PDA

View Full Version : need an opinion: layers

deltadeliquent
March 26th, 2012, 04:32 AM
I have one long layer that is about chin length. The rest of my hair is APL. The layer hair is much more damaged than the rest of my hair and makes everything look bad. BUT... I want to grow it out and have hair all one length.

Would you trim the layer to make it look better and be content with a longer time frame to all one length, or would you keep the horrible ends on the layer and just live with it and cut it when it gets APL and then grow on from there?

Thanks.

Amanah
March 26th, 2012, 04:50 AM
I'd get the layer trimmed and slightly layered so that it blends in better with the rest of your hair and then continue to grow it out. That's what I just did actually, and I'm much happier with my hair looking healthier.

Sundial
March 26th, 2012, 05:57 AM
I'm growing out layers too. I have been trimming less off my layers than my hemline and I do it less often. That way it gives the layers a chance to catch up and yet it wouldn't look as bad while growing out. If you usually take 0.5" off your length, you can take half of that off your layers. And maybe only trim your layers every alternate trim session, i.e. for every 2 times you trim your length you only trim your layers once. I actually stretch mine out to every third trim and it worked out fine for me.

julliams
March 26th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Get the layer blended a little better and then just let it grow. It's amazing how much better a layer can look once it gets a little longer. Speaking from experience here.