PDA

View Full Version : "D'wah!" Moment With Fiance This Morning

PixxieStix
March 25th, 2012, 11:58 AM
So my fiance and I are both growing out hair out right now, his longest layer is APL, mine is around 2 inches shy (he hasn't even had a trim in about a year and a half, I've had a few to try and even out some layers), and he wears his hair in a ponytail in the same spot every. single. day. I've told him why it's a bad idea, but he doesn't want to take the time to do anything else in the morning.

Well, a few weeks ago we got up at the same time in the morning (rare for us because of differences in work schedules), and again, he had put his hair in a ponytail, but I thought "Hey, since I'm up, I can put his hair into a braid quick for him!" So I take out his ponytail and just as I reach to grab his hair he turns around and gives me this death glare and asks what do I think I'm doing?! I told him I was just going to throw his hair in a braid really quick and he made some comment about how he doesn't need this right now, etc. etc. Saying he is NOT a morning person is putting it lightly, and however irrational it was for my feelings to be hurt, they were, so I haven't even tried touching his hair since.

Cue this morning, we sleep in, get up at the same time, go through a morning routine and as I'm getting dressed he comes into the bedroom looking at me all adorable like and turns around in front of me and swishes his wet, combed hair in front of me, looks over at me and bats his eyelashes, then turns his head away again and swishes his hair again. I'm giggling and ask if he wants me to do his hair for him today, and he just swishes it again. He's adorably subtle when he wants something. So I get him into the bathroom with better lighting (and a hair elastic, which he didn't have for me, silly boy!) and did a fishtail braid. It looked really nice, and he gave me a big ol' bear hug and told me thank you for doing his hair.

I just had to share because it was pretty cute and knew I had only one "family" who would really understand. :)

LadyCelestina
March 25th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Aaaaw that's soo cute!:)

Calaelen
March 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM
AWW, how sweet. That's the male version of an apology just so you know ;)

Woods Nymph
March 25th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Haha! That's so cute!

Shesta
March 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Oh, that's so adorable! :)

darkrose
March 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Wow, hopefully I will meet a guy like that some day. :)

PixxieStix
March 25th, 2012, 12:28 PM
AWW, how sweet. That's the male version of an apology just so you know ;)

Several weeks late, but I'll take it. :)

ArienEllariel
March 25th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Awwwhhh that's so sweet!! :)

Calaelen
March 25th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Several weeks late, but I'll take it. :)

LOL. Be glad he didn't wait for an anniversary! Apologies are few and far between here, but when one is warranted it usually comes late and in the form of an action..lol. It is cute when you understand how they tick.

Debra83
March 25th, 2012, 12:34 PM
That is SOOOO cute!!!! :D

Valfreyja
March 25th, 2012, 12:36 PM
D'AW. Well, that reminds me of DBF. They're only ever like that in private, aren't they?

KaasKnot
March 25th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Next step: teach him how to do it himself. :)

woolyleprechaun
March 25th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Awww! Dont you just love 'man apologies'?
Bless :)

Coffeebug
March 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM
awwww!!! That's really sweet!

Ocelan
March 25th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Aww that's cute.

I like doing my BF's APL length hair too, though he doesn't always appreciate it so much or atleast doesn't say so. He always says "what are you doing back there again, some kind of a strange braid?" when we're on the sofa watching a movie.
He hates fishtail braids though, since he says he can never get them out of his hair and I don't wonder since he hasn't once trimmed his hair after a buzz cut, never uses conditioner (he's WO) and rakes through his hair every day with one of those plastic balltip brushes.
I also braid his beard, hehe. So fun :)

Angela_Rose
March 25th, 2012, 01:00 PM
How adorable! Good boy.

cwarren
March 25th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Your fiance is sweet to "apologize" so soon! Did he enjoy his braid?

sibiryachka
March 25th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Aaaww, that's exactly what my fella does when he wants me to braid his hair, or comb it after a shower. He likes to waft the conditioner smell at me.

jacqueline101
March 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM
That's sweet he's trying. Mine I have to give him the look to get him to realize he did something wrong.

WyrdWay
March 25th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I'm glad things worked out :D

goldenmoments
March 25th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Adorable! I'm glad he came around to the idea

Caitpenn
March 25th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Aww that's funny and sweet. :)

Mine is growing his hair too. It's now below shoulder length and is super thick and healthy looking. He just tosses it up in a pony bun sort of thing (the one where you make a pony tail and then pull some of the hair through the hair tie). I mindlessly braid his hair sometimes in the evenings when we're watching something and he normally doesn't mind. I did that one morning we were sleeping in and I got the same mean reaction that you did. Hurt my feelings too. Later that day, he brushed my hair for me (which I find really relaxing)... his man apology. lol

Littlewing13
March 25th, 2012, 04:57 PM
yep thats gorgeous. thx for sharing, put a smile on my dial :)

long&blonde
March 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
That Is Soo cute, and I agree: its his Apology.

PixxieStix
March 25th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Your fiance is sweet to "apologize" so soon! Did he enjoy his braid?

Yes, yes he did. He wore it in to work today and everything.

The kicker is, when we first met, I had less than two inches of hair and his was past waist, and prior to him cutting it off, I used to do his hair all the time. It'll be fun to see how him letting me do his hair again progresses as it grows longer. :)

david
March 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Yes, yes he did. He wore it in to work today and everything.

The kicker is, when we first met, I had less than two inches of hair and his was past waist, and prior to him cutting it off, I used to do his hair all the time. It'll be fun to see how him letting me do his hair again progresses as it grows longer. :)

Awesome, glad he enjoyed his braid. I'm sure he will let you do his hair. As much as we may act the tough guy we all love it when someone wants to do our hair.

Lissandria
March 25th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Cute story, I just love men especially when they do sweet things like that :D

AnqeIicDemise
March 25th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Aww... now I really miss DH's long curls. He'd come up to me and say "up-up.. I can't do it as nice as you!" and it meant a high ponytail. He usually had it tied low but he said it was too Steven Seagallish. XD

He'd also let me braid it.

Amber_Maiden
March 25th, 2012, 06:39 PM
That is cute!!

1nuitblanche
March 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM
That is super cute! Thanks for sharing.

BrightEyes
March 25th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Awww, that's adorable.

princessp
March 25th, 2012, 09:46 PM
That is sweet! And it made me smile because when he first started growing his hair my partner used to be very iffy about me touching it too. But now (about a year or so after he started growing) we share hair products/tips and he lets me handle his a lot more. I do wish he would learn how to braid though, because I could use an extra pair of braiding hands :)

Falcore
March 26th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Nawwww.. this is adorable and made me smile