells so I don't WO exclusively, but it makes for some nice volume for me once in a while. You might like it.

How long did it take to get this volume on WO? Do you have to clarify first then wait a few days for the natural oils to build up?

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 06:40 AM
I understand the fear of no product. I will admit to "being bad" in that sometimes I cave and use John Frieda no frizz stuff which I am pretty sure is full of cones and ruins my hairs natural wave just to take the frizz -- which leads me to my next point about the no conditioner. I am so not brave enough to even try it. You may be able to cut bottle conditioner and only used naturals? But I fear the hair would get really dry without any conditioner. Then again, not everyone has my oil slick roots and crazy frizzy wanna-be curls.

My hair (despite my volume issues) tangles like the my actual curls and frizz, so i don't know about no conditioner, maybe i can try that first? Do you clarify before starting WO?

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 06:42 AM
I'm approaching week 3 of WO and when I use product (hairspray or gel) I clarify with ACV and do some kind of oil leave in at the ends overnight. Honestly, the ACV strips my hair clean. I had a natural waxy build up during week 2 and it took care of it after one wash. I saw give it a shot! I'm not sure I'm going to stick with it but like you said, everything is worth a shot :)

This, this sounds promising! How do you being WO? Clarify? Shampoo? BS rinse? I shall try! I am going to use my mousse still, and if i get build up, ACV or BS to clarify, i will be trying this!

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Adele could use natural styling products.:) Like Flax seed gel or cornstarch to get her hair so voluminousness. Hollyfire3 I would use Flax seed gel to help your hair, it also gives it a little conditioning when you rinse it out.HTH

How do you make this gel? Is flax seed expensive? (i am scared to try it and spend lots of money if it won't work)
I will try the CS or maybe cocoa powder for my dark hair

MonaMayfair
March 30th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Ugh, I can't stand Adele. :/

LOL, me too, she's revolting!

Idjit
March 30th, 2012, 09:05 AM
How do you make this gel? Is flax seed expensive? (i am scared to try it and spend lots of money if it won't work)
I will try the CS or maybe cocoa powder for my dark hair

Flax seeds are super cheap. You can get a pound of them at the grocery store about $2 and you only need 1/4 cup of seeds for a bottle of gel. It's really quick and easy to make too. I have found that the gel works better if you use more then you think you need in your hair though.

Here's (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/recipes-%97-hair-body/61208-no-fail-flax-seed-gel-i-finally-did-twice.html) a link to the recipe I've used.

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Flax seeds are super cheap. You can get a pound of them at the grocery store about $2 and you only need 1/4 cup of seeds for a bottle of gel. It's really quick and easy to make too. I have found that the gel works better if you use more then you think you need in your hair though.

Here's (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/recipes-%97-hair-body/61208-no-fail-flax-seed-gel-i-finally-did-twice.html) a link to the recipe I've used.

Does it add volume? Thank you, i will make some probably.

AngryVikingGirl
March 30th, 2012, 10:47 AM

A month is not enough, unless your hair is the very-balanced-sebum type. If it isn't, you'll need to transition.

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM
A month is not enough, unless your hair is the very-balanced-sebum type. If it isn't, you'll need to transition.

How long would be enough? what is the end goal of WO?

AngryVikingGirl
March 30th, 2012, 11:22 AM
How long would be enough? what is the end goal of WO?
Usually it takes 6-8 weeks, but there are some cases when it can be shorter or longer. My hair looked nice after one month, but I had been an egg-washer for a year before that (weekly wash). It might have worked even earlier, but I washed only every two weeks while transitioning to avoid the frustration of oily hair.
If your routine is kinda mild, it's easier, I guess. My sister could simply switch to WO with one wash, but she's always had naturally balanced hair and also didn't process it either. (Though she flat irons it sometimes. But it's evil thick coarse hair, lol.)
End goal...first of all, it is to achieve that a water only wash is enough to make your hair clean and shiny...as if you've had washed it with something. On the long run, you might need to try different tricks and methods to make it work best, but as I've read, you're doing this now, too.

Idjit
March 30th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Does it add volume? Thank you, i will make some probably.

I'm not really sure about volume since my hair is naturally really frizzy and fluffy and I put things in it to fix that but it did bring out my curls (my hair used to be 2B/C) more and make my hair super shiny and healthy looking. And of course the more I played with it the fluffier it got.

sfgirl
March 30th, 2012, 01:52 PM
LOL, me too, she's revolting!

Just google Xiaxue, Adele post. Xiaxue took a lot of flack, but I agree that no one, even a famous singer, should criticize people because they want to be a healthy weight. :/

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 02:34 PM
I'm not really sure about volume since my hair is naturally really frizzy and fluffy and I put things in it to fix that but it did bring out my curls (my hair used to be 2B/C) more and make my hair super shiny and healthy looking. And of course the more I played with it the fluffier it got.

