PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you?

CharleaMurphy
March 29th, 2012, 12:21 PM
My hair is at BSL with chin length layers that I'm trying to grow out.
My hair grows quite slowly but I hope to improve that with Biotin supplements. I'm hoping to grow all my hair out to waist length.

So I was wondering if anyone else has grown their hair out like this and how long it took them? (:

blondie9912
March 29th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I haven't been in that situation, but I would say (with trims) if your hair grows at a regular rate of 1/2 inch per month, it takes about a year to go from chin/barely shoulder to APL, then another year to a solid BSL/MBL, then maybe another 8 months-a year to waist.

Keep in mind this is what I would just ASSUME, these estimates aren't 100% accurate. Also, these are estimations for trims along the way to keep your hair looking neat at all the stages in between.

With those guidelines in mind, I would assume it would take about 2.5-3 years for you to reach a blunt waist-length. However, you may realize that a completely blunt cut is not what you want for your hair, but perhaps the longest layers at waist length and some shorter layers at BSL. In that case, it would take maybe 1.5-2 years.

Avital88
March 29th, 2012, 12:48 PM
yep me!
But.... i kept on bleaching,dying,straigtening... it took me 1 year and 8 months but on average i think it takes a year without damaging things and small trims only

Avital88
March 29th, 2012, 12:49 PM
oh you also mean your chin layers... hmm i dont know but your bsl hair will probably be past tailbone then,so totally might take 2,5yrs

buttercupmcgee
March 29th, 2012, 01:15 PM
My hair is at BSL with chin length layers that I'm trying to grow out.
My hair grows quite slowly but I hope to improve that with Biotin supplements. I'm hoping to grow all my hair out to waist length.

So I was wondering if anyone else has grown their hair out like this and how long it took them? (:

This depends a lot on your height, and how long your torso is in particular. If you measure from your chin to waist, then multiply that number by 2, you'll get the average number of months it will take.

jojo
March 29th, 2012, 04:12 PM
It took me 4 years to get from heavily layered bob/pixie cut to a one length (apart from side fringe) to waist!

Amber_Maiden
March 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM
took me about a year and a half to get from shoulder to waist... and that was with a big chop.

GeoJ
March 29th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I didn't have layers to grow out, but a perm I hated. As soon as my virgin hair was long enough, I chopped my hair (straight hem all the way around) to just below my chin. I did that at age 16, and my hair was BSL by age 18 (I am 5'5" with a short torso, and I typically get 0.5" to 0.75" growth per month). I don't remember how often I had it trimmed along the way (I used a salon back then for trims).

ETA: I don't remember when I reached waist, but I kept it in the waist to hip zone for a couple of years.

jacqueline101
March 29th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I haven't made it there yet but my hair is roughly at bra strap length. That's taken almost a year so I'm guessing this on what my hair has done so far. I have layers my hair has a natural v hem line. I'd say if your add another 6 months on to my first estimate and that would give you an estimate a year and half total time. Try monistat it made my hair grow.

Raiscake
March 29th, 2012, 06:36 PM
BSL to waist took me six months. I was in major protection mode that time. Updos 24/7, absolutely no heat styling, deep treatment every week, oiling, the works. :D

My chin layers back then are now APL. It'll probably take a year to catch up.

FireFlies55
March 29th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Well, right now I have SL hair, but I grew it out from mid-neck (like 1" below chin) to APL in about 6-7 and I was treating my hair like poo honestly. Heat everyday, shampoo twice, condition just the front, brush while wet, etc. it was awful. Hence the big chip and starting over knowing better. I can't help on chin to waist, that's a time line from chin ish to APL, and APL layers on waist hair can be kinda cute while you wait for them to catch up. Good luck!!

P.S. sorry for spelling/spacing mistakes. I am on my phone. ;p