PDA

View Full Version : Shock hair sight in public

julliams
March 26th, 2012, 05:06 AM
Heading into a supermarket, I was watching a young woman ahead of me who had a mass of lovely hair....only it was completely tangled to the point where it would have taken a good couple of hours and loads of patience to get through it. She was raking her hands through her hair trying to get some of the knots out.

On the way out of the supermarket I caught sight of the same girl, in the same spot, still raking her hands through her hair.....only now she was doing it WITH A LIT CIGARETTE IN THE SAME HAND she was detangling with. I could not believe what I was seeing and I hope to goodness she does not do this ever again!!

Amanah
March 26th, 2012, 05:59 AM
she got that mass of lovely hair without trying it would seem :(

Pinkster8
March 26th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Ouch ouch ouch! I cringe when I see people raking through their hair. And the cigarette part... Eeek! :(

Amber_Maiden
March 26th, 2012, 06:22 AM
That is scary!!!

Mannaz
March 26th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Yikes! :run:

Firefly
March 26th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Wow, that IS scary-- especially considering how flammable hair/hair products are!

PlushMistress
March 26th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Wow, that IS scary-- especially considering how flammable hair/hair products are!

Probably doesn't even bother with hair products if she lets it get as tangled as it was.

My sister used to have classic length beautiful wavy hair and she would always let a rat's nest form right at the nape of her neck and would never brush it out. I envied her hair so much and she never took care of it!

Trisana
March 26th, 2012, 07:16 AM
I have a friend like that. She has beautiful waist length hair, but it is always tangled. I helped her detangle it a couple of weeks ago, and it took me three hours! shudder: I can't understand how people allow their hair to get like that.

Valfreyja
March 26th, 2012, 07:25 AM
You just know eventually it'll end in disaster. One day it's just going to ignite... I often see people like that with seriously long hair and wonder "how???" to myself.

Usually the people I see like that are really young people though (teens etc), and it's not like I took such great care of my hip length hair during my teenage years although it never looked or felt bad despite my bad care. I did keep it in a braid though. How old did she look?

KaasKnot
March 26th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Maybe she'll be the next winner of the Darwin Awards. That sounds like behavior fit to remove her from the gene pool.

heidi w.
March 26th, 2012, 08:44 AM
Was she possibly mentally ill or homeless, or something like that?

heidi w.

Springgrl
March 26th, 2012, 08:47 AM
That is horrible!

Aeltt
March 26th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I can't understand how people allow their hair to get like that.
Well when you have dry + coarse + thick + curly hair, the tangled mess is kind of the normal state (ask me how i know :D ).
Even if i comb it carefully, oil and braid it tight, i'll have lots of knots when taking out the braid (how ??). Just saying.

But the lit cigarette ? Really dangerous Oo (and dumb. You have two hands girl !)

BrightEyes
March 26th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Oh dear. I really hope she doesn't set herself on fire. That would be terrifying.

swearnsue
March 26th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I sounds like she left home quickly with just the clothes on her back and trying to survive. Poor thing. At least she has her cigs.

Mayflower
March 26th, 2012, 10:30 AM
That sounds terrible :(

jacqueline101
March 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
That's scary one wrong move you're up in flames.

leslissocool
March 26th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Woah! That's scary! Thank goodness she didn't go up in flames!

TiffanieJean
March 26th, 2012, 12:34 PM
:agape: That's crazy! Maybe she learned her lesson? (I hope)

PixxieStix
March 26th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I might not have been able to stop myself from gasping out "What are you thinking?!" It could be she was so distracted with something else she wasn't even aware of the cigarette, the mind is pretty powerful like that. =)

nobeltonya
March 26th, 2012, 04:17 PM
My hair tangled massively like that, especially at the nape of my neck, last winter before I started regularly using oil, conditioner and leave-in. :) Now, not too bad, even if I leave it down. Just have to be aware of wind.

Silverbrumby
March 26th, 2012, 04:49 PM
My hair caught fire once in a bar as I was trying to light a cigarette. That was pretty shocking to me as it happened so fast. I was young, have bangs and hairspray. Leaned over to light cig. and 'poof!'

Lipbalmbabe
March 26th, 2012, 04:57 PM
She should join lhc!

Hollyfire3
March 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Well when you have dry + coarse + thick + curly hair, the tangled mess is kind of the normal state (ask me how i know :D ).
Even if i comb it carefully, oil and braid it tight, i'll have lots of knots when taking out the braid (how ??). Just saying.

But the lit cigarette ? Really dangerous Oo (and dumb. You have two hands girl !)

I agree with this! The first part, SO true (well, when my hair is non heat damaged and all of that) now, it just hates me but i'm working on it! And yes, two hands, one for pulling your hair out trying to comb it the other read to light the knots on fire....lol, i hope she doesn't ever set her hair on fire.......

Caitpenn
March 26th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I'm guilty of the same thing, except for the cigarette. I used to get a horrible mat of tangles at the nape of my neck. Part of it was that I never really knew how to properly brush my hair. The other part was that I rarely ever put my hair up, so it would just get twisted and tangled in the wind. I've stood at home and in public trying to detangle with my hands. I also had to cut or rip whole knots out! I'm so glad that I know how to take care of my hair now and figured out how to deal with and prevent tangles. For some hair types it's almost unavoidable though.

Slug Yoga
March 26th, 2012, 06:27 PM
How flammable is hair, actually? I'm not a smoker so it's not something I've really worried myself about. Like if you did touch a cigarette end to your hair, would it start smouldering, would it light right up like a piece of paper, or what? I guess fine fibers (like shredded rope or dried grasses) are pretty flammable, which is why you can use them to get a fire going...a friend of a friend would go camping with a woman who had really bushy hair, and he said she would sometimes cut pieces off to use for tinder! o_o So I... I guess that's an option, in a survival situation!

I have a scary hair story, involving pets. My cat has extremely fine, long, fluffy fur. Apparently, while my mother was watching television, she (the cat) jumped up onto a nearby table where there was a lit candle. The very tip of her tail brushed the flame and immediately caught fire! My mother panicked and clapped her hands over the end of the tail, putting the fire out, thank goodness. My cat didn't even notice. Which is a good thing. Don't want to think what could have happened if the cat had gotten scared and started running around. Anyway, we don't light candles any more!

Helix
March 26th, 2012, 10:49 PM
http://pichars.org/store/4639_original_3yeoni.gif

Yikes. Glad she didn't set herself on fire.

lolot
March 26th, 2012, 10:55 PM
my hair get tangled like that i just have to let it down for 15 minutes and voila a rat nest, i hate it i cant never wear my hair down because of that