PDA

View Full Version : What's in your handbag? (hair related)

Shanarana
July 24th, 2008, 06:26 AM
I was just cleaning out my purse and was putting my stuff back in and thought about what hair things we keep in our bag.

I carry:

wooden comb
wide tooth comb
four bobby pins
two small jaw clips
hair stick
barrette
hair elastic
hair spray
and what ever I have in my mister bottle

Seems like a lot of stuff, but those are things I can work with no matter what comes up. What's in your bag?

bex487
July 24th, 2008, 06:32 AM
I'm a minimalist when it comes to hair things, so I just carry bobby pins (and a small brush if necessary). The nice thing about my haircut is it needs minimal styling! Pins are a must though, because my side bangs annoy me after awhile.

Siava
July 24th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Nothing hair related is in my purse. :)

Patrycja
July 24th, 2008, 06:45 AM
a mini claw clip
several bobby pins
a few ouch free elastics
1 hairstick

and a bunch of trash/old reciepts :)

Monsterkitti
July 24th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Usually lots of hairbands, a big alice band and I put in tons of hair clips (my bag seems to eat them though :))

SHELIAANN1969
July 24th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Hair Fork
Hair Stick
Scunchies (maybe 4)
Elastic pony holders (maybe 6)
Shea Butter

frizzinator
July 24th, 2008, 07:00 AM
A horn comb, a short Ketylo stick, 2 wavelength pins and a Buff.

Golden21
July 24th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I carry a very small purse, so I don't have much hair related in my purse. I do carry elastic ponytail holders (in case it rains or I get hot).

Delenn
July 24th, 2008, 07:14 AM
The only thing I carry is a few GHD hair pins. Typically I plan my hair around whatever I'll be doing that day so I don't have to lug an entourage of items, but the pins come in handy on a day I wear it down because I hate eating with my hair down.

Shanarana
July 24th, 2008, 07:17 AM
A horn comb, a short Ketylo stick, 2 wavelength pins and a Buff.

What is a buff?

jojo
July 24th, 2008, 07:29 AM
well my handbag has at present;

2 red scrunchies
1 wooden body shop comb
1 small bottle of perfume
1 sample sized deodorant
numerous receipts
little tube of dog treats
5 pens
1 purse
1 credit card bill

Thats it for me!

Islandgrrl
July 24th, 2008, 07:39 AM
The purse I carry is realy small. One of those "organizer" things that's not much bigger than a glorified wallet with a shoulder strap. I have a Ficcare in there and a little, tiny mister bottle.

Shanarana
July 24th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I a big handbag carrier, I like the feeling of being able to get up and go and have all I need with me. Would love to downsize but I need everything....lol.

happymommy
July 24th, 2008, 07:43 AM
I have:

two mini jaw clips
a half dozen elastics
two pairs of cheap hairsticks
a handful of my two year old's various colored barrettes
a mini BBB
travel bottle of cornstarch/baby powder for those greasy days
and literally 8 different flavors of chapstick/lipgloss. I'm an addict :)

I either need to cull the multiples or get a bigger purse, lol.

Chromis
July 24th, 2008, 07:47 AM
My purse has:

a wallet
phone
camera
change is cleaned out as soon as I get home
*if* my hair is down which is unlikely, a stick or Ficcare if space also removed upon return
housekeys (and that is all that is on my keyring!)

Loviatar
July 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Hair related, my purse holds a glasses case with two small elastics in for braids (snag free), one large elastic for ponytails, 4 amish pins, one medium Ficcare, one ebony 2 prong 60th St hairfork, one mini decant pot of aloe gel and one Kent sawcut comb. I also have a Denman brush in my purse but it wont fit in the glasses case.

Non hair related, there's too much stuff to list! I am a pack rat.

Haith
July 24th, 2008, 08:05 AM
I choose my purses based on how many books I can carry in it. For example: to the boy "How long are we going to be out for?" to which he may reply "An hour or so" which has me thinking, *okay, so I only need the one-book sized bag today*. I'm pathetic! But, I almost always have a couple of bobby pins, a few mini-jaw clips clipped to each other, and one of those knitting-needle hair forks that I like to make pre-stuffed into each purse so all I have to do is grab my book(s) and go. I never know when the weather's going to turn and I'm going to have to whisk my hair up in a hurry!

NorthernDancer
July 24th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I have a small hair brush, a hair stick, a small jaw clip, a mini jaw clip (maybe 2?), and a small hair band for ponytails or braids.

I figure with that I can do quite a bit of hair styles.

I think all my mom has in her handbag (hair related) is a scrunchie.

bunnii
July 24th, 2008, 08:20 AM
I just have some hairbands wrapped around my revlon silver brush (oh yeah!!! i'm posh:D:D ) Other than that i just have lipgloss, lots and lots of lipgloss hehe

Oh, sometimes if i'm going somewhere quiet i'll take my scissors with me to do some s+d

bex487
July 24th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I a big handbag carrier, I like the feeling of being able to get up and go and have all I need with me. Would love to downsize but I need everything....lol.

I have the same problem! Once I get into a habit of carrying a larger purse, I can't downsize for the life of me.

Shanarana
July 24th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I have the same problem! Once I get into a habit of carrying a larger purse, I can't downsize for the life of me.

Getting a larger handbag would make me carry even more :D Pretty soon I'll be lugging around a small suitcase.

Shanarana
July 24th, 2008, 09:01 AM
After reading what everyone else carries, I decided to take out the stick in trade of a ficcare. :)

Periwinkle
July 24th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Plastic shower comb, kirby grips and elastics.

I'm known amongst my friends for always having hair accessories on me. At about Christmas-time, two of my friends emptied out my gym bag. Turned out I was carrying 37 hair elastics and 46 kirby grips! :O

Celogrl
July 24th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Always the following:

My ID, driver's license, etc.
lip balm
hair brush
comb
hand cream
cell phone
lipstick
some $
something to put my hair up with- scrunchies, jaw clip, ficcare, hairsticks, etc.
checkbook
pocket calendar

Mishka_84
July 24th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I have in my purse:

*A small cosmetic bag filled with hair elastics, about 50 pins (3 different kinds), 2 combs (for holding the style, not combing the hair), a mini-brush, and 2 hair sticks.
*a book
*a small notebook for writing
*2 pencils and 2 pens
*whatever id and monetary items are needed

I like to play with my hair during the day, as I'm on the phone almost all day long at my job, and sometimes I need something to do with my hands. So I carrye everything with me I could need to do different styles. :o

Lillian
July 24th, 2008, 10:07 AM
In my handbag I have all the usual suspects: keys, phone, purse, lip balm etc., and absolutely nothing hair related at all! When I leave home in the morning I put my hair up to stay up all day, and don't generally touch it until I get home. :silly:

eadwine
July 24th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Mirror, wide toothed comb, mister, knitting needle (for itchies under the bun), hair tie and some pins.

lilalong
July 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I have a hair elastic wrapped around my wrist.
I'm a minimalist and try to avoid carrying a purse whenever possible.

