PDA

View Full Version : Rude hairdresser is a hypocrite!

bex487
July 24th, 2008, 09:11 AM
I had to share this story, because I wish in real life I could've gloated.

Almost two years ago I went to a salon to take my hair back to blonde (I had dyed it dark brown). Yes, I shouldn't have done it. I know. Well, they were able to get rid of the dye after bleaching my hair twice and using toners and whatnot. It was a long, long appointment. A fellow hairdresser, with flaming red hair, walked by and started lecturing me on how red tones are impossible to remove from hair. She started yelling, "Never dye your hair with a hint of red unless you're willing to keep it until you're 90!" I thought that was a bit much and she was really rude.

Last week when I went to get my hair cut I happened to see this same hairdresser-with bleached-blonde hair! My mouth dropped open. Here I got a 15-minute lecture, and she clearly got rid of all her red tones. I mentioned the story to my stylist and she whispered, "--- is a good stylist, but she scares the crap out of everyone! I rarely hear her praise anything that isn't her own work." :rolleyes:

Just goes to show that even hair professionals don't always tell the truth!

burns_erin
July 24th, 2008, 09:43 AM
That's funny on so many different levels. Especially since chemical red seems to be the least permanent thing on earth for a vast number of people. Now black, that a whole 'nother story.

NurseMama
July 24th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I was able to get my hair to a nice shade of orange from black :p after a few bleaching sessions. I then toned it into the red family.

Bottle red dye fades on me within 2 weeks which is why I am now totally in love with henna!

FrannyG
July 24th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Honestly Becky, I admire your ability not to say anything to that woman. Love the story, by the way.

Islandgrrl
July 24th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Sometimes I think stylists (and this is, of course, a generalization) tell the truth that they're taught to tell.

Golden21
July 24th, 2008, 09:55 AM
That was so rude and unprofessional of her, she never should have treated you that way. I'm glad she isn't your stylist!

jojo
July 24th, 2008, 10:08 AM
I think your brave going back into the salon, if somebody yelled at me like that id take my custom elsewhere!

Julesn
July 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Hey Becky!!

I was horrified when I read your post. I have been a hairdresser for about 14 years & I couldn't IMAGINE saying something like that to ANYONE (especially if the customer wasn't even mine!!).

I find that A LOT of people in my profession can be VERY self important & think they know everything. I actually work with someone like that & it is SO ANNOYING. Customers/clients don't want to sit in the chair and be lectured. They want to be treated like they're special, and want to have a good experience.

Shame on her!!!! She has some issues.

Julie :)

wintersun99
July 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM

Ohio Sky
July 24th, 2008, 10:39 AM
That's funny on so many different levels. Especially since chemical red seems to be the least permanent thing on earth for a vast number of people. Now black, that a whole 'nother story.

It only fades fast if you don't want it to, trust me. :o

bex487
July 24th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Julie-Thank goodness all the other stylists at this salon are wonderful and I have the best time (they always compliment/fawn over me, which I love!).

spidermom
July 24th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Another example of open mouth, insert foot.