PDA

View Full Version : You have Rapunzel hair

Kherome
March 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
I went in for a trim a couple of days ago. I had my hair up in a Ficcare. The stylist told me to have a seat, and I told her she'd want me to stand. I took the clip out and she exclaimed "Oh! You have Rapunzel hair!"

I got a good laugh out of it. :D

Hollyfire3
March 23rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
I WISH someone would say something like that to me....my hair isn't NEAR long enough yet (hardly BSL not even) you must have been SO happy, very cool!:)

gossamer
March 24th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Hehe, great comment! It must have been so much fun to surprise her with your length!

A dad and a little girl (3 or 4) were walking behind me once and the dad said something similar. "But she's not in a tower!" the literalist little girl pointed out. I love the things little kids say.

Firefly
March 24th, 2012, 08:14 AM
That's awesome. :)

Amber_Maiden
March 24th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Hehe, great comment! It must have been so much fun to surprise her with your length!

A dad and a little girl (3 or 4) were walking behind me once and the dad said something similar. "But she's not in a tower!" the literalist little girl pointed out. I love the things little kids say.

That is too cute!!!

Kherome
March 29th, 2012, 09:17 AM
You never know what kids will say. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, and wear lots of braces. I once had a small child point at me and say "Look! A transformer!"

gossamer
March 29th, 2012, 09:43 AM
You never know what kids will say. I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, and wear lots of braces. I once had a small child point at me and say "Look! A transformer!"

I love it!

spidermom
March 29th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Haha; I've had that one (Rapunzel) from my granddaughter.

blondie9912
March 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
What a lovely compliment!

barely.there
March 29th, 2012, 02:11 PM

That's too funny! :silly:

PixxieStix
March 29th, 2012, 08:47 PM
I can only dream of the day when someone says that of my hair! It must have been a lovely compliment that just made you glow the rest of the day. ^_^

C_Bookworm
March 29th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Oh my gosh, I didn't even consider the fact that you can't sit for trims after a certain length. That's awesome. And what a great compliment! I can only hope that I get to hear that someday:)

chaos_aroura
March 30th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I love hearing little kids' comments about long hair. I usually just hear "look at her hair!" but I'd love a Rapunzel comment!

firegypsy
May 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM

that's adorable. :)

my dh and dd have EDS as well. Hope your pain is well managed. :blossom:

jacqueline101
May 26th, 2012, 02:19 PM
That's too cute and I can't wait until I have that happen to me.

Henrietta
May 26th, 2012, 03:13 PM

Oh, that's so sweet! :)

Congrats on having a stylist reacting like that :)

Amapola
May 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
What a neat thing to say, and even better that it was so spontaneous. Must have made you feel pretty good!

The "transformer" comment is very cute. Kids have such a refreshing view of life.

LizTheLyre
May 26th, 2012, 05:38 PM
thats funny!! kids are so oblivious.

BlazingHeart
May 26th, 2012, 06:32 PM

I've got EDS, too, and boy the comments you get sometimes! I had a kid ask "Are her fingers made of metal, mommy?" when I was wearing a bunch of ring splints. Usually, they're too distracted by the service dog to notice anything else...

dwell_in_safety
May 26th, 2012, 06:55 PM
That's a wonderful compliment. Your stylist must have greatly appreciated being able to care for hair that long. :)

Shepherdess
May 26th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I went in for a trim a couple of days ago. I had my hair up in a Ficcare. The stylist told me to have a seat, and I told her she'd want me to stand. I took the clip out and she exclaimed "Oh! You have Rapunzel hair!"

Love that!

Ha ha, that is too cute! ! ! :D Something similar happened to me the other day when I was shopping, I was looking through some clothes when a little girl (around 4 years old) said somewhat loudly "LOOK she has hair like Repunzel's! ! ! !" her grandfather looked amused, it was completely adorable!

Natalia
May 26th, 2012, 09:05 PM

awww cute :D my nephews say i have mermaid hair sometimes

Sakuracha
May 26th, 2012, 09:06 PM
That's a wonderful compliment! I would have a happy grin if someone said that about my hair.