Igor
July 24th, 2008, 11:47 AM
http://www.22757575.dk//ida/photo/images/Handbag.jpg
I just realised this picture isn’t up to date, oh well
The bag is from Volcom and I adore it

Non-hair stuff
2 back up contact lenses
A travel size Elisabeth Arden green tea perfume
Gum
Vichy SPF 20 lip balm (On a string attached to the bag)
My wallet
My bag-charm is a plush character from a Danish TV-show. There’s also a Hello Kitty figurine attached, but I didn’t get it in the picture
My calendar (I would seriously die without this thing. I have so much information in it!)
A small sample-tube of all-purpose cream
Vichy moisturising lip gloss
Small bottle of Lancôme SPF 15 lotion
My trusty iPod

Hair stuff
One day’s worth of supplements and anti depressants in a bag
2 black elastics for hair emergencies
A travel size Charles Worthington UV protection spray

eresh
July 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Nothing hair related is in my bag.

In there is:
* small umbrella
* agenda/planner & pen
* mobile
* mp3player
* wallet
* mini deo
* emergency tampon

Finoriel
July 24th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Which handbag? :wink: I do not even own a handbag and even if I would own one... The possibility of finding anything hair related in it would be fairly small. I put my hair up in the morning and take it down in the evening. No need to brush, comb or do anything with it in between.
In my hypothetical handbag you could possibly find chewing gum, a pocket knife, snus, some nice stones, branches or plant seeds, most likely plenty of dust and cat hair, some dry cat-food, kleenex and sunblocker. No mobile phone, makeup or hair things. :cool: I´m weird.

Tabitha
July 24th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Ask the http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1038/censoredss3.jpg thieves who stole it from me on Saturday :mad: :patrol: :evil: :pins:

WritingPrincess
July 24th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I have my Amish pins, my wide tooth comb, and several elastics with me always. Sometimes there will be a hairstick or two and maybe a scrunchie. Oh, and my bobby pins, in case I need to pin back my bangs. I usually try to leave my hair alone once I've done it for the day, so I usually don't need my hair stuff. But it's always the one time I leave my hair stuff home that I *need* it.

DragonLady
July 24th, 2008, 04:46 PM
My handbag is a little stuffed tiger. He's got enough room for my keys, a pack of gum, a bit of cash and a couple of credit cards. Then he's full.

But I used to carry everything but the bathroom sink (the kitchen one was in there, somewhere).... Hairbrush, wallet full of bills and receipts and ancient appointment reminders. Family pictures, pretty stones, little manilla envelopes with seeds from my garden (to give to friends), credit cards and bubble gum (for the kids), makeup and suntan lotion.... My purses got bigger and bigger 'till I was lugging around a suitcase. :(

Finally, one day I just refused to carry one any more. If it wouldn't fit in my pocket, I didn't need it! Who needs a mousetrap at the grocery store anyway? Or a handful of sheet metal screws at the movie theatre? Not me!

Now, my little tiger holds it all. Any spillage goes into my car's box, which I clean out everyday. My years of lugging a mini-store are over. :)

thankyousir74
July 24th, 2008, 05:03 PM
my purse has some shea butter and a jaw clip, and thass all that is hair related.

other than that I usually have a scrunchie around my wrist.

Raederle
July 24th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Ask the http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1038/censoredss3.jpg thieves who stole it from me on Saturday :mad: :patrol: :evil: :pins:

Well that sucks major. Were you hurt in the incident?

The only hair things I carry are a horn comb, and a cheap POS stick. The stick has so far been used as a stylus at a POS terminal -- some justice there, no, gesturing tool, quilling tool, and as a lever on a recalcitrant vent. My hair's pretty obedient, and once it's up, it stays up until evening.

Tabitha
July 24th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Thank you Raederle, :flowers: no I was fortunately unhurt, I had put the bag down down in a shop (small shop, thought it was safe behind me in the corner, all of a sudden the shop filled up ...).

The hair things that I lost in it were my Heavenly Harvest horn comb, and a treasured Graydog fork.

chloeishere
July 24th, 2008, 06:04 PM
You asked for it!

Wallet (it's got an applique blue cat on it)
blue iPod (though I never use it)
a few coupons and receipts
Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme-- it can be used for lips, or hands in a pinch
blink rewetting drops
a big borders giftcard that doesn't fit in my wallet
spare set of keys (all the ones that I don't use regularly but want to have, in case)
cell phone
keys (normal set, hangs on outside)
small notebook
pen
short sharpie
gum
bandaids
pepper spray
winning lottery ticket that I keep forgetting to turn in
small contact case

hair related:
cherrywood fine-ish tooth comb
3 terrycloth elastics
1 "ouchless" elastic
2 short ketylos
1 short g3 studios stick (conservative color, for job interviews)
1 green ribbontwist ozark twist.

What's scary is that this is a small purse! And I still have room!

Shanarana
July 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM

OMG, that's awful, and my car just got stolen today...what the http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1038/censoredss3.jpg is wrong with people.

blue_nant
July 24th, 2008, 06:16 PM
I put my hair up in the morning and take it down in the evening. No need to brush, comb or do anything with it in between.
In my hypothetical handbag you could possibly find chewing gum, a pocket knife, snus, some nice stones, branches or plant seeds, most likely plenty of dust and cat hair, some dry cat-food, kleenex and sunblocker. No mobile phone, makeup or hair things. :cool: I´m weird.

I'm weird too, then, Cousin It!

I do have a purse, but it carries emergency stuff that I leave in my truck all day. It does have my horn comb in it and cell phone (I never use it), my wallet, my decorated bag of echinacea root from my yard, a tiny tin of headache remedy with a cartoon badger on it, some contact fluid and my glasses and contact case. But like I said, that bag stays in my truck all day; I don't carry it around.

