PDA

View Full Version : My Hypercurly Hair Straightened

lacefrost
March 24th, 2012, 08:29 AM
aka Lacefrost's Annual Hair Straightening. . .

Sorry, folks, been meaning to put this up for a while but LHC ate the first incarnation of this.

So I went and got my hair straightened at the salon in Feb. It was as I expected. I was the only person in there with waist length hair. I was the only person in there with 4a/C/iii hair. So some hair hiccups were expected. I was told I needed a big trim. I shrugged at that. I mean, compared to the women there with shoulder length hair, yeah sure. And they also washed my hair loose. I let them cause I like to give the benefit of the doubt. But when my hair turned into the afro you see in my siggy pic. . .yeah. . .and then they tried to comb it only wet and in four sections. . .yeah. . . I had to take the comb away and show them how. They were pretty gracious about it so I gave them tips on how to detangle and wash hypercurly hair. So as I said, it was as I expected.

At the time of these pics my hair is 26.5in (MBL) with a V hemline and layers I'm trying to grow out:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9043&pictureid=128749

I don't know how you guys make your hair lay straight. I mean in this pic, my hair looks straggly but it's not. I took tons of pictures and my hair either wanted to fluff out or fold under. Or both. I'm not very proficient at straight hair so I have no clue on how to make it lay nicely on my back. I mean, how do you reach around so that it looks nice from APL down? Maybe I'm just not flexible enough. . .

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9043&pictureid=127674
5 seconds later (or earlier.) See, I told you my hair's not scraggly. It just doesn't know how to lay down. Even after being blowndry and flatironed, it still wants to fluff up in every direction. (Admittedly these are braidwaves)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9043&pictureid=127673
Pulling hair to show length. See? Fluff! My hair has a mind of it's own!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9043&pictureid=128747
Bad cameraphone pic. Bunwaves!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9043&pictureid=127675
This is my streak. I bleached it to a midbrown and covered my entire head with SFX Candy Apple Red. There was no change in haircolor on my unbleached hair.

And just for fun, here's the bigger version of my siggy pic:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6637&pictureid=97705
This was exactly a year ago, so it's grown a bit since then.

What I've learned from this is how to blow dry my hair correctly, that flatironing my hair is a waste of time (it starts looking like a blow dry immediately), and that there's nothing wrong with showing people how to do your hair. Also, I finally got a lot of silly longhair questions from people. "Why wear it up if it's long? Why not cut it short?" "Why grow it long?" "What're you gonna do with it?" I just smiled.

Anyway, I have a coupla more pics in my Straight(ish) album, if you wanna check it out.

Thank you for looking!

CurlyMopTop
March 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Wow! Lacefrost your hair looks amazing curly, fresh out of twists, or semi-straightish! Your hair is beautiful! I admire the amount of curl and volume that your hair has. I wish that you could pass just a little of that volume my way. ;)

skraprchik
March 24th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Wow! So much volume! I really love all of your pics.

Vanilla Mint
March 24th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Your hair is AMAZING! I also love your bun waves!

patienceneeded
March 24th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Your hair is STUNNING!

spidermom
March 24th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Your hair has a ton of body; that's for sure.

HappyHair87
March 24th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Wow! Your hair looks awesome! I love that streak in the front! You kinda look like Teyana Taylor too!

I hate how it'll puff up right after a flat iron...but i think when i straighten my hair next time i'm gonna try Crisco on top of a heat protectant. It supposedly makes it last longer.

lapushka
March 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
You've got amazing hair! I love it! :D

SwordWomanRiona
March 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I love your hair!! It looks great in every pic, curly or with waves! And, btw, you're sooo pretty :).

Freckled.Thing
March 24th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Wow, I ADORE your hair, in all of the pictures. Haha, you're making me jealous! Seriously though, you look absolutely fantastic.

katha
March 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
You're so pretty!!

Shesta
March 24th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Your hair is simply awesome and I like so much the afro in your siggy! It's especially magnificent!

einna
March 24th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Your hair is so cool! I love it every way you wear it! :D

maborosi
March 24th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Pretty pretty pretty!

And woah your hair has a lot of volume! :agape:

~maborosi~

Sillage
March 24th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Lacefrost I love your hair! Normally I'm not a big fan of V hemlines but yours looks fantastic. Maybe it's because your hair is so wonderfully voluminous-- very chic and cool. And may I say your afro is a thing of inspiration? It is positively REGAL.

elbow chic
March 24th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Could you BE any more beautiful?? Great pics.

Your hair does not look a bit scraggly to me-- it seems it'd be impossible to get an even hemline both straight and curly no matter what you did.

cwarren
March 24th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!

CelinaStarr
March 24th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Beautiful woman and beautiful hair.

