PDA

View Full Version : MACA and hair?

Pecheresse
March 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I got myself some 100% natural organic MACA pills /complements, and I'm confused as to whether MACA helps with hair growth at all? It says that it helps balancing hormones which would explain why some women notice less body/facial hair, however I also read on that it enhances hair growth because of the minerals, silicium, Vit B's and all the good stuff in the pills. Anybody care to enlighten me? Thank you! :heart:

Helix
March 27th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I haven't heard about it increasing/affecting hair growth but I have heard of Maca increasing libido and fertility :eyebrows:.

Guess I'll just watch for the other replies to this thread because I'm curious about it too...

Amber_Maiden
March 27th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I haven't heard of it helping hair growth. It's just another supplement out there... Vitamins are good for people, but if you eat well you don't have to worry about them.

melissa8989
March 27th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Have you tried the maca/ dark chocolate bars?? So, good. It ads something to the chocolate :).

Maktub
March 27th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Maca is actually cultivated as a staple food (a root) in south america - so it's not a supplement per se. Just a very nutrient-loaded food. I think it's probably good for health overall but it hasn't been studied seriously, even for fertility (weak studies).

This being said, it's the reputation it has where it grows in south america and has been eaten for thousands of years, to be excellent food, good for hormones, libido, fertility, etc. Even in the absence of serious scientific studies, I believe millenium traditional medicines are not based on unscientific reasonings, most of the time there is a true "action-reaction" correlation.