Yeah, my hair USED to be naturaly fluffy and frizzy (i'm working on fixing it back to that...) but damage (i think!) has taken out all frizz, curl, volume and life out of my hair (the only shiny pretty part is my non-natural hair color...) i sorta really, hate every strand on my head now, it doesn't even feel like my hair anymore and i doubt it ever will! But i might try that gel anyway.

zombi
March 30th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I do not think that someone stating they do not wash their hair with shampoo automatically means they are water-only. Unless she specifically said water-only, I'd be more inclined to think she means just what she said: she doesn't use shampoo. But that leaves a lot of room for other stuff to be used on the hair besides just water....

holothuroidea
March 30th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Just google Xiaxue, Adele post. Xiaxue took a lot of flack, but I agree that no one, even a famous singer, should criticize people because they want to be a healthy weight. :/

I think that you should add a note to your post, that the blog you are referring people to is a possible trigger- specifically for individuals with eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorder.

Maelyssa
March 30th, 2012, 03:12 PM
It's really cool when people who have tons of money to buy whichever products they'd like show the world that sometimes simple and natural is the way to go. Thanks for sharing!

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I do not think that someone stating they do not wash their hair with shampoo automatically means they are water-only. Unless she specifically said water-only, I'd be more inclined to think she means just what she said: she doesn't use shampoo. But that leaves a lot of room for other stuff to be used on the hair besides just water....

The most common alternative to shampoo is CO but i doubt most people know of herbs, eggs of BS to cleanse the hair, i would believe WO however, but we may never know

mzBANGBANG
March 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
This, this sounds promising! How do you being WO? Clarify? Shampoo? BS rinse? I shall try! I am going to use my mousse still, and if i get build up, ACV or BS to clarify, i will be trying this!

I actually broke down and washed this morning, but it was mostly because I was tired of my ends feeling so dry (this was a large problem for me during my experiment). I did like it, but I also like to style my hair a LOT and found WO limiting to the styles I could do. It has however encouraged me to stretch my washes 1-2 weeks because wow, the shine I've got now! Be careful with how often you ACV rinse because it dried out my hair faster and required more oiling of the ends. It's possible you will find you don't even need to use the mousse because WO adds a ton of new body/definiton! Looking forward to hear how it goes for you!

mzBANGBANG
March 30th, 2012, 05:21 PM

I think it's different for everyone, my transition took less than 2 weeks! I never really considered myself "balanced-sebum type" but hey, maybe I am!

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I actually broke down and washed this morning, but it was mostly because I was tired of my ends feeling so dry (this was a large problem for me during my experiment). I did like it, but I also like to style my hair a LOT and found WO limiting to the styles I could do. It has however encouraged me to stretch my washes 1-2 weeks because wow, the shine I've got now! Be careful with how often you ACV rinse because it dried out my hair faster and required more oiling of the ends. It's possible you will find you don't even need to use the mousse because WO adds a ton of new body/definiton! Looking forward to hear how it goes for you!

I have to have clean hair for work, so i can't really deal with a transistion period of oily hair, so i have to wait for when i have time off to try this out, I will continue to experiment with random conditioners and other things to try a maybe moisturize my hair so it have volume bounce and curl once more,

kidari
March 30th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Her hair gets heavily styled all the time so I cannot imagine going WO would be a such a great idea for someone like her.

ladyshep
March 30th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Hi Adele! Come out come out whereever you are! lol :cheese:

:disco: Sorry, I'm in a goofy mood.

Mrsbaybeegurl
March 30th, 2012, 08:40 PM
The most common alternative to shampoo is CO but i doubt most people know of herbs, eggs of BS to cleanse the hair, i would believe WO however, but we may never know

I thought perhaps not using shampoo would be CO or perhaps she was a new Wen girl...but I looked up the article, it was back from 2008, before she was as popular as she is now, but she did infact say the only thing she used to clean her hair was water.

"I only wash it with water," she told Glamour in a 2008.... "Last night I washed my hair with shampoo for the first time in two months!"

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-beauty/news/why-adele-doesnt-wash-her-hair-with-shampoo-2012293#ixzz1qesRwWX9

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I thought perhaps not using shampoo would be CO or perhaps she was a new Wen girl...but I looked up the article, it was back from 2008, before she was as popular as she is now, but she did infact say the only thing she used to clean her hair was water.

"I only wash it with water," she told Glamour in a 2008.... "Last night I washed my hair with shampoo for the first time in two months!"

