PDA

View Full Version : "Happy Birthday, Rapunzel."

LittleOrca
March 23rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
To build up my Rapunzel collection (http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/539510_10100234261724618_19707057_43297517_1482961 026_n.jpg), I have to go somewhere and that somewhere is generally the Disney Store at the mall (though eBay and online shopping has helped, too. ;) )

Most of you know that I crochet'ed a floor length hat (http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/408063_10100190308277678_19707057_43119898_1413466 777_n.jpg) and put felt flowers on it to mimic Rapunzel's braid in the Disney film. It has been terribly cold here and that has given me plenty of chances to wear it. I walk the mall at least weekly for exercise, to get out of my house, and to check and see if there is anything new to add to my collection.

Well, today was my birthday and today was fairly warm and sunny. So, I wore my Rapunzel Crown out today because I wanted to be silly. I went and picked up a few things for myself, then I went and stopped in at the Disney store. A woman that I always see there, I think she might be the manager, came up and said hello. She sees Mr. Orca and I all the time in the store and knows me by my hat. Today she was just enchanted by my crown. :bigeyes: We got talking a little and she gave me updates on the new items that had come in / items that they had been out of and I mentioned it was my birthday. She smiled extra wide then said, "I have to get you something then!" and she ran off to the back. I just blinked and kept shopping and when she came back she handed me a little button that had Mickey Mouse on it and it said "Happy Birthday!" There was a space to put a name and she had written "Rapunzel."

:D

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/RapunzelBirthday.jpg

Avital88
March 23rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
Ahh how sweet of her! you must have been very happy:-)
Happy birthday!xx

Lady Neeva
March 23rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Clever. (And she noticed!)

whitedove
March 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
Happy Birthday! Lovin' the crown and cant wait to see pic's of that rainbow cake :)

jojo
March 23rd, 2012, 05:22 PM
happy birthday, sweet story !

BrightEyes
March 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
Happy Birthday! That was so sweet of her and that crown is adorable:)

Beatnik Guy
March 23rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Cool! And :cake:
:D

Amber_Maiden
March 24th, 2012, 08:36 AM
That is so sweet! Happy birthday!!!!

cindy58
March 24th, 2012, 08:42 AM
How cute! Belated Happy Bday wishes to you also!

kittengirl
March 24th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Happy Birthday!

ArienEllariel
March 24th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Happy Birthday!! And where'd you get that crown?? I've been looking all over for it! :O :)

AnqeIicDemise
March 24th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Happy Birthday!! And where'd you get that crown?? I've been looking all over for it! :O :)

I wouldn't be surprised if she made it. :D

ETA: A little spying on the YT chanel and 'tis true, our creative little mermaid made it herself! What talent.. -jealous-

LittleOrca
March 24th, 2012, 10:38 PM
*Giggle* Yes, I made it. It cost a bit to do though.

skaempfer
March 24th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Daw! That's so sweet! Happy birthday, you lil mermaid, you :D

AnqeIicDemise
March 24th, 2012, 10:47 PM
*Giggle* Yes, I made it. It cost a bit to do though.

I read.. but dang, its worth it! It is absolutely beautiful, LittleOrca. I haven't seen the movie (I've been disillusioned with Disney movies for years.) and *I* want one. It likes like a museum piece or someone's priceless jeweled treasures. Like.. it should belong in a vault behind tempered glass and lasers.

I'm willing to bet many more people would be willing to pay an arm and a leg for it. Is it hefty?

LittleOrca
March 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM
I read.. but dang, its worth it! It is absolutely beautiful, LittleOrca. I haven't seen the movie (I've been disillusioned with Disney movies for years.) and *I* want one. It likes like a museum piece or someone's priceless jeweled treasures. Like.. it should belong in a vault behind tempered glass and lasers.

I'm willing to bet many more people would be willing to pay an arm and a leg for it. Is it hefty?

It's not terribly heavy. I wore it all day on my birthday and I didn't even notice it was there after a while, except when I hit a sun-patch in the mall and sparkles went everywhere.

AnqeIicDemise
March 24th, 2012, 11:32 PM
It's not terribly heavy. I wore it all day on my birthday and I didn't even notice it was there after a while, except when I hit a sun-patch in the mall and sparkles went everywhere.

Be glad I wasn't there. The cat in me would've come out and I'd start chasing the shinies. It takes all I have not to chase a laser. :D