PDA

View Full Version : Messy braided half-bun style :) *Pics*

RecklessCharlie
March 28th, 2012, 06:19 PM
I did this rather by accident the other day and thought it was fun so decided to share it with all of you :)
Its just two french braids, hair parted to one side, one braid in the top half of hair and the other in the bottom half.
The top braid is then looped into a loose spiral at the base of the head on the left side.
I did this on damp hair to get a more 'messy' effect.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j195/doofuschucklesniffer/IMG_0463-1.jpg

Fairy tale
March 28th, 2012, 06:42 PM
That is beautiful!!! I can't wait to try it.

Dizzy_zzz
March 28th, 2012, 07:00 PM
That is beautiful!!! I can't wait to try it.

Ditto! :D If only my hair were a little longer...

RapunzelKat
March 28th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Very pretty! :D I will give it a try, once my French braiding skills are up to par...

RecklessCharlie
March 28th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks all :) Nice thing about this style is that even if you're not totally satisfied with your french braiding technique its alright because its supposed to be a bit unkempt! And an imperfect braid just adds to the style :)

RapunzelKat
March 28th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks all :) Nice thing about this style is that even if you're not totally satisfied with your french braiding technique its alright because its supposed to be a bit unkempt! And an imperfect braid just adds to the style :)

Good point! :D I do need to learn more "deliberately messy" styles, I like the look and it's much easier to make my hair messy than neat! :lol: Hmm, perhaps a project for this weekend... ;)

Yozhik
March 28th, 2012, 08:32 PM
A very attractive braid! (I like your photos, too). Thanks for the idea and the instructions.

I'll give this a go soon. :)

RecklessCharlie
March 28th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Good point! :D I do need to learn more "deliberately messy" styles, I like the look and it's much easier to make my hair messy than neat! :lol: Hmm, perhaps a project for this weekend... ;)
Exactly! I used to be obsessive about my braids being perfect. Then one day I started to prefer the loose and 'romantic' braids just as much! Makes the whole braiding process far easier as well :)

A very attractive braid! (I like your photos, too). Thanks for the idea and the instructions.

I'll give this a go soon. :)
Thanks! And I'd love to see your version of it :) Everyone's versions for that matter!

bettylibertine
March 28th, 2012, 11:55 PM
So pretty! I'll be giving this a go :)

Ocelan
March 29th, 2012, 12:19 AM
This looks really fun and I like the different kind of parting, makes it more interesting and fun than the usual centre parting what is most used with double french braids which makes me look too much like a school girl.
I really need to try this maybe even today after I wash my hair so I won't get it too neat. I also haven't been able to get the messy and more loose hairdos to look good on me and I really wish they did. :)

lolot
March 29th, 2012, 12:52 AM
thats really cool, i wish i had your thickness, lenght and hair :p to style my hair that way

jacqueline101
March 29th, 2012, 05:37 AM
I love the hair style and can't wait to try it.

Bedhead
March 29th, 2012, 05:44 AM
This actually looks doable! I'm amazing at messy braids! :D

I have to say too, you're hair colour is absolutely gorgeous!

Bedhead
March 29th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Ditto! :D If only my hair were a little longer...

If my hair is long enough, yours is definitely long enough. Go for it! :)

PixxieStix
March 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM
How fun! I'll definitely try this down the road when my hair is long enough. Thanks for opening up a new way of looking at a "regular" two braided hair style.

Firefly
March 29th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Very pretty style. Thanks for sharing!

RecklessCharlie
March 29th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks everyone!!

thats really cool, i wish i had your thickness, lenght and hair :p to style my hair that way
You could definitely do this style with shorter hair, I think unless your hair is above shoulder length you could do a variation of it :)

If my hair is long enough, yours is definitely long enough. Go for it! :)
Ditto this! You should try it, I think it would work great with shorter hair, it would just be a 'smaller' version! :) and equally as fun!

Anywhere
March 29th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I think it looks really cool.:D

The blurriness in parts of the last photo make my eyes go wonky for some reason.

Kosmos
March 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
That is gorgeous. I can't wait till my hair is long enough to do that.

buttercupmcgee
March 29th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Stunning! I love the color variation in particular, really brings out the style.