What I carry on my person (in pockets) includes:
my flash drive
my spare truck key
my regular keys and my work keys (spare hair tie)
a dollar in change for a soda
a teeny pocketwatch
and I try to keep a pen on my neckline. You can't believe how hard it is to find a pen where I work!

Branches or plant seeds? Cool! what sorts?

Takethevitamin
July 24th, 2008, 07:10 PM
My keychain has a small plastic keyring that I slide metal-free hair elastics onto...definitely something to look into for those of you who tend to have loose hair ties all over the place. If I need to bring a barrette or snap-clip of some sort, I'll just snap it around through the elastics.

A brush, and a double-sided comb is usually sufficient, though don't encourage me to bring more.

My big, studded doctor's bag purse is already filled with enough odd things that I don't need any more ideas.

Off the top of my head:
- Wallet, checkbook, plastic coupon/gift card/business card container, clear ID/debit-etc. card holder.
- Separate filled-to-the-brim coin purse with a few extra bills 'just in-case'.
- Cosmetic case and tiny mirror and tiny brush roll (don't even get me started).
- Keyring with everything imaginable on it -- even my usb drives, tiny calculator, and mini-flashlight, and a tiny digital photo album on it that you need to hit for it to work.
- Brush, comb, hairties/clips on aforementioned key ring.
- Small pen/art case, with tiny flags for marking places in books/magazines, small roll of tape, etc.
- Small notebook and sketchbook.
- Book or magazine.
- Cheap tracing paper from art store used as blotting paper, tiny pack of tissues.
- Tiny sewing kit (maybe 3"x1") with thread, needles, safety pins.
- Tiny first-aid kit and 3" pill/vitamin case.
- Socks (don't ask), gloves (if cold).
- Sunglasses in case. Sometimes, a few pairs...
- Measuring tape (everyone laughs at me for this...but I swear, it's useful).
- Case of six collapsible screwdrivers.
- Camera, if I remember.
- Cellphone (of course...)
- Blank CD or DVD.
- Mp3 player, or dvd player in each's case, if appropriate and I remember.
- Ugly, horrendous watch (that I'd never wear) to use for scientific purposes: it features a thermometer, barometer, altimeter, hygrometer attachment, map-program, and more...
- Gum/mints/(I should really think about carrying a collapsible toothbrush/travel paste).
- Tiny bottle of water-free cleanser, tiny bottle of lotion (these go in the aforementioned cosmetic case), tiny bottle of shampoo, in-case I'm stuck somewhere.
- A note that my Husband had written for me in the exotic Eritrean language on a very special day for us...*sigh*.
- Hip flask of good vodka.
- A good, sturdy multitool.
- Handkerchief, for a formal occasion, if I transfer the bare necessities to a tiny formal purse.
- Something that smells like my Husband, perhaps...?

ZaBasDa
July 24th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Erm. I don't carry too many hair things with me. You can find:
wallet
spare body jewelry
various writing utensils
papers
make-up bag
scissors
phone
about a pack and a half of bobby pins
several of some form of hair tie.

Marcipangris
July 24th, 2008, 09:17 PM
That's quite a list, Takethevitamin! ;)

Lixie
July 24th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Hair things
Hair sticks if I'm wearing a braid/loose hair.
Miniature wooden bristle hair brush with hair ties looped around the handle
Bobby pins (inside money purse)

Non-hair things
Purse containing money, cards (ID, debit card, loyalty cards etc.) and a few sticking plasters
House keys
Phone
Pen
Purse contaning feminine items, painkillers and a small vial of scent
Inhaler

Zindell
July 24th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Widetooth comb
Bunch of outchless elastics in diff colors
Bobypins
A barette

LadyGunn
July 24th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I think I have a hair pick in my purse & I always try to keep a hair stick or two in addition to an elastic. As for the other stuff:
pocketbook, iPod, Silly Putty, gum, several pens, lip gloss, the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream that someone mentioned a bit ago, lotion, eczema cream, Naproxen (Aleve), car keys, keys & badge for work... I think that's it, except for the throwing knives in their sheath that I attach to every purse. I used to have a push blade in there too, but Dad took it & I haven't gotten it back yet. :mad:

I keep all the important stuff in my pockets - a couple of hair clips, lip balm & my Leatherman.

liseling
July 25th, 2008, 05:47 AM
hair-friendly elastics
bobby pins
small container with some conditioner

sapphire-o
July 25th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I don't carry any handbags. I do have a couple elastics in my jeans pocket. It's a shame that I have quite a hairtoy collection, but I don't keep any with me when I go out. Occasionally I put a Ficcare in the car.

Wow, just read all the replies. Some of you gals must carry several pounds of stuff with you.

Isilme
July 25th, 2008, 07:04 AM
A gigantic set of headphoes (can't wear the small ones because of my tragus piercings and got some big ones and awesome sound too!)
Rechargable spare batteries for my mp3-player
Two elastics
One wooden comb
cell phone
Wallet
some pantyliners and tampoons (if it's that time of the month I have an extra little purse with more stuff and some painkillers.
A notebook and two pens
Four bobby pins

That's after I cleaned it out, hehe.

Amoretti
July 25th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I don't have any hair related stuff in my bag. LOL. My hair stays put all day with its trusty hairfork so I don't have to have emergency hair things.

I have:
my wallet,
credit card,
ID
a pen
Driver's license
My and my DS3's medical cards,
painkillers
money
lipstick
chapstick
hand cream
SFP
tissues
keys
sunglasses
a small bottle of mineral water.

As you can see, they're all essentials. :)

may1em
July 25th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Right now there'a a hairstick and a hairsafe elastic in there. I usually carry an elastic and a wavelength pin, but this is summer and I'm doing a program from school away from home.

I also have these things:
Front pocket - vaseline, lip balm, phone, package of kleenex
Main pocket - eye drops, keys, small baggie of medications, pens, water bottle, novel, notebook, map of city I'm in
Zipper pocket - hand sanitizer, fan, hairthings mentioned above, blotting paper, some more meds
Back pocket - wallet.

I usually carry less - but my purse has been doubling as school bag so it will often have the materials I need for class in it.

FrannyG
July 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Compartment 1:

Wallet
Pen
Pencil
Small notepad

Compartment 2:

Advil
Inhaler for asthma emergencies
2 hairsticks
2 hair hosiery hair ties
2 Good day hairpins

Zippered pocket:

Lipstick
Lip balm
Eyeliner pencil
Tiny compact mirror

Assessment: boring

misspriss
July 25th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Thinks I always carry, in pocket or purse
Wallet
Keys
Cell Phone
Chapstick
Cigarettes
Lighter (I quit!)

