PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have experience with Pravana or Directions hair dye (preferably both)?

kmarie99
March 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM
I want to try either Directions in Dark Tulip or Pravana in Vivid Red.
Does one bleed less than the other? I want one that will stop bleeding within a week hopefully because I'm attempting to get a job as a lifeguard and I would have to swim on a semi-weekly basis or so. I don't want to dye the pool red! Is one more permanent? I'm aware that they are totally different shades but they're both gorgeous colors I'd love on my hair.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9901&pictureid=129541
This is my hair now after three hennas. It's a solid medium brown I'd say, does anyone who started with something close to my color have any before and after pictures? Thanks!

joflakes
March 27th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Your hair colour is gorgeous already!

I use Directions colour a lot. Just had vermilion red and currently have plum. I wouldn't really recommend them for hair that isn't pre-lightened. I tried it on my dark brown hair and it did nothing. As for the Pravana I have no experience of it, sorry!

ktani
March 27th, 2012, 05:23 AM
This thread hopefully will help you, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27600.

Heatherzilla
March 27th, 2012, 06:16 AM
I dyed over my hennaed hair today using a combination of directions tulip and rubine. Definitely shows up on my hennaed hair which was quite a dark auburn. It's not really vivid though - it's a dark burgundy.

So far I'm predicting it will bleed quite a bit. I spent a good 10 minutes trying to rinse all the dye out and still had pink run off. Warning you now that this stuff stains everything. I had to spend a good 10 minutes scrubbing my shower clean. It also stained my scalp hot pink.

kmarie99
March 27th, 2012, 11:53 AM
This thread hopefully will help you, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=27600.

Thanks so much!

ktani
March 27th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks so much!

You are very welcome. :)

kmarie99
March 27th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I dyed over my hennaed hair today using a combination of directions tulip and rubine. Definitely shows up on my hennaed hair which was quite a dark auburn. It's not really vivid though - it's a dark burgundy.

So far I'm predicting it will bleed quite a bit. I spent a good 10 minutes trying to rinse all the dye out and still had pink run off. Warning you now that this stuff stains everything. I had to spend a good 10 minutes scrubbing my shower clean. It also stained my scalp hot pink.

Do you have any pictures of the color? Thanks!

Katze
March 28th, 2012, 10:07 AM
I tried doing streaks of Rose Red on my coarser nape hairs this past winter and it didn't do anything - sort of a gloss that washed out really fast and was a PITA to do.

I've heard people say that there are better temp dyes, but this was what I remembered from the good old days of many different hair colors, so I figured I would try it.

Your hair is really pretty and the color is gorgeous!