PDA

View Full Version : New growth or breakage?

mzBANGBANG
March 26th, 2012, 04:50 PM
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad238/caslpierce/mar26_afterdry2.jpg

What say you?! I'm on day 15 WO, occasional leave-in at the ends. Does it look greasy or shiny?

Sillage
March 26th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Isn't new growth usually tapered? Maybe you can examine your stands and see.

Roscata
March 26th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Your hair does not look greasy, it looks shinny. I love your hair color, it's very pretty. :)

Amber_Maiden
March 26th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Ubless you are doing something damaging to your hear to make it break- ie. Ripping a brush through your hair or heat styling- I wouldn't worry about it. It's probably regrowth.

Bunnysaur
March 26th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure. But it doesn't look greasy at all, it looks pretty shiny. And, might I add, your color is gorgeous.

holothuroidea
March 26th, 2012, 08:25 PM
My first reaction was "PRETTY!!" It doesn't look greasy at all.

I think those crazy hairs are pretty normal, you might be noticing them now on WO because the texture of individual hairs become more pronounced. At least, that is what I experienced when I was WO.

spidermom
March 26th, 2012, 08:46 PM
My first reaction was "greasy". But I'm in the minority, so I'm probably wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

swearnsue
March 26th, 2012, 09:02 PM
It looks a little greasy to me too.

caiti42
March 26th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Slightly greasy but not what you would expect for 15 days! It also looks really shiny too though. I'm a fence sitter lol

jacqueline101
March 26th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I can't tell about the greasy or new growth part. I do love the color.

CurlySasha
March 28th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I think it looks fantastically shiny with a tiny bit of grease near the roots. For 15 days, you're doing great!

Anje
March 28th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I don't see much for breakage or new growth in that shot.

I'd say it looks a tad bit greasy, mostly shiny. But a bit greasy is pretty normal for the first month or two of WO -- it looks quite good, considering.

alyanna
March 28th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Oh my! You guys who said greasy haven't seen grease!!! You should see my hair on day 4:eek:

To me it looks lovely shiny.

Can't help you with the breakage/new growth thing because I'm constantly asking myself the same question about my own hair...

mzBANGBANG
March 29th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments! I feel mixed about both. It seems to appear shiny right after bathing, but as the day goes on, the grease comes out. I've definitely noticed an increase of grease at the roots but it seems to be slowly going away as the days go on. I appreciate all feedback! I'll have to post an update at the end of week 3 and see if there is improvement. :)

Anje
March 29th, 2012, 01:30 PM
With WO, there's a lot of hanging in there for about 8 weeks. So hang in there.

Do try a vinegar rinse, massage it through, then rinse it out. That always seemed to remove a bit more oil for me than water alone would.

Anywhere
March 29th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I think it looks a wee bit greasy in certain parts, but to me greasy hair doesn't really look bad. I guess I'm weird. :p