On work days the list includes
Pens
Name tag

Other items that are regularly in my purse:
Rewetting drops
Advil
Planner
Purfume
Mirror

And Hair related:
elastics, if I'm lucky
clips for bangs
And that is it.

Melisande
July 25th, 2008, 10:54 AM
My stuff is grouped, too, and I move it from teacher's bag to handbag to shopping bag to laptop backpack in batches:

small pocket:
keys
USB stick
tiny torch

front pocket:
mobile phone
wallet
planner (moleskine)
pen
MP3

back pocket:
water bottle
peppermint candies and/or chewing gum (black airwaves)
books

zippered middle pocket:
silk shawl for airconditioned rooms or to cover my hair in the sun
sunglasses

zippered little purse with mirror:
mascara, eyeliner, kajal, old mascara brush for eyebrows
lipstick, lipgloss, sheabutter for lips
mineral foundation and powder in tiny portions, kabuki brush
wide toothed comb

zippered little purse without mirror:
medication, hygiene stuff, band aid
tiny pump bottle with rosewater and camellia oil for hair
elastics, ficcare, hairfork, flexi 8
tiny pump bottle with body splash for hot days
shea butter for hands
nail clipser and small glass file
small pack of baby wipes (which I use for everything)
mini sewing kit

All my different bags are organized according to the same principles. I have an extra basket where I put the things when I come home because I switch between bags. I update my makeup bag in the morning so the colors fit.

My bags are always full but I need all that stuff since I'm away from home for many hours and I have to look impeccable because I teach and nobody has sharper eyes than a bunch of students ;-)

pookatrina
July 25th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Right this very second:
Wallet
Silver Cigarette Case that I use as a business cards case
Mints
1 pen & 1 pencil
Coin purse
Lotion
Silver & Tanzanite Ring (I wondered where this was)
Paper clip
2 Alba lip balms
1 Neutrogena Lip Soother
2 Lipsticks
1 Travel tin of Orange Blossom White Tea (No matter where I go, I refuse to settle for sub-par tea.)
Spare watch
Imitrex
Asthma inhaler
Pill Case
Back-up pill case
Key Chain
Hair Fork

lady G
July 25th, 2008, 11:24 AM
lots of things :)

purse
bottle of water
comb
hairspray
tablets incase of headaches
bobbypins
cheque book
mobile phone
dental floss
a good luck charm
keys
perfume
diary
lip balm
make up bag with eyeliners/mascara/lipstick/blusher
powder compact

Darkhorse1
July 25th, 2008, 12:28 PM
pretty clips, hair elastics (no metal parts), terry ties, scrunchies, bobby-pins (decorative on the few occasions I go out), ficcares (well, ficcare type clips), barrettes, mini jaws clips

I'm the one all the riders come to if they need a hair elastic if they've lost or forgotten theirs! :)

hazelceleste
July 25th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I keep at least one ponytail holder in my bag at all times, but I usually have a few other hairtoys in there, too. There's usually a stick or two floating around, and maybe my wooden comb. Ficcares get clipped to the strap.

Other stuff includes: cigarettes, a tiny bottle of febreze, cell phone, keys, wallet, sunglasses, CV macadamia babassu lip balm, a leatherman multi-tool, assorted crystals, an emergency claritin-d, hard candies that i buy and never eat, and random arts and crafts supplies.

Lady Verity
July 25th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Oh dear. I carry no hair things.

But I do carry tarot cards!

MusingFrog
July 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM
It is pretty basic for me:

Wallet
Comb
Keys
Planner
Tissues
Extra Scrunchies
Cell phone
Small bag with sanitary articles
3-4 Pens

itslex71
July 25th, 2008, 05:17 PM
One hair band and a wide tooth comb.

Cinnamon.locks
July 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I carry a leather backpack because i'm used to taking off on a 24 to 48 hour trip on the spur of the moment if i have the cash and the means for it so: what i do carry in my purse is;

Hair related.

1 BBB (boar bristle brush, oval shape.)
1 Wide tooth comb.
1 small perfume bottle. (yes i also spritz perfume on hair.)
5 knitted scrunchies. Ballerina bun covers. (various colors and styles.)
2 hairsticks.
2 hair forks.
1 bottle of aloe/oil mixed for face, hair and skin.
4 black no metal ponytail holders.

Non Hair related:

2 pens, 1 leather bound daily planner, 1 writer's helper notebook, 1 leather bound notebook, large wallet, medical paperwork, medium makeup bag with varied makeup products, French/English dictionary, various pieces of paper (bills, paid items, etc.) keys, asthma inhaler, Scottish dirk, mirror, varied medication ( pain pills, allergy meds.) earphones for my walkman cell phone, nail file, camera, small picture album, small deodorant, antibacterial gel bottle, my mother's gold watch (sentimental reasons.)

vindo
July 25th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Well for my hair I have:

A wide toothed comb
A fine toothed comb
Hairbands and small claw clips and always 1 big clap clip for emergency updos
Shea butter

SweetPea88
July 25th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Lets see...phone, wallet, chapstick and lip/hand salve, hair ties, keys, gum, pen, pencil...

Sometimes my wooden comb from the body shop and a hairstick.

Nevermore
July 25th, 2008, 10:17 PM
At the moment, nothing. This thread has reminded me to put a hairstick in to replace the one I used and forgot to put back.

I'd love to get a small, cheap bbb and a pocket comb to keep in there, because that's all I'd need to make myself look awesome in short order. I really do need a bbb to smooth my hair back into my mean lady buns, otherwise it'll hold the indents of the comb's teeth, if that makes sense.

Otherwise, my purse contains:

gum

hand wipes

house keys

money

learner's permit

pen

paper

I only put my phone in there if I'll need it, usually it's in my desk as I only use it for emergencies and job-related things. It's easier, and cheaper, for me to IM people than for me to call them especially with my hearing problems.

Indigo Girl
July 25th, 2008, 10:27 PM
The only thing I carry is a few GHD hair pins. Typically I plan my hair around whatever I'll be doing that day so I don't have to lug an entourage of items, but the pins come in handy on a day I wear it down because I hate eating with my hair down.

