PDA

View Full Version : Cutting my TBL hair back to waist today!

MicheleClaire
March 27th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I've finally reached my goal of TBL and while I love my hair, I just can't take care of it anymore. It takes me ages every morning to detangle and I've been thinking that I should cut back for awhile. I'm going to take baby steps and only cut off six or so inches (I don't want to cry in the chair!) and maybe more in the future.

Here's a photo I took of my hair today, I'll post another photo in this comment when I get my haircut in a few hours. Wish me luck!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5997&pictureid=129656

After! It's at my waist, I swear:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5997&pictureid=129662
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5997&pictureid=129663

bunzfan
March 27th, 2012, 08:27 AM
I've finally reached my goal of TBL and while I love my hair, I just can't take care of it anymore. It takes me ages every morning to detangle and I've been thinking that I should cut back for awhile. I'm going to take baby steps and only cut off six or so inches (I don't want to cry in the chair!) and maybe more in the future.

Here's a photo I took of my hair today, I'll post another photo in this comment when I get my haircut in a few hours. Wish me luck!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5997&pictureid=129656

Your hair is lovely and so thick :crush: but if it will make you happier, on second thoughts what about hip then your not losing as much length.

Maktub
March 27th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Good luck with the cut ! Cutting to waist should help a lot for detangling, because of the new freshly cut ends.

Your hair is beautiful :)

jeanniet
March 27th, 2012, 08:36 AM
You have lovely hair, and I'm sure it'll be lovely at any length. :) If it's just the detangling that's an issue, cutting a few inches off should make a big difference, and then you can maintain so that those ends stay fresh. I find that I get the most tangling at my ends if I don't keep up with S & D, and now I microtrim every few weeks also. If it's just too much length, then BSL to waist is a good length range--it's still "long," but not so much to deal with. I hope you're happy with your cut!

Darkessa
March 27th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Give me the length you lose!!!
:P

But have you thought about getting layers? Ive noticed that layers tend to make hair easier to detangle.
Worth a shot before losing length!

Othala
March 27th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I did the same from TB to waist, in October last year for the exact same reasons.

However, I regret it now in many ways.

Anyway, good luck to you. We each of us have to make our own journey.

spidermom
March 27th, 2012, 09:59 AM
You can't go wrong with such lovely hair.

Nymphea
March 27th, 2012, 10:27 AM
I did it also a couple of times. As for me, when I'm bored with my hair or I think that something is wrong (damage, easy tangling etc), waist is what I consider "a safe zone" - it is still long enough for me (I think I'd be shocked by BSL or shorter, especially if I'm going from TBL!), but in the same time it feels so "short" and relieving - like a fresh start!

Good luck and post the pictures! It will feel and look great, I'm sure!

Amber_Maiden
March 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM
hoep the cut goes well!

Xandergrammy
March 27th, 2012, 10:29 AM
How do you wear your hair for sleep? I'm thinking that detangling would be easier if you slept with a braid? I hate to see that beautiful hair get shorter. :flowers:

Pinkster8
March 27th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Your hair is gorgeous, and will look just as amazing at waist. It will probably feel very refreshing to get some cut off. Good luck!

lapushka
March 27th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Good luck with the cut. Hope it turns out how you want it to! :)

sweetestpoison
March 27th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Official hair envy! It looks amazing now, but will still look amazing at waist. You took very good care of it looks like. Good job and hope you're happy with the trim, if not remember that it will grow back!

MicheleClaire
March 27th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Loooooove it! I put some photos in the first comment. =)

dulce
March 27th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Your new layers at waist look great!

MonaLisa
March 28th, 2012, 01:06 AM
You are so cute! :) Love the layers!

Syrena
March 28th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Good luck with the cut! Hopefully it will make you feel better about your hair! You hair is beautiful at TBL but I am sure it will look very nice even at waist!

vanity_acefake
March 28th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Wow your hair is so beautiful.
Good luck with whatever you choose.

Knotted
March 28th, 2012, 05:00 AM
You have beautiful hair :)