PDA

View Full Version : Help with updos!

A. Correira
March 24th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I put a post like this up a few months ago, but my hair has grown and I want to expand my collection of hair updos. I have hair that is a little longer than shoulder length, but I am so bored with it! I am trying to keep myself from coloring it because I am bored. I looked all over youtube and the internet and found nothing that really worked for me. My hair is kind of at an awkward stage and is too long for a lot of things but too short for others. I decided that it was time to turn to you all on here! What are some good updo styles that I could do and feel pretty? I know of one that I really like, but I want more than just that!

RapunzelKat
March 25th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Let's see... I'm not sure what you've tried already, but here's a few that might work :)

French braid or Dutch braid with ends tucked under. (You can also do these diagonally for variety ;))
French twist, with the ends either tucked or fanned
Looped bun (Where you put your hair in a ponytail, but only pull it halfway through the elastic the last time. Not sure if that's it's real name...)
Short English braid/side English braid

And if you don't mind wearing it down or partially down:
Simple half up with a barrette or claw clip
With a pouf
Braided half up
Sections rolled back and pinned with pretty clips
Lace braid headband or other type of braided headband

fridgee
March 25th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I'll add to RepunzelKat's excellent suggestions with sock bun, Gibson tuck and split bun (starting from a ponytail, might be called cheaters hair stick bun) :flower:

fridgee
March 25th, 2012, 05:12 AM
ETA: Doh! Double post!

I'll add to RepunzelKat's excellent suggestions with sock bun, Gibson tuck and split bun (starting from a ponytail, might be called cheaters hair stick bun) :flower:

Madora
March 25th, 2012, 11:08 AM
This might work for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

(Lillith Moon's two strand lace crown braid technique)

white.chocolate
March 25th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I'm not good with thinking up updos for hair shorter than APL because I don't have the experience, and the previous posters have already given nice ideas in my opinion. I'm just popping to say, have you watched the 2007 version Mansfield Park? I've noticed some really interesting half-up styles. :)