I like to plan my hair around my day too. I usually carry the following:

- Small wooden brush
- Scrunchie
- Hair elastic
- 2 barrettes
- Dry shampoo (on non-wash days)

jenna
July 25th, 2008, 10:32 PM
i basically have two bags: one for running around/everyday stuff (it's actually an estee lauder makeup bag i grabbed at a thrift store) and then i have a slightly bigger one (from timbuk2.com) that i'll use for if i'm traveling.

right now i'm using the makeup bag. it has:
a wallet
a little zippered pouch with my hearing aids, keys, lip balm, solid perfume, concealer and some elastic hair ties.
two kinds of gum
a notepad with a pen

winter_star
July 26th, 2008, 12:50 AM
I usually change what is in my handbag to suit what hairstyle i'm wearing that day. But this is what I usually carry:

purse
mobile
ipod
keys
lavendar lip balm
Burt's Bees honey lipbalm
compact mirror
Badger headache soother oil
pain killers
small pack of tissues
Burt's Bees minature banana hand creme
small comb/sometimes a brush
about a dozen elastics
and a cute victorian style pearl hair clip

Not too bad I guess...

Siowiel
July 26th, 2008, 01:52 AM
For hair, I carry a comb and an elastic. Sometimes, I have also pins or other stuff, but only if I ttok them out and forgot to remove them from my handbag.

Other things I carry regularly:
Pocket-size umbrella
Wallet
Keys
Mobile
Handkerchiefs
Lip balm
Hand cream
Some Notepaper
Pen/Pencils

GlassEyes
July 26th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Lesse, I carry...

XD

Riot Crrl
July 26th, 2008, 02:43 AM
I'm only putting hair stuff:

Scrunchy
Fakkare beak-like thing (don't want the real ones to get scratched on keys etc.)

Cloverleaf
July 26th, 2008, 04:33 AM
For hair I keep a comb in my purse, and have a small plastic sandwich bag with elastic hair bands and some hair pins. They're in the bag so I can find them easily!

Other items include:
wallet
pocket calendar
tissue
lipstick
cell phone
don't forget keys!

Anlbe
July 26th, 2008, 04:47 AM
I just started using a work bag which has a tiny handbag inside.
So strictly speaking my handbag only has the essentials - purse, phone, keys (which used to have the most useful mini swiss army knife until it got taken away at Wimbledon, grrr that was silly of me), about 10 library cards

Work bag also has a small pouch (little make up bag) in which I keep the things that used to be in my normal size handbag
- mini torches (one red one white)
- small sewing kit with white, grey, brown and black threaded neadles and safety pins in a business card case which also contains the mini first aid kit of
-plasters, ibuprofen, antihistamine, paracetamol, mini vials of eyedrops, cologne wipes (2 of each)
-diary
-hair stick, hair pins, wide tooth comb
-pen, pencil, biro
-minitape measure
-camera
-spare mobile phone
- mini lip and cheek stain, lip gloss (which can also be used as highlighter for eyes and cheaks), white eye pencil, dark brown and dark purple eye pencil (can also be smudged to use as eyeshadow ), tweasers.
Just means I always feel prepared. My car also has a little overnight bag in it just in case I end up unexpectedly end up staying at a friends (like the other day when my father locked me out of my flat). I strive for the dream that one day I will be organised!

bex487
July 26th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I'd love to get a small, cheap bbb and a pocket comb to keep in there, because that's all I'd need to make myself look awesome in short order. I really do need a bbb to smooth my hair back into my mean lady buns, otherwise it'll hold the indents of the comb's teeth, if that makes sense.

If you have a Sally Beauty Supply near you, they sell them! I got a great small BBB-it's really narrow and perfect for styling. It was under $4.00 too.

Saranne772
July 26th, 2008, 10:46 AM
small comb
2 hair sticks
barrette
a couple of bobbles
beak clip
mirror (I have to look at what I am doing/done

Saranne772
July 26th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Other items:
Mobile
ear phones
purse
inhaler
tablets (hayfever, stomach disorder, painkillers)
plasters
pen
paper
tapemeasure (been looking for fabric)
gum
keys
book
bookmark (spare)
tissues
Mantilla (incase I forget one at a mtg- or a friend needs to borrow a headcovering)
nailclippers
S&D scissors
Haha- just found some fishing line and weights.
Newtestament
batteries

No its not a massive bag

Anje
July 26th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Hmmm... No purse for me, unless I don't have pockets. I usually have a stick, wavelength pin, or an elastic with me, at minimum, though I sometimes don't have anything if my hair's already up. My backpack has a comb and a stick in it for emergencies, but I haven't needed them in months.

Not hair related: I usually have with me a wallet, cell phone, keys, and a pen. When I'm pocketless, these usually get transferred to a bag, which normally sits empty.

dorothea-brooke
July 26th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Hair things:
wooden Body Shop comb (I think I may actually like this better than my horn comb!)
back-up emergency scrunchie
couple of clippy barrettes (still growing out those bangs :lol:)
small barrette for emergency half-ups

Non-hair things:
keys
cell phone
bus pass
wallet
iPod touch (!!!) + earbuds
business card case + cards
memo pad for sudden ideas
fountain pen
little embroidered make-up bag with lipstick, mirror, etc.
sunglasses
little mesh bag with hairtoys (see above) and other emergency items (Bandaids, plastic yogurt spoons, teeny sewing kit, hand sanitizer, Visine, Tylenol, etc., etc.)

Wow, it sounds like a lot, but I've actually got a pretty slim handbag and it all fits in there pretty well!

dorothea

LadyGunn
July 26th, 2008, 01:02 PM
2 pens, 1 leather bound daily planner, 1 writer's helper notebook, 1 leather bound notebook, large wallet, medical paperwork, medium makeup bag with varied makeup products, French/English dictionary, various pieces of paper (bills, paid items, etc.) keys, asthma inhaler, Scottish dirk, mirror, varied medication ( pain pills, allergy meds.) earphones for my walkman cell phone, nail file, camera, small picture album, small deodorant, antibacterial gel bottle, my mother's gold watch (sentimental reasons.)

I got such a kick outta this one! :D

Nevermore
July 26th, 2008, 01:16 PM
If you have a Sally Beauty Supply near you, they sell them! I got a great small BBB-it's really narrow and perfect for styling. It was under $4.00 too.