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-beauty/news/why-adele-doesnt-wash-her-hair-with-shampoo-2012293#ixzz1qesRwWX9

Yup, i read that too! Seems she IS WO, well, maybe she alternates, you know 2 months no poo, washes, goes 2 months, it could work if she has been at it from before she was in show buisness? Maybe she uses water soulable hair products, with her money, she certianly can buy them. I think it is cool! I remeber Holly Marie Combs, my hair idol, once saying or being quoted saying she does "nothing but the basics for her hair and even uses finnesse shampoo" now, i don't know if this true, but i DID buy a bottle of finnesse at walmart recently just for fun, it works alright, but it builds up and kinda dries the hair out, so i bet she clarifys and throughs the occasional DT in there. Now, not to be off topic, but, with my hair woes, i figured this couldn't hurt to try, has anyone even done the "recomended" for fried hair treatment of 2 tbls of deep conditioner 2 tbs of hair mask 2 tbls of leave in conditioner and 2 tbls of was out? I just mixed it up, many different products of varying sorts, protein moisture, everything, even hald tbls of this and half of that, all to equal the amount above, i am going to wet my hair (no shampoo, i washed ealier today, even though i put product in my hair i am hoping most of it will wash out) then i am gooping this mix on and leaving it in all night, results tommorow, who knows, this COULD work, it just MIGHT rebalance my hair a bit with the protein and moisture? Alright, would it be bad to shampoo a little? I know, twice in one day, but just a little bit to get all this product out.....

midsummernight
March 30th, 2012, 09:13 PM
It is possible that she uses wigs or weaves or something else so that her real hair doesn't need to be styled with products. That way her natural hair can be washed with water... Who knows?

Hollyfire3
March 30th, 2012, 09:14 PM
It is possible that she uses wigs or weaves or something else so that her real hair doesn't need to be styled with products. That way her natural hair can be washed with water... Who knows?

Yeah, but it really looks like her real hair...we will probably never know

AngryVikingGirl
March 31st, 2012, 02:42 AM
I think it's different for everyone, my transition took less than 2 weeks! I never really considered myself "balanced-sebum type" but hey, maybe I am!

Wow, that's cool! But I took that number from the general description on WO, so it might be the common transition time. Of course it's different for different people. I also don't know how naturally dry hair reacts to WO. Does it ever get greasy?

ETA I just wanted to point it out that one month for trying WO is not the same as trying a different conditioner for example. The 'real' effect may show up later.

Hollyfire3
March 31st, 2012, 08:07 AM
Wow, that's cool! But I took that number from the general description on WO, so it might be the common transition time. Of course it's different for different people. I also don't know how naturally dry hair reacts to WO. Does it ever get greasy?

ETA I just wanted to point it out that one month for trying WO is not the same as trying a different conditioner for example. The 'real' effect may show up later.

Yeah i realized the last part, i now know that WO will take a long time, time i don't think i have at the moment, so it will have to wait for another time

mzBANGBANG
March 31st, 2012, 08:39 AM

Yeah I definitely agree, it's not the same! I'd say my hair never got too greasy. I was pretty shocked, but I had already been stretching washes and really limiting shampoo so I think that gave me an easier transition, not to mention I'm a BBB addict. I ended up using shampoo yesterday because I missed styling my hair and can't imagine letting product build up over time. The main difference in my WO hair and freshly washed hair is the individual strands no longer feel protected, if that makes sense. My hair is lighter and fluffier now. It looked amazing after the first week (very natural and barbaric!). I've now concluded shampooing hair is a luxury and meant for special occasions rather than a daily part of my routine. I have a feeling WO is a lot easier in the summer time when updos are a must.

lillikins
March 31st, 2012, 09:13 AM
That is amazing. :o I really like Adele, too.

thisischristine
February 11th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I don't think so. I don't think she could get as much volume in the hairstyles that she sports without teasing and a little product. There is literally no way to get hair spray our of your hair with just water. She has to use something to clean her hair after such heavy styling or her hair would be very stiff, heavy, flat, and prone to breakage. I don't think hair standing 2-3 inches from the scalp would just be from using the WO method unless she had some heavy layerng in her crown, which she doesn't.

I'm wo and I use hair spray. Just massage and let the water run hot. It does dissolve.

Vrindi
February 11th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Hmmmmm. I wonder just how many celebs are lurking on this site......

I'm huge in Japan.

:p

floralgem
February 11th, 2013, 02:14 PM
That sounds awesome! (Imagine if we could find celebs lurking here...) But due to my hair being...ahem...flaky, I wouldn't be able to WO, so I have to stick to CWC washes so the flakes go. But whenever I was my hair, the length ends up becoming this staticy, poofy mess.

kitschy
February 11th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I'm a legend in my own mind!