PDA

View Full Version : Donated 10 inches of my hair!

2peasinapod
March 25th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Hello everyone! I love having long hair, but mine was getting to be too much for me. It looked great in the pictures, but despite some great advice from here, I couldn't do anything with it. It was hot and heavy when down. It hurt to put up. Even two simple french braids felt like a small child pulling at my scalp after half a day. Other styles simply fell out because my hair is too heavy.

On the plus side, it is extremely thick. I never got split ends or any other damage no matter what I did to it. I swear you could make ropes out of it. I use all natural hair care and never use heat. Everything I've been told wig makers are looking for. So, I decided to give my hair to someone who has none. I donated my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths.

I went a little shorter than I originally planned. The minimum requirement is eight inches, but I gave them ten because my hair is wavy (and because I accidentally put the band at where I wanted to cut instead of below :o). It is juuust at the length where I can pull all back, so it's OK.

This is the last time I plan to be this short. I like my hair best somewhere between APL and BSL. That is where I can do the most styles without pain and still have length.

So, without further ado, here are the results! I cut my hair into a bob myself, so it's a bit uneven (and not the best pic), but I was pleasantly surprised how well it turned out.

My final length shot:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4320&pictureid=129546

A clearer shot:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4320&pictureid=128821

Now:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4320&pictureid=129550

I'm still sticking around, though! Besides admiring the many beautiful heads of hair here, I hope to be able to show off lots of new styles now that I can manage my hair. :)

Perelka74
March 25th, 2012, 05:17 PM
As you said it goes to someone who has none . I think it was very nice of you to donate your hair and it is going to grow back , I wish you happy growing.

Madora
March 25th, 2012, 05:53 PM
What a thoughtful, generous donation, 2peasinapod! Your hair still looks wonderful, so healthy and beautiful.

Beckstar
March 25th, 2012, 05:55 PM
That was wonderful of you. 10" and you still have shoulder length hair??? You're at a really good length for doing fun updos.

PixxieStix
March 25th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I am sure someone will be very happy with the wig your hair was able to help make, how thoughtful of you, and I'm glad to see it went to such a good charity.

2peasinapod
March 25th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks everyone! It is actually just above shoulder (my shoulders were raised in order to take the picture). My hair was around 22 inches before (though it varied depending on how wavy it was that day) and just barely touching my waist.

I can't really do any updos because it is wider than it is long, but I can pull it back and do a stumpy ponytail and either clip it up or do a small peacock twist until it grows more. My hair grows pretty fast, I think, so I'll be doing fancy styles in no time. ;)

Yozhik
March 25th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Kudos and admiration, 2peasinapod!

That is a generous donation.

I know what you mean about feeling like the long hair is too much -- I grew my hair out to almost hip, and then cut back to waist, which is a much more comfortable length to me. I'm even contemplating going shorter! I agree with you -- APL-BSL is a great length for hair. :)

Amber_Maiden
March 25th, 2012, 06:24 PM
that was so nice of you to do!

vanity_acefake
March 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
That was a wonderfully kind thing to do.
Your new haircut looks fab.

RitaPG
March 25th, 2012, 06:46 PM
What a wonderful thing to do! You have great hair, I'm sure it'll make someone very happy.
And that haircut looks great! Short hair is fun and sassy, hope you enjoy every stage of the growing process :D

BrightEyes
March 25th, 2012, 08:05 PM
What a nice thing to do! Your haircut looks great. Good job:)

jacqueline101
March 25th, 2012, 08:10 PM
That was a generous gift to donate. I'm glad you're staying here you might decide to grow it out again. Your hair is lovely by the way.

Debra83
March 25th, 2012, 08:13 PM
That was very unselfish of you.

lovinglocks
March 25th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Still lots of length!

Sunny_side_up
March 26th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Thats a very nice thing to do :) your hair looks lovely and healthy and its good that you are enjoying a length you find manageable and feel good about your newly shorter length:)

2peasinapod
March 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks again, everyone! I measured wrong, and actually cut closer to eleven inches. Here is the hair before it gets sent out:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4320&pictureid=129674

:blueeek: I can't believe I had all that hair on my head! Well, now I'm on my way to growing most of it back. Thanks again for your kind words. :o