PDA

View Full Version : Flexi 8, hair stick or fork. Which do you prefer?

Dragon
March 29th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Do you prefer Flexi 8’s, hair sticks or forks? Also if you use flexi 8’s, do you have any trouble with hair getting court in it?

Apriori
March 29th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Hairstick :) It's fast to use and easy to adjust

janeytilllie
March 29th, 2012, 06:07 AM
I perfer forks because they give the most hold for my hair. :)

Guenever
March 29th, 2012, 06:11 AM
I'm a big fan of single sticks! Forks usually give me more stable updos, but I love the look of sticks..

caiti42
March 29th, 2012, 06:14 AM
I love flexi-8's. They are so pretty.

Neneka
March 29th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I chose hair sticks. I really liked them when my hair was longer. :)

Amber_Maiden
March 29th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Hairsticks. I use two.

excentricat
March 29th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Sticks are quick and easy for me.

littleizz
March 29th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I like sticks, but I find forks much more stable and they're just nifty-looking :) I've never used a flexi, though, so I can't speak as to how well those work.

Rhodugune
March 29th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Hairsticks, but I think hairforks and flexi 8 are pretty too, and I don't own any.

Tressie
March 29th, 2012, 07:56 AM
For lasting hold, I like my ficcares best. I do really hair sticks sometimes for a change, and I also like a fork! (o:

PixxieStix
March 29th, 2012, 08:05 AM
You know, it really depends on what I want to do with my hair! I love my sticks, forks, flexi 8's AND my Ficarre. At this point I sort of use them equally, so I guess we'll see later down the road what I end up going for the most.

piratejenny
March 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Forks, forks, forks !!!

I just recently discovered that I can use them and I'm completely addicted :cheese:

Deborah
March 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I voted forks, but they are now my second choice. First place goes to my one and only Ficcare.

dulce
March 29th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I use flexis 90% and forks 10% and hairsticks just don't work in my hair.

Long_hair_bear
March 29th, 2012, 12:53 PM
I love me my stix!

Anywhere
March 29th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I've never had a flexi, but I prefer forks over sticks. To me though, sticks are just, one stick. I rarely wear 2 at a time.

PrairieRose
March 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I usually use one hair stick. I do like flexi-8's but I have to be careful, they do get stuck in my hair.

Ishje
March 29th, 2012, 01:12 PM
actually, I like all 3 of them.
I think flexi's are gorgeous for half ups, forks keep my hair up the best, but some sticks have such gorgeous toppers they nearly beat the flexi and the forks ;)

Silver Strands
March 29th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I prefer forks or ficcares for hold, but love the look of sticks.
Buying 1 or 2 quality hairsticks, a quality hairfork or a ficcare will give you a beautiful
look and hold for almost every hairstyle.

ETA: Also amish or bunhead hairpins are very nice for an invisible but solid hold for most updos.

As far as flexi's go, they do get caught in my hair most of the time, even when i'm careful.
Plus, you need to buy 1 of almost every size as one size does not fit all.
That ends up being pretty pricey.
And the gap between sizes: an extra small is too small for a half-up for me,
but a small will slide out usually snagging a strand or 2 on it's way down.
Also, I haven't had consistency in sizing.
I ordered a couple last year and got visibly smaller looking flexi's than ones I ordered 5 years ago, even though they are supposed to be the same size.
Flexi's are very frustrating for me.

These days, I just use a barrette for a half-up. No snagging, tugging and i'm able to put
all of my hair in it.

ladylowtide
March 29th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I love my two prong hair fork. It is the only thing that will hold my hair up. I henna a lot, and I have naturally very slippery hair, so it just slips out of everything, accept for my beautiful purple heart fork. I also like the look of forks better than sticks, but that is just because I think they look a bit dated, a mean I have seen some people pull them off, but to me they look kind of tacky, especially if there are two, but that is just my personal preference. I am of course not referring to the lovely ladies on LHC who all look great in their hair sticks. Just the tragic examples I have seen IRL.

Pierre
March 29th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Flexis of course. They stay in all day and all night too, and they look pretty.

Konstifik
March 29th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Hairstick all the way! Occasional flexi8, but never forks (they just don't seem to work for me...)

Flexis works just as good as sticks for me, although not in as many styles and I like the look of sticks better. But flexis are more practical while doing yoga or other work outs, as well as when wearing hats. :)

B-L
March 29th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I don't have any flexi8's and I probably never will.. but I prefer har sicks over anything else.

Terra
March 30th, 2012, 02:40 AM
I prefer Flexi8 :)

skraprchik
March 30th, 2012, 02:44 AM
I love hair sticks, but forks work best at my current length (SL+).

Mina17
March 30th, 2012, 04:12 AM
I most often use one hair stick. It's the quickest, easiest way to get my hair up. I don't really like the looks of two hair sticks, it makes me feel self conscious and too "different".

Forks are a close second, but they are harder for me to use. I usually have to try a few times to get them in comfortably but secure.

I don't really like the looks of Flexi8s.

I have had no luck with Ficcares. I can't get them to hold and always get hair caught in them.

Lissandria
March 30th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Sticks all the way, baby :)

EvaSimone
March 30th, 2012, 06:06 AM
I perfer forks because they give the most hold for my hair. :)
This, I can't get flexis to hold my hair and sticks hold but not as well as a good fork. My favorites are 60th street forks.

QMacrocarpa
March 30th, 2012, 08:11 AM
:cheese:
If no cheese is available ;), then it depends on what I'm trying to do. I use sticks (singly), flexi-8s, Ficcares, and the fork-ish Goody Modern Updo Pin which most seem to dislike, but it's my favorite for securing an orchid bun. I think flexi-8s may be easiest to work with in hair that has some tendency to fluff up, so that the gap between sizes isn't a problem. With super-sleek hair it might sometimes be impossible to find the right size for a particular style. I do like the versatility of sticks, especially the possibility of adding a hair-tie to make an elastic slide (http://www.flickr.com/photos/34370229@N07/6561233847/) for extra secure hold in buns. So if I had to limit myself to just one, I suppose it would be sticks (but I'd miss the others!).