PDA

View Full Version : Mini Hair Rant

Vanille_
March 28th, 2012, 02:28 PM
So, in February my hair was around 27 inches. I was having great growth since October. However, in March I trimmed my hair a little since I hadn't done it in seven months and wanted a more even hem line. So now I'm a little disappointed that it's about to be April and I essentially have no progress.

I should really join the No Measurements for Three Months club. I'd probably feel much better.

/end rant

Mesmerise
March 28th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Yup, that's what I did last year instead of measuring monthly. When you wait 3 months you actually see some change ;).

Of course, then I went and chopped my hair and didn't measure for MONTHS because I didn't want to know how short it was!! I finally measured today :rolleyes: it was a bit depressing but at least I know where I'm at now. (Given that it was 28" in July last year the current length is pretty sad :o).

(And yeah there's a reason I had to chop but still... blah...)

barely.there
March 28th, 2012, 02:35 PM
yes. I think you should take the no measurements for 3 months challenge. If your hair grows 1/2 inch a month and you say you have no progress, I'd think you cut off your progress. hehe

Vanille_
March 28th, 2012, 02:40 PM
I shouldn't whine. My hair has grown so much since my big chop. I'm generally happy with the length. While having longer hair will be great, I'm generally happy with my current length.

kidari
March 28th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Honestly I stopped measuring monthly. I realized that I can take a measurement three times and get three similar but different measurements. It drives me crazy. The less I pay attention to growth, the more it seems to grow. Also, I'm not getting anxiety about it in the meantime. I say take length shots instead of measuring, but try to not check the length very often. Hair can grow in spurts anyway.

jojo
March 28th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Ive got bored with measuring my hair, measured it after a trim last week but probably wont bother for a good few months, body marks and photos I find so much more reliable, tape measures lie!

white.chocolate
March 28th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Yes, I agree. :) Hair never seems to grow when you keep measuring it. Leave it be, and you'll be surprised by how long (and fast) it can grow.

Amber_Maiden
March 28th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I measure monthly, but if I don't like the results I don't record them ;) That way I forget faster!

Darkessa
March 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I decided to do kinda the same thing. My hair was growing at about 1 1/4 inch per month for about 3 or 4 months there.
Then I measured one month and I seemingly LOST a 1/4 of an inch...
Im not sure whether I wanna stop measuring all together, or just measure less often.

Benign neglect can be a beautiful thing for impatient or disappointed people.

annamoonfairy
March 28th, 2012, 05:38 PM
You have beautiful hair. Enjoy it at every stage : )

islandboo
March 28th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I measure on the first day of each season (solstices and equinoxes). That makes it every 3 months and the dates are easy to remember!

jacqueline101
March 29th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Mine went through a dorm it stage and I'm doing the no measure for three months. I'm hoping there will be progress.

caiti42
March 29th, 2012, 06:22 AM
You may not have length progress but you will have health progress after your trim!

Joliebaby
March 29th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Yeah, it helps not to measure often. I forgot about hair and went from my chin length bob to shoulder length in 6-7 months and afterwards it seemed like it went by so fast. If I'd kept checking the length every day of course it would have seemed like there was no progress..

I think Ill measure next time when my hair is shoulder length (because I trimmed again to get rid of the last dye) so that I'll know how many inches that is. Because, can you believe it, I forgot to measure my hair at shoulder length before I trimmed!

A lot of people would be shoulder length at 18,5" but my curls take up length AND I have a really long neck. I estimate shoulder length is 20" or so...

Kayla Nyx
March 29th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I know how you feel ): ever since i chopped my hair 2 monhs ago it hasnt seem to have grown a whole lot.

Fairlight63
March 29th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I measure my hair monthly & trim with the New Moon every month. Looking back over the years that I have been growing, my hair goes through periods of seemingly not to grow much then get growth spurts. In the end I get about 5" of growth plus trimming it monthly, so I probably get around 6" of growth in a yr.

TheLuckyLurker
March 29th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I feel your pain. That's why I joined the 'weary your hair up for...' challenge thread. Of course, that only works until I try an updo my isn't long enough for yet...

blondie9912
March 30th, 2012, 09:52 AM
I agree with annamoonfairy, you have beautiful hair :)

I would stop measuring, as well.

Knittycat
March 30th, 2012, 11:26 AM
I measured when I joined up. I measured again a year and a half later. I'd had one two inch trim since I measured the first time. My hair had grown visibly longer between the measurements.

The measurements were the same. :rolleyes:

I don't measure anymore.

ravenheather
April 1st, 2012, 07:11 AM
I just have to chime in and agree, you have gorgeous hair.