PDA

View Full Version : I give up

Cjatje
March 29th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I want to cut my hair, because I have multiple starting split points and I really don't have the patience to do s&d, I'm just going to ask them to cut the poi ts, and not thinning my hair...
What do I need to do, do I have to ask them just to cut the split points, or do I say they can only cut 1cm? Or should I take a modelled ahircut?

Amber_Maiden
March 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Tell them to 'dust' your hair.

Madora
March 29th, 2012, 02:57 PM
SHOW them, with a ruler, exactly what you want removed. Tell them you want a trim. Make them repeat it. You're paying for the service and YOUR wishes should be met.

ETA: If you're trying to grow your hair longer so you can create updos, then I'd suggest the hair be kept all one length. Layers are a pain to deal with if you're braiding.

Pinkster8
March 29th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'm dealing with th same thing right now - I would say just take a few centimeters or whatever you see appropriate; I think you would be happier with all one length hair, also. You may not eliminate damage totally with a trim but even a small trim will improve things greatly. Good luck! :)

white.chocolate
March 29th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I agree with Madora. In my case, hairdressers have the reputation of cutting off much more length than you told them to do. You should carefully show how much you want trimmed and watch them do it carefully.

rock007junkie
March 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM
SHOW them, with a ruler, exactly what you want removed. Tell them you want a trim. Make them repeat it. You're paying for the service and YOUR wishes should be met.

ETA: If you're trying to grow your hair longer so you can create updos, then I'd suggest the hair be kept all one length. Layers are a pain to deal with if you're braiding.

This!!

If you show them exactly what you want there should be no room for them to misconstrue what you said.

dragaica
March 29th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I want to cut my hair, because I have multiple starting split points and I really don't have the patience to do s&d, I'm just going to ask them to cut the poi ts, and not thinning my hair...
What do I need to do, do I have to ask them just to cut the split points, or do I say they can only cut 1cm? Or should I take a modelled ahircut?
MAdora is wright.
also only one hairdresser understood me in past- a red haired woman, with long hair- she cut 1 cm. I checked on floor...
I cut my hair... after Kabioku reccepy... works great.:)

jacqueline101
March 29th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I agree with the ruler and show the stylist what you want.

C_Bookworm
March 29th, 2012, 10:52 PM
I have had better success at barber shops. Every time I have given a specific length, I have had only that amount cut off. Or if you just need a straight line cut, do you have a family member or friend who could do it for you?

Artisticat
March 29th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Take a buddy with you. Someone who can scruntinize exactly what the hairdresser is doing. I wish I had someone with me this past January. That's before I joined LHC unfortunately.

caiti42
March 30th, 2012, 02:40 AM
I second the buddy system. Someone to stay focused as it can get rather distracting in the salon

Cjatje
March 30th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I went alone today, but she was great! She cut about 1cm, so almost no length loss, she told me my hair still looked great, with some smaller split points... She didn't thin it out neither so I'm really glad!