Ohh, thanks for the tip! I was thinking of getting one at the dollar store, but we have a Sally's here and those brushes are the same price. I'll have to get one the next time I'm near there.

tuuli
July 26th, 2008, 05:17 PM
A wooden comb
one or two snag free hair elastics
a flexi-8
a ficcare

insideitall
July 26th, 2008, 06:23 PM
This thread made me laff.. made my dog come over wagging his tail :D

Reminds me of my mother.. she carries several pounds (no lie) of stuff in her pocketbook, consisting mostly of tissues, crumpled reciepts, and a huge wallet with change, lots of cards, and some non-crumpled reciepts. I'm sure there're more things but that seems to be the majority of it. I stopped asking her to let me clean it out years ago cause she always said no :rolleyes:

As for me - depends on where I'm going and how long I'll be out, but the vast majority of the time the most I have is keys, wallet, phone, inhaler, and chapstick. I try to leave as much of that as possible in the car because I don't carry a purse at all.

I do have to carry a drawstring bag to work, because I have a book and my breakfast/drink/lunch to put in there. I really hate carrying a bag, and I'm constantly cursing my pants for not having pockets big enough to put the basics in.

Hair related, I have a few tiny clear plastic elastic hair ties that stay in the little zipper pocket of my wallet.

Ironically, my boyfriend carries more than I do (and in his pockets, no less).. including a comb. For his no-longer-than-two-inches hair. Ha. I've never seen him use it, so I'm not sure why he bothers.

I'm super jealous of whoever's carrying a dirk, by the way.

VanillaTresses
July 26th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Hairwise:
Extra hair elastics (metal-free)
A couple of barrettes
A couple of bobby pins
CoverGirl compact (brown) with mirror (need to look at back of updos)
A small comb or fold-able brush
Curel hand lotion (travel size-- can be used on ends as a smoothing creme- has cones)

Otherwise:
Lippy
Wallet
Phone
Pencil

Kayleena
July 28th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Hi, everyone! :) These are the hair-related items that I could potentially have in my purse, although not all at the same time: a regular comb, a tail comb, a hair pick, a small mirror, a headband, & different sizes of 2-balled & round hair ties, claw clips, regular clips, & barrettes. What I actually have in my purse at any one time depends on how I styled my hair that day. Usually there are 1 or 2 styles to which I could change it if necessary, & I choose the hair accessories for that day based on that. When I get better at styling updos, I might add to the list hair pins, bobby pins, & hair sticks. I could use a mister, too, if I can find one small enough. Happy hairstyling! – **Lady Kayleena Victoria of the Performance Stage in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights**

Stagecoach
July 28th, 2008, 07:01 AM
My hair related items are very simple. A comb. On rare occasions I'll have a hair stick or some Amish hair pins in it, but that's only if I've taken my hair down in public.

Other stuff.

A copy of the consitution.
A pocket knife
Keys
1 tub of chap stick and 2 tubes of lip gloss
A compact mirror
Glass cleaning rag
Sunglasses
Wallet with money and such
Coin purse
Pen

Everything is kept in little bags or something so it's all contained and easy to get exactly what I want.

kettle
July 28th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Just tipped mine out... let's see...
one wide toothed comb, my wallet, keys, a pen, a scrunchie, deoderant, lipbalm, mobile, claw clip, and suncream... hurray, we have need for suncream!

Yellowmoon
July 28th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Currently: 2 ponytail elastics, 1 comb, 2 hair sticks, my favorite giant claw clip and a few hair pins.

wendyg
July 28th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I'm just amazed how many people carry handbags.

wg

Mely
July 28th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Any tips for organizing stuff in a purse? This is always a struggle for me. Is it better to by a purse that has lots of compartments, or to use a lot if little bags (sub-purses?) inside a larger purse?

When I say "purse" I think I mean what most people are calling a hand-bag. Not sure why I always call it a purse.

dorothea-brooke
July 28th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Any tips for organizing stuff in a purse? This is always a struggle for me. Is it better to by a purse that has lots of compartments, or to use a lot if little bags (sub-purses?) inside a larger purse?

When I say "purse" I think I mean what most people are calling a hand-bag. Not sure why I always call it a purse.

I swear by the "sub-purses" method. The Container Store (and probably other places as well) carries these fab metallic mesh zipper bags in several different sizes -- I have two of them inside my handbag right now.

They're great because they're very mod and sleek-looking, you can see what's inside (the mesh) enough for yourself but not too much for privacy, and I can quickly switch important collections of things from handbag to backpack.

dorothea

bex487
July 28th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I have a Coach tote that has inner and outer pockets...it's perfect! I have a specific pocket for my cell (so it doesn't get scratched), another for my lipbalm, another for my keys, and yet another for pens. The purse compartments at the container store are really neat and useful!

Stagecoach
July 30th, 2008, 04:16 PM

I use the sub-purse method. I've got a make up bag for my comb, mirror, lip stuff and Ibuprophen (when it's that time of month). Another bag for my coins. A wallet for my money and cards. A case for my sunglasses and rag. So, the only thing I don't have seperate things for are my knife, constitution and pen.

Islandgrrl
July 30th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Hmmm.....what *is* in there????

Thin foldover wallet with just ID stuff and a credit card in it.
2 EpiPens
2 Good Days hairpins (why??? two doesn't do me much good! :)
Burts Bees Papaya Lip Shimmer
A small change purse with some coinds.
A mascara sized mister bottle w/water in it.

DeepRiver
July 30th, 2008, 04:49 PM
1) alcohol-based hand sanitizer (for my kiddos)
2) Wet wipes (also for the kiddos)
3) My wallet (ironically also used for the kiddos and husband)
4) My make-up bag

I now realize that my purse is only 25% mine. I am sub-letting 75% of the space to my kiddos and husband!!!

DeepRiver
July 30th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I also forgot to add that I carry my cell phone. I didn't remember it because my daughter is using it right now!!! I know this vital info skews my percentages somewhat, but math was never my strong point, so I'm going to let it go at that!!

LilyMunster
July 30th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Horn comb, hairsticks, some leave-in tube of something or other, a slide, baby hosiery elastics for the end tie off.

Takethevitamin
July 30th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Hmmm.....what *is* in there????

Thin foldover wallet with just ID stuff and a credit card in it.
2 EpiPens
2 Good Days hairpins (why??? two doesn't do me much good! :)
Burts Bees Papaya Lip Shimmer
A small change purse with some coinds.
A mascara sized mister bottle w/water in it.

I forgot to mention my Epipens, too, but they were in the "first-aid" kit.

Where'd you get the mini-mister?

Calanthe
July 31st, 2008, 12:58 AM
Hair related I'm a minimalist. There's my emergency scrunchie and a buff during winter.

As for the rest - huh, don't ask.