LoveAngelBeauty
March 24th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Sigh...I wish I could see it...not enough posts, I guess?

ladonna
March 24th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I love your hair!! It doesn't look scraggly, my hair does that too so maybe that's just a coarse thick hair behavior?

Spring
March 24th, 2012, 04:37 PM
beautiful results... I really like your new avitar

MissCoco
March 24th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Wow, fantastic growth, congrats!! You and your hair are so beautiful! :D :thumbsup:

Java
March 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Stunning! :thudpile:

Your hair looks so well taken care of!

AnqeIicDemise
March 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I mean no offense when I say this, but I love you with your big hair sooo much better. Its just so bold and big and beautiful and full of just sheer attitude. The bun waves, due to sheer volume and texture reminds me of the classic blonde bombshell just in brunette.

I guess I'm just jealous. I like BIG hair... and my hair's just wavy-ish to the point that if you look at it cross eyed, whatever volume or nice spirals I may have cultivated go 'meh'.

GORGEOUS hair. Gorgeous. Rawr!

lacefrost
March 24th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Thank you guys so much for your sweet comments. I was really worried no one would like my hair. . .You made me blush!

I mean no offense when I say this, but I love you with your big hair sooo much better. Its just so bold and big and beautiful and full of just sheer attitude. The bun waves, due to sheer volume and texture reminds me of the classic blonde bombshell just in brunette.

I guess I'm just jealous. I like BIG hair... and my hair's just wavy-ish to the point that if you look at it cross eyed, whatever volume or nice spirals I may have cultivated go 'meh'.

GORGEOUS hair. Gorgeous. Rawr!

Nope, no offense taken at all. I wear my hair a million ways and everyone has a favorite way I wear it. Some prefer it in updoes, others prefer it braided. Some like it in a fro, some like it straight. And some like all my inbetween styles: the things I do when I'm too lazy to actually finish my hair, or too lazy to start it.

longhairedlady
March 24th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I love every single pic you put up!

alyanna
March 24th, 2012, 06:58 PM
So. Incredibly. Cool.
And unique and just hot!!!
You should be proud of yourself for getting your "hypercurly" hair so long.

Helix
March 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Even though I have already seen these I just had to see them again :)

Your hair is very va-va-voom and so thick! not scraggly at all.

icallitbliss
March 24th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Wow, you and your hair are gorgeous!!

haibane
March 25th, 2012, 03:52 AM
So beautiful! and it looks so very thick and healthy. :)

pink.sara
March 25th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Your hair is beautiful! I want it!
It's so versatile, wanna swap? ;)

skaempfer
March 25th, 2012, 07:18 AM
It's cool to see it straightened to see how long it is. I've got to say, though, I like the supercurl version even better. I wish mine had that much spring power!

Desdesdes
March 25th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Gorgeous hair, gorgeous you :) Thanks for sharing!

malwes
March 25th, 2012, 09:32 AM
......I love your volume....:blueeek::shocked:
I wish I had just half of yours....:pray:

blondie9912
March 25th, 2012, 10:05 AM
You're SOO beautiful! I would always see your siggy pic and think "Wow, she's pretty", but seeing more photos of you makes me realize how absolutely stunning you are. You have such a unique and captivating look about your face.. hard to explain but it's definitely a good thing!

McFearless
March 25th, 2012, 10:13 AM
You are so gorgeous :)

I just love you hair!! It looks really soft.

Maktub
March 25th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Nope, no offense taken at all. I wear my hair a million ways and everyone has a favorite way I wear it. Some prefer it in updoes, others prefer it braided. Some like it in a fro, some like it straight. And some like all my inbetween styles: the things I do when I'm too lazy to actually finish my hair, or too lazy to start it.

you and your hair are so amazingly gorgeous, I'm sure you rock all these styles !

Velvet Dreamer
March 25th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Mad jelly right now. It's so beautiful!

Cleopatra18
March 25th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I LOVE the siggy pic!! You look so much better with curly hair. it's such a unique look.

NJoy
March 25th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Girl! Your hair! Your pretty face! That tiny waist! You are rockin!!! I love it!

jacqueline101
March 25th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I love the color streak in your hair. It looks nice no mater what you do to it.

Tabitha
March 25th, 2012, 03:10 PM
All the photos are beautiful - I like the bun waves too - but the natural curly hair has such wonderful energy to it and suits your face so well.

Valfreyja
March 25th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Your hair is so cool. :D

Piyo
March 25th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Girl! Your hair! Your pretty face! That tiny waist! You are rockin!!! I love it!
^ Pretty much this.

I've wanted to comment on your hair pics for awhile, I have never seen hair quite like yours, and it is definitely inspiring!