PDA

View Full Version : I need help :(

barely.there
March 29th, 2012, 01:05 PM
put coconut oil in my hair last night. wrapped it up in a scarf. this morning I took a shower and washed my hair (dr. bronners) and then put a couple of eggs in it as conditioner. left the eggs in for an hour ish. just rinsed them out, and i have the WORST tangles ever! its like my hair is drying, but its so oiled down, that i cant run a comb through it, its so stiff :(

the only conditioner we have in the house is a dimethicone :( must I resort to it?

spidermom
March 29th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I found Dr. Bronners to be horrible for washing hair. I think what you need most right now is a diluted acid rinse - vinegar or lemon juice.

barely.there
March 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I do have ACV in the house. thank god, cause I have no money XD

Alvrodul
March 29th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I would also suggest trying a SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128). The tangle-town description of your hair sounds as if you seriously either need to clarify, or give your poor hair some moisture!

Anje
March 29th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Dr. Bronners is your problem, plus maybe too much protein from the eggs. (Eggs are great for some folks, but if your hair has decided it's had too much protein, it gets tangly.)

ACV or other vinegar is good. If I were you, I'd resort to the conditioner too, dimethicone or no. Silicones aren't necessarily evil; many people love them, though I find them a bit drying after a few days in my own hair. Moisture is your friend if the eggs caused problems for you, but see how the vinegar rinse goes first.

Dilute your vinegar. I like 1/8th or 1/10th vinegar. Many like it weaker (I have hard water that buffers a bit), but you might find that a stronger rinse helps more after that tangle-inducing shampoo.

barely.there
March 29th, 2012, 02:45 PM
I did do an apple cider vinegar rinse. It worked very well! I was even able to blow dry it (cool setting) and when i run my fingers through it, it is not velcroy like it usually is. I may make this a part of my regular routine!! I diluted it to a few tbsps of ACV to about a liter of water. i also rinsed my hair with straight water afterwards.

thank you Alvrodul for that link to SMT. I will try it out when I find a proper conditioner for my hair :)

I would have resorted to the dimethicone if I had to....I am just trying to stay away from synthetics as I have become sensitive to them.

Either I will find a regular organic shampoo, or just use AVC as a stand in. I have been using dr. bronners for a few months now and have not have this sort of problem. yes, I find it dries out my hair a bit, but I think in this case, it was the excess protein from the eggs.

thanks ladies!!!!!

PixxieStix
March 29th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Glad to see you found something quick and easy to help "fix" the problem. I do a diluted ACV rinse after every wash, a few TBS in 32 oz of water. Makes my hair very happy! Do you use any sort of conditioner after washing usually?

barely.there
March 29th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Glad to see you found something quick and easy to help "fix" the problem. I do a diluted ACV rinse after every wash, a few TBS in 32 oz of water. Makes my hair very happy! Do you use any sort of conditioner after washing usually?

Not for the last 6 months. I would use dr.bronners and then wash my hair once or twice a week, the only conditioner I would use would be the sebum spread by my BBB. Since I'm a noob and learning, I will be getting some conditioner this weekend! I've been experimenting with what my hair needs. I think the ACV followed with a conditioner will be the best for me! I can tell my hair loved the ACV, and the smell rinses out well. yays :cheese: thanks for checking up :)

swearnsue
March 29th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I tried using Dr.Bronner as a shampoo a few times and it was awful! My hair felt stiff and weird, couldn't comb it. You might like to find a natural shampoo and dilute it, then rinse with the vinegar water, then rinse with plain water.