PDA

View Full Version : I finally beat you into submission, Crown Braid!

AnqeIicDemise
March 24th, 2012, 10:33 PM
And I managed it with *this* tutorial : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=78600

That and a lot, and I mean a LOT of Madora's patient explanations.

Its neat, its complete and no random bits of hair that I missed. Having some of the hair pulled out of the way helped a ton in management!

Pics in a bit!

ETA:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7551&pictureid=129493

and

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7551&pictureid=129494

-phew-

My hand did cramp a lot, though. Worth it!

renarok
March 24th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Congratulations!!! I haven't mastered that style yet. I've tried, but never got any results I'd let my family see, let alone leave the house with.

Alvrodul
March 24th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Yay! Congratulations! :flower:

I remember how pleased I was when I conquered it myself! :D

AnqeIicDemise
March 24th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Congratulations!!! I haven't mastered that style yet. I've tried, but never got any results I'd let my family see, let alone leave the house with.

It sure is a doozy. I used to flip the orientation of the braid a lot so I'd have this odd twist in the back. It would also be super loose.

Eventually I had to stop trying because i got so angry I kept tearing through the knots. The seamless parting has helped a lot. It just keeps the bits that give me issues away from my fingers and lessens the tangling.

I think this is the first version I'd feel comfortable walking out in. By no means is it perfect (I noticed that the left side is a lot further back of my head than the right) but it is fairly decent. Its been a year of trying to master this sucker. :cheese:

Freckled.Thing
March 24th, 2012, 11:19 PM
That's gorgeous. I still haven't managed it. I can get the first half but after I turn around and start braiding back towards the front of my head it always ends up very loose and messy. Whenever I try I end up making a royal mess of my hair though, so I don't practice very much.

AnqeIicDemise
March 24th, 2012, 11:22 PM
That's gorgeous. I still haven't managed it. I can get the first half but after I turn around and start braiding back towards the front of my head it always ends up very loose and messy. Whenever I try I end up making a royal mess of my hair though, so I don't practice very much.

I took a three month sabbatical. :silly:

darklion
March 25th, 2012, 01:47 AM
wow!!! what an inspiration. I'm so impressed.
I keep picturing my failures, so I haven't even tried!!!!
I just keep wrapping my single braid around my head, wishing that it looked like yours!
... and no, the single braid does not make it all the way around. :(

Shesta
March 25th, 2012, 03:12 AM
Well done! Looks very neat and shiny - exactly the way it is supposed to be :)

cheetahfast
March 25th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Hmm, I was able to do it with a different method, but I sometimes mess up.
It also takes me a while to do it.

Maybe I'll try this one.
Yours looks wonderful!!!! :D

Bedhead
March 25th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Yay! :cheer:

proo
March 25th, 2012, 06:35 AM
This is such a comfy and protective style - now that I've learned, it's my go-to.

I learned from getoffmyskittles' tutorial

Madora
March 25th, 2012, 08:42 AM
And I managed it with *this* tutorial : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=78600

That and a lot, and I mean a LOT of Madora's patient explanations.

Its neat, its complete and no random bits of hair that I missed. Having some of the hair pulled out of the way helped a ton in management!

Pics in a bit!

ETA:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7551&pictureid=129493

and

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7551&pictureid=129494

-phew-

My hand did cramp a lot, though. Worth it!

AngeIicDemise, heartiest congratulations! That's a beautiful, neat crown braid! And just think, every time you do it, it will become easier. Way to go!

thelambscottage
March 25th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Wow that is awesome! I'm still working on the basics, but maybe someday I'll get there too. Good job by the way!
- Rachel

white.chocolate
March 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
It looks very neat and very pretty! Congratulations! I was scared in the beginning before trying out this style, but the tutorial you used really made it very easy. :)

kme81
March 25th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Yay! It looks soooo pretty!!! I adore this style and it looks great on you!

papera
March 25th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Congrats!!! :cheer: :applause It looks really nice!!

I still have to get there myself ... :rant:

PixxieStix
March 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Wow, congratulations! That is quite the accomplishment, doing it yourself is no easy task. I don't know if I should even try tackling it, but now I might be tempted to practice nothing but hair styles during my break in between semesters, you've inspired me!

vanity_acefake
March 25th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Congratulations. It looks fabulous.
:)

2peasinapod
March 25th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Good job! I was never able to get it right, but I always admired it! I love how it looks in the last picture - like a hat or wreath sitting on top of your head. It looks comfortable, too! :)

AnqeIicDemise
March 25th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Good job! I was never able to get it right, but I always admired it! I love how it looks in the last picture - like a hat or wreath sitting on top of your head. It looks comfortable, too! :)

It was. Sort of.

There was no tension or snagging ends, but my hair isn't used to moving that way. So, come 2 am my scalp was hurting from where the hair was sectioned and braided upward. It wasn't painful, just obnoxious.

I undid the braid about an hour ago just to rub the scalp where it was achy. It is wash day after all, so might as well. I shall definitely keep on doing it though. Its perfect for house work!

GRU
March 25th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I'm sooooo jealous. Wanna come do mine????

jacqueline101
March 25th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Your hair looks lovely congrats on your accomplishment.

BrightEyes
March 25th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Congrats! Your crown braid looks beautiful:)

AnqeIicDemise
March 25th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I'm sooooo jealous. Wanna come do mine????

YES!! <3 Anything to get my hands on those lovely curls for a day. They're so pretty!

LisaB234
March 25th, 2012, 08:43 PM
What a beautiful classic style! I'm all thumbs when it comes to crown braiding my own hair - I'm impressed!

GRU
March 25th, 2012, 09:23 PM
YES!! <3 Anything to get my hands on those lovely curls for a day. They're so pretty!

Anytime you wanna come east, just c'mon over!

(That commute might be a beeyotch, though! :lol:)

sycamoreboutiqu
March 25th, 2012, 10:32 PM
GRU - I hear you.

I would love to do a style like that but the tangling that would ensue would be just too much to deal with. Going over to check out that tutorial though, anything is possible.

mrs_coffee
March 25th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Wow! So pretty!