Curlsgirl
July 31st, 2008, 08:07 AM
I just got around to checking. I have my small bag with me today at work and I have a Graydog turned dymondwood hairstick, a cheap wood hairstick and a Blondiesturn birdseye maple hair fork. I usually carry a scrunchie and and extra pony band but I am sure there are several dozen of those in my car if I needed them :D

sipnsun
July 31st, 2008, 08:20 AM
scrunchie
wide tooth comb
soft BBB
a few capsules of coconut oil

atlantaz3
July 31st, 2008, 07:51 PM
Just switched purses - wooden comb and I think an ouchless elastic band buried in my coin purse...

yrrebwartsymssi
July 31st, 2008, 08:37 PM
i have bobby pins
hair clips
a VERY small bottle of conditioner... like what they give you at hotels
and some scrunchies
and some of my daughter's hairbows lol (just incase she decides to eat one off her head)

Giggy2
July 31st, 2008, 09:13 PM
- Small Madora purse comb that I can't live without. I love, love, love it. Bought it on my Enchantress visit years ago. I would be so sad if I lost it.
- Small scissors for S&D whenever I have to wait somewhere. I enjoy S&D'ing with the right light behind.
- Usually a couple of hairbands or a scrunchie and a couple of bands are usually around my wrist at all times.
- My one and only ficcare, which is the most awesome hair tool!

Many other things are in my purse but those are the most important things. ;)

lady G
August 1st, 2008, 01:41 AM
Hair related things in my bag now that I have a short bob, a comb, small clips and hairspray :)

socks
August 1st, 2008, 07:37 AM
Well, I have two elastics in my favorite bag (which I only use once or twice a week) and nothing hair-related in any of the others.

It's not too bad, though. I always pin my hair up with two big plastic clips, and if for some reason one breaks, I might be able to manage to keep it up with a clip and a pen. If that doesn't work, I could always braid it and leave the end untied. I'd have at least a couple hours before it manages to completely unbraid itself.

truepeacenik
August 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM

oh, man. I empathize. I had my bag stolen years (and Years) ago in high school, and I still wish I had the photos. yah, $2 is all they got, along with my ID.
and a friend's dad got mugged today. blasted humans.

now, what's in the pack I use for work?
reporters notebooks, pens/pencils, a book or two, bus/train pass, wallet, a couple random sticks, an odd snagless hair tie, the planned toy of the day/night, lip balm, lotion, SPF lotion.

eta
my ric the combmaker/ sierra Legacy palm comb (vest? can't remember)

zen_oven
August 1st, 2008, 06:39 PM
A wooden Body Shop comb. That's it.

catfish
August 1st, 2008, 07:20 PM
Hmmm, lets see, I have
wallet
baby wipes
small notebook
pen/ pencil
mints
knife
extra bullets
stick of coco butter
floss
mini anti-itch lotion
crackers
granola bar
fruit leather
turkey jerky
juice box
water
meds
Ha, just realized how much food I carry:D
All this and nothing hair related.:crazyq:

nutsenmai
August 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
A Mason Pearson comb - a brush is too big!
A couple hair elastics - not actually elastic...
Several hair pins
Possibly a hair stick
A thin/small type scrunchie - I never use it, but it's there

...and I thought I was a minimalist!

Gumball
August 1st, 2008, 08:44 PM
I don't really carry a handbag, but when I'm at work in my backpack I have two hairsticks, a comb, a spare hair tie and 3-4 bobby pins just in case. That's my personal emergency kit and it's come in handy not only for me but for a few of the people around me at work. Haha.

EvaSimone
August 2nd, 2008, 06:11 AM
BBB
Regular wooden hairbrush
1 ficcare
1 barreis fork
1 hair stick
2 hair ties

I think I am overdoing it a bit...

sahiba
August 4th, 2008, 01:20 AM
I normally keep a comb and a hair scrunchi ,which goes with my outfit,for an emergency ponytail (in case my updo falls down.)

ColoradoDreamer
August 4th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Right now, I have a small brush, a mirror, and a handful of ponytail elastics. There might also be a barrette lurking in the bottom of my purse, but I'm not sure.

Forest
August 4th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Since I started experimenting with CO - always a mirror so I can check the back of my head at work

One or a couple of elastics (or so I think but every now and then I can't find them)
A barette (spelling??) - if I haven't used it and forgotten to replace it

It is very annoying those days I want to put my hair up but can't because of no elastics and no barette.....:mad:

redmj
October 13th, 2011, 08:33 PM
I did the same thing this morning and found
1 wooden comb
1 fine tooth/rat tail comb
1 bag hair elastics yes I said bag
1 container bobby pins
1 baggie decorative pins
1 container of monster bobby pins.
And I'm pretty sure that's it. Maybe

redmj
October 13th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Oh and hairsticks. 2 pairs.

KwaveT
October 13th, 2011, 09:11 PM
All I carry in my purse right now is a mirror, small brush, and a Tangle Tamer. I imagine that I will be carrying more things that are hair related once my hair gets long.

Kristin
October 13th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Either a wood comb or a Tangle Teaser. And about 10 different hair sticks. I emptied out my purse in front of some students the other day and they stared incredulously at my hair toys. :) I also have a few rubber bands and pins at the bottom.

Clem_Dela
October 13th, 2011, 10:33 PM
wallet, some change, two different packs of gum, and a chapstick.

I have lots of other things in my backpack...:)

Asequui
October 13th, 2011, 11:14 PM
This is what is usually in my purse/bag/etc:
Bobby pins
Brush/comb
At least one hairwrap
At least one hairstick
Possibly a clip
Possibly an oil that can do double duty for cuticles and hair

Edit to add: Just went through my purse looking for chapstick and found:
Spinpins! How in the world did I forget those? I've got spinpins in the truck, in the apt, in my bag...

teal
October 13th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Oof, this is one old thread! :D

I carry.. nothing. Seriously. My wallet is smaller than most men's wallets. I can barely stand taking a purse. I have this little change wallet into which I put my cards and cash and whatnot, and I usually carry that with phone and keys in my jacket pockets.

If I'm taking a backpack I'll sometimes toss a detangling comb and a hair elastic or two in, just for emergencies. Oh, and sometimes a little tub of coconut oil... usually when I know my hair will be getting wet. ;)

ssjhotau2
October 14th, 2011, 12:30 AM
I only just started carrying a wallet around this summer- now that I'm wearing a skirt most of the time I don't have pockets for a wallet- so I had to get a purse. I don't quite have it down yet and I still leave it places lol- but it has proved to be somewhat convenient in the items I can carry.

