PDA

View Full Version : Hair donation places that will take ANY kind of hair...

caadam
March 29th, 2012, 12:58 AM
and I mean ANY.

I remember Matter of Trust was doing that back in the day, but are there any other organizations that are sort of doing the same thing? Taking any kind of hair, no matter the type or condition, for the sake of helping out others and/or the environment?

I've tried searching through LHC for some ideas, and I honestly don't know how to search Google in general for it, either. I can't think of any outstanding keywords.

I think it's very important that people know their options, people who don't have wig-friendly hair but who still want to donate and make a difference.

If there's none, then all right. No hard feelings. But if there is, I would like to know so I can pass on the information. :D

Freckled.Thing
March 29th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Just to clarify, as far as Locks of Love is concerned:
They will take and make use of any kind of hair that they can. It's true that they are very particular about the state of the hair they use for their wigs but if they receive hair that does not fit the qualifications they don't just throw it away. The sell it to other wig makers to help pay for the labor and other materials needed to make wigs with the hair that they do keep. Just thought some people might be interested to know this.

If you're talking about people who's hair is damaged or color treated (that's the only reason that LoL rejects some hair for their own wigs) then I don't think there are many places that would be able to use it. Would you want a wig that was made from hair which had been totally fried?

Tressie
March 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I have not researched these organizations but here are some I found on a search:

www.wigsforkids.org www.angelhairfoundation.org www.childrenwithhairloss.us

caadam
March 29th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I did forget that LoL will sell hair to other wig makers. I read about that last night after I posted this, but I was too tired to update. lol

young&reckless
March 30th, 2012, 10:22 PM
There are organizations that use hair to help clean up oil spills. Sorry not sure on specifics.

caadam
March 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM
There are organizations that use hair to help clean up oil spills. Sorry not sure on specifics.

Yeah... I know for sure Matter of Trust doesn't do that anymore. I wish they did, though. </3