1- hair elastic
2- hair sticks or ficcare (whichever I'm not wearing)
3- spin pins (new addition that I haven't used yet)

Bazinga
October 14th, 2011, 01:11 AM
I don't have much hair stuff in my handbag. But I have got bobby pins with me most of the time because I'm growing out my bangs and they don't stay behind my ear by themselves. :rolleyes:

Ecliafr
October 14th, 2011, 01:57 AM
I usually carry a Ketylo stick and that's pretty much it!

Loreley
October 14th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Just a wide tooth comb, nothing else.

ZenGwen
October 14th, 2011, 03:32 AM
A bunch of assorted elastics, a black claw clip, a couple of bobby pins, a brush, combo shampoo/conditioner for the gym, sometimes a hairstick.

tigereye
October 14th, 2011, 03:36 AM
I carry: My wide-tooth comb
a hairstick (or two)
Also a few pencils and pens are there permanently incase I use the hairstick and don't put it back.
Sometimes my softer BBB, but not often.
There's normally a bobby-pin or two slipped over the edge of the phone pocket
I almost always have a hair elastic on my wrist - unless it's in my hair.

I also nearly always carry a blunt, wide-eyed needle, a sharp wide-eyed needle (with the end in a cork, so it doesnt stab me) and a roll of hemp (primarily for things other than hair, and mainly for other people, such as for sewing buttons on waistcoats and jackets last minute for the guys in the band, and/or lending to pipers who forget theirs. But the blunt needle is perfect for hair taping, and the hemp is dark enough to do hair taping, without being obvious.)

Bish
October 14th, 2011, 03:48 AM
I carry:

- A comb and/or brush in travel size. Still looking for hair friendly travel size brushes though
- A small claw clip to put my hair up when I'm outside (wind, rain, cycling, etc)
- A hair elastic
- If I think I'm going to need it, my ponytail claw clip thingy (I really don't know what these are called!!)
- Does an umbrella count as hair related? :D

KwaveT
October 14th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I only just started carrying a wallet around this summer- now that I'm wearing a skirt most of the time I don't have pockets for a wallet- so I had to get a purse. I don't quite have it down yet and I still leave it places lol- but it has proved to be somewhat convenient in the items I can carry.

1- hair elastic
2- hair sticks or ficcare (whichever I'm not wearing)
3- spin pins (new addition that I haven't used yet)

This sounds like me. I have trouble keeping up with a purse too at times even though I have used one since May. I have even had some women leave their purse at my checkout register at work. I am glad this is not a problem for just as men. I left it at the table at restaurant the other day while going to buffet to get a couple of desserts. I have done that on handful of occassions. To my credit, I have never lost it though. I just take my eye off of it when I should not be. I get mad at myself when it does happen because I know it could be stolen.

redmj
October 14th, 2011, 06:25 AM
I also nearly always carry a blunt, wide-eyed needle, a sharp wide-eyed needle (with the end in a cork, so it doesnt stab me) and a roll of hemp (primarily for things other than hair, and mainly for other people, such as for sewing buttons on waistcoats and jackets last minute for the guys in the band, and/or lending to pipers who forget theirs. But the blunt needle is perfect for hair taping, and the hemp is dark enough to do hair taping, without being obvious.)

You reminded me! I also have a blunt needle for taping but have taken my ribbon out :rolleyes:

summergreen
October 14th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Always - bobbles (elastics)
Sometimes - hair pins and grips
Very occasionally - sock for emergency sock bun!

Mannaz
October 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Half of my wide tooth comb. Half because I accidentally stepped on it and broke it in two... I thought it was a bit awkward to begin with, so now I have two in handy sizes instead of one big :D

Usually I also carry a hairstick, elastics tend be around my wrist rahter than in my bag.

jujube
October 14th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Only a few clips and elastics.

ElusiveMuse
October 14th, 2011, 11:06 AM
I keep a little pot of Panacea salve, a wooden hair fork or stick, and sometimes a ponytail holder although I can't remember the last time I actually used one.

I need to get some small S&D scissors because I always seem to notice totally egregious splits when I'm out and about.

Mrspuddinhead
October 14th, 2011, 12:06 PM
A brush, rat tail comb, and several rubber bands, both clear and elastic.

mom2fourgirls
October 14th, 2011, 12:14 PM
phone, keys, wooden hair comb, boar brush, make up bag, hand sanitizer, little sample of perfume, jaw clips, elastic clips, wallet, brag book, bottle of water, crayons, little notepad, hand creme, pacifier

Vanilla
October 14th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Comb
Hair ties
Spin pin
Rosebud salve (for flyaway ends)

GlassWidow
October 14th, 2011, 12:31 PM
It's funny that this thread popped up, as I was just rooting in my handbag for a hairtoy, and found none! I do have my wooden wide-tooth comb, though. Thankfully, I discovered some long-forgotten mini bobbies in my desk drawer, so I was able to secure my bangs off my face at least.

Random things that I did find in my bag, though, include:
a bottle of nail polish
a creaseless cream eyeshadow I thought I'd lost
at least two of the plastic bandaid holders that my PCP's office gives away
an empty pill carrier that could be attached to my key chain
my husband's car key
a mini folding ultility knife
a coupon for a free ride on the carousel at a local mall

So, as you can see, I am prepared for just about everything EXCEPT a hair emergency. ;)

ebba
October 14th, 2011, 12:45 PM
hair elastics & bobby pins :)

archel
October 14th, 2011, 01:05 PM
A small pocket Mason Pearson comb, the small pocket sized Sonia Kashuk mixed bristle brush, lots of bobby pins and elastics, a tiny can of Sebastian hair spray that never gets used.

nobeltonya
October 14th, 2011, 01:10 PM
*extra hair sticks
*wide-tooth comb
*another comb that I don't use [need to clean my bag...]
*2 small claw clips
*old hair bands that I don't use [see above]
*scissors for when I get time to s&d [generally sitting in the car] :)
I think that's it..

Finnenna
October 14th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Nothing in my purse except a pack of gum and my wallet. ><

Diamond.Eyes
October 14th, 2011, 06:20 PM
In my little bag I carry my homemade hair spritz, a wide toothed comb, bobby pins, a rubber band haha :D

Cassie 123
October 14th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Nothing, and I carry a huge backpack whenever I'm out of the house with the kids. My hair is low-maintenance... unlike my kids.